Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Congrats Pats! Perfect Regular Season! 16-0

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least the Giants made a good showing and made the Pats earn it. Brady is pretty amazing and a class act, hard not to want this guy to win another ring.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by m630' post='512895
They still have three superbowls in 5 years... pretty impressive

It would be nice to see them win #4...
It Is impressive, but when they don't win the SuperBowl this season, they will not be remembered for the good things, everybody will remember the loss of the team that went 16-0 in regular season...
Old 01-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='513199' date='Jan 3 2008, 09:04 AM
when they don't win the SuperBowl this season
I think we just found out where your bets will be placed this year.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by bdkinnh' post='513223' date='Jan 3 2008, 10:35 AM
I think we just found out where your bets will be placed this year.
I really think Tampa is going to be the NFC champion...

Thats my only bet this weekend...

San Diego is +9.5 over Tenn! That's crazy... Too tough to call that one (Would take SD if I had to take something)

TB +3 over the Giants = Like TB

Jacksonville +1 over Pitt in PITT? Another toughy... Fast Willie could get to those holes alot faster than Davenport (I take Jacksonville by a field goal)

Seattle +3 vs. Washington - Collins has been impressive, and Portis is running like a truck... They are also playing for Sean Taylor's memory... However, I think they are playing a little over their head's right now - Seattle is playing solid... Receivers are all healthy again and Hasselbeck has been decent. (I say Washington -3 wins this week and loses next week to Dallas)

Those are the winning picks of the week...
If you feel confident lay down some cash and cover a few more of those steep monthly statements from BMW financing!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Yeah but what about that Beckham guy ... the type of football where you kick the ball, with your foot, hence the name foot ball ...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by m630' post='512895' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:35 PM
they are a very good team, no doubt, as they've done what was thought impossible..but regardless of the regular season, they now do fall into the Must Win category and anything but a Super Bowl championship would have to be viewed as a defeated season...The pressure really builds for them now as every story will be as to how they must win to be able to defend the regular season record. It would have probably been better for them to lose to the Giants and get the loss out of the way from a media point of view and then go on a tear in the playoffs..but it should be lots of fun over the next 6 weeks as we head towards the big game, the Giants have layed the blue print on how to defeat them, they just need to get to the big show now!!!
Just as a side note, it was the Philadelphia Eagles that layed out the blue print on how to defeat the patriots...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='513275' date='Jan 3 2008, 12:41 PM
Just as a side note, it was the Philadelphia Eagles that layed out the blue print on how to defeat the patriots...
agreed, and thankfully our (former eagles) Defensive coordinator stuck by the plan, it nearly worked!!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='513275' date='Jan 3 2008, 12:41 PM
The Eagles played a hell of a game... As does everyone who faces the Pats.

However, how could they lay a "blueprint" to beat the Pats when it failed? Any team can win/lose on any given Sunday (Or, on occasion, Thursday and Saturday)

I really could care less about going undeafeated in the regular season. I want another ring. Every team has it's weakness and strengths... The coaches and the players have a job to exploit them and adjust. That's what makes Brady soooo good. He reads defenses better than any QB in the game other than Payton Manning.(Kings of the Audibles)

And Bellichek probably adjusts better than any other coach. It really has become a Science...

I have been a Pat's season ticket holder for 17 years and have seen them play-out so many losing seasons it would make you sick... Aside from the 85' debaccle the team was rarely above .500... We payed our dues and it really is great seeing them succeed.
This is the first year I have actually seen the Pats get props for their team. Even the previous 3 superbowls they were never given their due during the regular season... If you aren't a Pat's fan I bet you couldn't name more than 1 starting receiver on the team any of those years. Those were the really special teams... Oh my god they won a Superbowl with Antoine Smith running the ball ROFL...
Old 01-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by bdkinnh' post='513223
The Pats play 60 minutes. All on the same level.
They are just perfect in doing so.

Also, the players just execute what they are told to do, and the coaches are doing a hell of a job.

I am no Patriots fan, but I really, really like what they are doing, and espacially: how!
It's very impressive.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='513288' date='Jan 3 2008, 01:09 PM

However, how could they lay a "blueprint" to beat the Pats when it failed? Any team can win/lose on any given Sunday (Or, on occasion, Thursday and Saturday)

I really could care less about going undeafeated in the regular season. I want another ring. Every team has it's weakness and strengths... The coaches and the players have a job to exploit them and adjust. That's what makes Brady soooo good. He reads defenses better than any QB in the game other than Payton Manning.(Kings of the Audibles)

And Bellichek probably adjusts better than any other coach. It really has become a Science...

I have been a Pat's season ticket holder for 17 years and have seen them play-out so many losing seasons it would make you sick... Aside from the 85' debaccle the team was rarely above .500... We payed our dues and it really is great seeing them succeed.
This is the first year I have actually seen the Pats get props for their team. Even the previous 3 superbowls they were never given their due during the regular season... If you aren't a Pat's fan I bet you couldn't name more than 1 starting receiver on the team any of those years. Those were the really special teams... Oh my god they won a Superbowl with Antoine Smith running the ball ROFL...
The reason were saying that is because the Eagles and Giants came the closest in beating the Patriots the entire season. So you look at what those two teams did right or wrong and imporve, to me thats a blueprint....If only we didnt miss that field goal...

Quick Reply: Congrats Pats! Perfect Regular Season! 16-0