Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Damaged!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

I got out to the car this morning to find this white-van-man-genius parked up behind me. You can see the clearance (??) between him and me - he had the same amount of clearance to the car behind. I thought "no way could he have gotten in there without causing damage" and, sure enough, he did. He's swiped the corner of my bumper getting in there, and rammed the guy behind him with his tow hook. Only had my phone camera on me, and it's not sensitive enough to have picked up the damage to my car, but you can clearly see my paint on his bumper in that second picture. The muppet did not even bother to leave a note, and you can see his parking efforts from the look of that front bumper of his.

The sad thing is that this behaviour is all too common in this city, and I've been mad enough to start a catalog of it this morning, which you'll find here: http://autonob.blogspot.com . I'm getting even without stooping to their level of causing wilful damage to the private property of others, and I'll happily add to the experiences and observations of any other folks wanting to let off some steam.

Damaged!!!-image084.jpg
Damaged!!!-image085.jpg
Damaged!!!-image086.jpg
Old 10-19-2007, 03:27 AM
ipp
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Such an idiot!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

That sucks, but that's why my car never, ever gets parked on the street. My truck goes in the city only and the bimmer stays in the burbs.

Sorry man. That's really terrible.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='483445' date='Oct 19 2007, 02:07 PM
That sucks, but that's why my car never, ever gets parked on the street. My truck goes in the city only and the bimmer stays in the burbs.

Sorry man. That's really terrible.
I hear you. Unfortunately, we are a 1-car household in a city where parking for one is trouble enough. My neighbourhood's all apartments and city parking, and you can see the size of the lots from the street markings in the pic below. Almost 40% of the new price of every car here is tax, almost $1,900 a year in car taxes for a diesel E60, almost $6 a gallon of diesel and this is what motorists get. Scandalous!!
Damaged!!!-ncap_img_0177.jpg

So, it's a choice of getting dinged either front-and-back or on the doors, depending where we park. My 2-year old car's starting to look like a moonscape.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Too bad ! put your trailor hitch on and leave it there while in the city . I'm sure that would deter some of these hammer heads.

Cheers
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d M Sport Touring (born November 22nd, 2006) Carbon Black (metallic), Black Dakota Leather, 18" M135 L/Alloy Wheels with 245/40 R18 93Y Goodyear NCT5 tyres (Run-flats), Manual Transmission, Xenon headlamps, Headlamp-washer system, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Navigation-system Professional, Hi-Fi loudspeaker system, M Sport Package, Roof Rails, M-Sports Suspension, Sun Protection Glass, High Gloss Shadow Line, M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, Anthracite Headlining, Cup Holders, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, DVD Prep in rear, Side Blinds (manual), Automatic Air Conditioning, M Steering Wheel, Aluminium "Cube Pure" interior trim, Sports Seats, ISOFIX Child Seat System (front passenger seat), Park Distance Control

At least you got the b*stards license plate + pics of the situation.

Are you going to press charges ? Seems to me you have all the evidence you need to make an insurance claim. Insurance pays you and makes a claim on his insurance company to settle things.

Anyway, this kind of driving seems to happen a lot in the city and it is one of the reasons why I don't like parking in the city. You can be as carefull as you want, there is always a possibility that an idiot likt the morron who hit your car doesn't mind banging yours a bit to get some space. Sure he doesn't drive a BMW eh, but what's the point ? Is it asking too much to look out not to damage other peoples ride ?

My sympathy goes out to you and hope you get the damage repaired on his cost.

P.S.
In France they also park like that all of the time. One time I was just waiting on the curb when an ugly Renault pulled up to park in a spot which was clearly to small for his car. Just banged the car in front of him and the car after him and there it is: car parked A OK... You can imagine how suprised I was to see this kind of driving. Guy in the car didn't care and just walked away... :thumbsdown:
Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

So what's the final outcome? Did you find the driver and say anything to him or her? I know how you feel I got hit worst than this at my job parking lot and no body owned up to it. It cost me $1350 to fix out of my pocket. $800 for a new fender and $550 for the rental. It took 11 days to fix the car..
Old 10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Sorry to see the damage. What is it with these people? You really do have to be an asshole of the highest order to treat other people's property with such disrespect.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM
jcp
Members

My Ride: 530i M Sport Touring LCI. Platinum Gray. Beige Dakota leather. Brushed Aluminium trim. Media package. Side blinds. Auto dim mirrors. Comfort seats. Storage compartment pack. Extended interior light package. HUD. DVD prep in rear. IPOD interface.

Don't let him get away with it. Go after his insurance. Why should you suffer for his uncaring attitiude?

Apart from anything alse, it might teach him to be more careful in future.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Contributors

As much as it sucks, having a space that size, and a car that size, it's just going to keep happening