Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Circuit City is D.O.A.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

i use to work at a circuit city back in high school. The best buy down the street was nicer, but people would always come into circuit city because the staff was more knowledgable. Especially when it came to audio, cameras, and televisions.

CC was a lost hope ever since they failed with divix then did a restocking fee on everything. also it was nice to have checkouts in the area you're shopping...as long as they had someone standing there. i think just recently they started adding a checkout line at the front of the store.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Contributors

It really is a sad thing too.

Circuit might be able to restructure if they vendors would be able to find agreeable terms with them.

Everybody who hates BB, be prepared to hate them even more now. I worked for Panasonic for a bit as a DM and in one of the BB stores, the morning meeting consisted of them saying how when CC goes out, people will have to come to BB to find anything that isnt garbage.

This was their sales Manager backed up by the GM. I couldnt believe my ears when I heard some of this stuff.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

if their customer services would have been superb, this shouldn't have happened! i feel bad for those 30k people out of job!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by radzM550i' post='769886' date='Jan 16 2009, 04:13 PM
if their customer services would have been superb, this shouldn't have happened! i feel bad for those 30k people out of job!

Like I said you cant get people to care about really giving good service when you dont pay them much. Consumers want the cheapest prices so the vendors have to cut overhead anyway they can. The easiest and most dramatic way is to restrict pay levels.

I cant tell you how many times we gave great customer service, made it a very competitive deal and the customer walked so they didnt have to pay tax or got a little more of a discount.

Its very frustrating because even as our vendors know on here. Many sales are lost to the cheapest seller (Quad M-Detto) whose service sucks. If all those people had ordered from Eurorev or Trinity for their kits and paid alittle more for the quality service and personal relationships, we wouldnt have a group of people screaming for help over 100k lost to a guy who shouldnt have had our business to begin with.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Contributors

There goes another competitor ... too bad - the sales staff seemed on the ball in the store where I've been a customer.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

When I bought my 50" Samsung DLP a few years ago I paid a little extra to purchase from CC instead of Amazon because I wanted an extended warranty. I had less trust in a third party warranty from Amazon then a CC extended warranty. Came in handy too because I had to replace the entire engine and bulb this year. Took about 6 home visits from tech support to diagnose and solve the problem. Don't think I would have gotten this service from a third-party warranty, IMO. Sad to see CC go. Always preferred CC over BestBuy. My main interest was home audio and CC always seemed to have better brand quality than Best Buy. My 2 cents.