Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Damn elections :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='712654' date='Nov 5 2008, 06:37 AM
I disliked both candidates and wonder if there aren't any real capable people out there that the parties seem to not be able to find. One guy who wants change but not very clear as to HOW and WHAT KIND of change.... It's very easy to yell 'change!' but not all change is good--things can go from bad to worse.
Yep.

I think he is dangerous.
I would have liked it the other way around, Biden with a vice Obama.

However, I just think I am wrong and things work out good in the end.

The biggest problem I see is Iraq.

What's he goin' to do next?

I hope he doesn't make stupid mistakes.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='712782' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:44 PM
Yep.

I think he is dangerous.
I would have liked it the other way around, Biden with a vice Obama.

However, I just think I am wrong and things work out good in the end.

Yes, I'm hoping that Obama can get the Iraqi issue solved quickly and peacefully. We had
no business being there and opened a can of worms. Hussein was bad but at least it was a
secular arab nation -- now, by the looks of it, we've created a new Islamic state (give it a
few years and see).
Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

Oh, and before I forget, here's to President Obama and may he be a better president than
what we've had the past 8 years!!!!

(Raising my glass.... of wuloong green tea which is the only drink around at the moment)

Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='712785' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:48 PM
Yes, I'm hoping that Obama can get the Iraqi issue solved quickly and peacefully. We had
no business being there and opened a can of worms. Hussein was bad but at least it was a
secular arab nation -- now, by the looks of it, we've created a new Islamic state (give it a
few years and see).
I'm not sure about the "no business there", but definately this was done with the wrong motives...

Anyways, I hope he does the right thing and takes care on the soldiers. They have done (and are still doing) an outstanding job and deserve credit for it and someone who takes care on them.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='712789' date='Nov 5 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure about the "no business there", but definately this was done with the wrong motives...

Anyways, I hope he does the right thing and takes care on the soldiers. They have done (and are still doing) an outstanding job and deserve credit for it and someone who takes care on them.
What kind of business are you talking about then? Or is it, in fact, real business (as in the proper meaning of the word). Case in which i disagree with any kind of private business (national) taken care by force in everybody else's country, even Iraq.

Bottom line is: IT IS A MISTAKE TO INVADE A FOREIGN COUNTRY FOR UNCLEAR AND UNJUSTIFIED ENOUGH REASONS.

That's why your nation and France decided not to take part in the war.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

Well, we can all agree that the motives were way off... Were were the WMD's Bush said were all over the place in Iraq? We just went there to make him and his friends richer.... Bush with his oil, the vice-prez with his Haliburton..... it's all about business.

Being an expat American living overseas, I feel the US needs to stop being the policeman of the world and just take care of itself.

If we didn't have Bush for 8 years, we might be on more amicable terms with the Islamics. But we had to go over and straighten out things for them and give them 'democracy'--look how that's turned out in Iraq. C'mon, democracy in a state of Sunni and Shia? Who was the smart guy at the Pentagon who thought this up? He sure missed history class in college...

Yep, Bush made a career of bombing the hell out of those regions and I'm not surprised we created so many people who hate the USA now. Thanks a lot Bush. Now my kids will have to live in a more hostile world thanks to you.

(the above is just me thinking 'what if' and is just an opinion....)
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='712782' date='Nov 5 2008, 07:44 PM
Yep.

just hand it back to the locals and let them finish it and send back all the soldiers.
peace man
Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='712820' date='Nov 5 2008, 09:07 PM
just hand it back to the locals and let them finish it and send back all the soldiers.
peace man
It's too late for that now. To hand it to the locals would equal anarchy that could spread
to the nearby states... Iran might step in to 'stabilize', etc...

We're more or less screwed.... just got to figure a way out of this mess somehow. That's
for Obama to figure out since we're now paying him to do that.. LOL

(Praying.....)
Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

Originally Posted by nyceric03' post='712570' date='Nov 4 2008, 08:25 PM
its all over guys
YES! The bush years are over! and the new movement has begun We FINALLY have a president that represents all of America, not just "white" America. Some people are scared, some people are optimistic, the bottom line is, the people need change, and we got change with president-elect Obama. Me being Filipino-American living in California with a father that is a veteran from WWII cannot be any happier that the time has finally come for a minority to take the highest position in the country, in the best country in the world! Minorities make up America, whether you like it or not, and we're here to stay and make strides wherever we can to make our country better. Viva Obama!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

BigMike i so much agree with what you said. Bravo man! It's good to see that there are still american open minded folks. IMHO it's not too late to try and straighten things with the Iraq and most of the Middle East in general.

Quick Reply: Damn elections :(