Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Congrats Pats! Perfect Regular Season! 16-0

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Congrats to the Patriots!

They have done an excellent job this season!

The last game was so exciting to watch.

I am not a Patriots fan, but I have to admitt, this is the best in american Football I have seen for a very long time, and it reminds me on those good old days when there were Players like Montana and Rice.

This is the very best in american Football right now, and it was great watching those records beeing broken.

A great team, a great organisation. Now I just hope they win it all and get what they truly deserve, another SuperBowl victory to make this a real perfect season.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Contributors

It was a great game to watch, until the Giants gave away the game ofcourse!!! I actually think it showed how they can be beaten, so lets hope we have a rematch in 5 weeks and see who wins the second time around!!! I do agree it was alot of fun and definitely a throw back game feel and playoff atmosphere, and best of all, the Giants showed up to play........Go BIG BLUE!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='511873' date='Dec 30 2007, 10:38 AM
Congrats to the Patriots!

They have done an excellent job this season!

The last game was so exciting to watch.

I am not a Patriots fan, but I have to admitt, this is the best in american Football I have seen for a very long time, and it reminds me on those good old days when there were Players like Montana and Rice.

This is the very best in american Football right now, and it was great watching those records beeing broken.

A great team, a great organisation. Now I just hope they win it all and get what they truly deserve, another SuperBowl victory to make this a real perfect season.

This was truly an unbelivable season...

It really is a shame all the critics and cynical people who want to see this team fail... This team is full of talent and class... I think it's great the statement they have made because of all this "spygate" nonsense... Put up or shut-up

I am looking forward to the playoffs... Both NFC and AFC...

There are going to be some really good games... Careful of Tampa Bay... They have flown under the radar most of this year and are playing very well...
Plus Garcia has beaten the Giants 3 different times during the playoffs ON 3 DIFFERENT TEAMS...

The AFC is also wide open... San Diego is peaking.... Indy is getting healthy.... Jacksonville is running the ball fantastic... The Steelers..... Ummm the Steelers... Nah they have no shot... Well they could in theroy beat Tennessee...
Old 01-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='512816' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:54 PM
It really is a shame all the critics and cynical people who want to see this team fail
Bryant Gumbel didn't really hide his dislike for the Patriots all that well. When the Pats won I thought he was going to throw his headphones on the floor.

It's funny to see all the people saying "Well, if they don't win the Superbowl then their 16-0 is meaningless". Really? So all the other teams wouldn't want an undefeated season?

To be fair, though, I still don't know how we beat Baltimore.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by bdkinnh' post='512877' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:05 PM
Bryant Gumbel didn't really hide his dislike for the Patriots all that well. When the Pats won I thought he was going to throw his headphones on the floor.

It's funny to see all the people saying "Well, if they don't win the Superbowl then their 16-0 is meaningless". Really? So all the other teams wouldn't want an undefeated season?

To be fair, though, I still don't know how we beat Baltimore.
Collinsworth wasn't any better...

Joe Buck just hates all New England/ Teams... Oh do I hate that man

At least Madden, Sallsbury and Chris Burman love our boys
Old 01-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Contributors

they are a very good team, no doubt, as they've done what was thought impossible..but regardless of the regular season, they now do fall into the Must Win category and anything but a Super Bowl championship would have to be viewed as a defeated season...The pressure really builds for them now as every story will be as to how they must win to be able to defend the regular season record. It would have probably been better for them to lose to the Giants and get the loss out of the way from a media point of view and then go on a tear in the playoffs..but it should be lots of fun over the next 6 weeks as we head towards the big game, the Giants have layed the blue print on how to defeat them, they just need to get to the big show now!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by bdkinnh' post='512877' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:05 PM
If they lose it is meaningless that they were 16-0, what is better than the 72 Dolphins were. Because they finish the season as losers.
To have the real undefeated season, a perfect season, they need to win the big one.

So far, it is an impressive undefeated regular season, but in the PO's there are allways the better matchups, even though they had a pretty tough season allready. They now play against the top teams, and have to win. If not... they'll allways be remembered as the team that didn't won the SuperBowl after a perfect regular season... And this will be a party joke for some time...

But I think they can handle the pressure...

We'll see...

My current guess is: Patriots vs. Packers.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='512975' date='Jan 2 2008, 06:54 PM
If they lose it is meaningless that they were 16-0, what is better than the 72 Dolphins were. Because they finish the season as losers.
To have the real undefeated season, a perfect season, they need to win the big one.

So far, it is an impressive undefeated regular season, but in the PO's there are allways the better matchups, even though they had a pretty tough season allready. They now play against the top teams, and have to win. If not... they'll allways be remembered as the team that didn't won the SuperBowl after a perfect regular season... And this will be a party joke for some time...

But I think they can handle the pressure...

We'll see...

My current guess is: Patriots vs. Packers.
They still have three superbowls in 5 years... pretty impressive

It would be nice to see them win #4...
Old 01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='512883' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:11 PM
Joe Buck just hates all New England/ Teams... Oh do I hate that man
+1 to that. I remember a Sox game where Ortiz hit a home run, and Buck went on for about five minutes on how Ortiz didn't start 'running' to first quickly enough, and how that shows his bad attitude. There was no doubt it was a home run... I think the ball landed in Medford.

He even brought it up during the next inning. What an ass.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' post='512895' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:35 PM
anything but a Super Bowl championship would have to be viewed as a defeated season.
Yeah, if they don't win the Super Bowl, Brady will probably be cut.

Quick Reply: Congrats Pats! Perfect Regular Season! 16-0