Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Carreer Networking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

Hey guys,

Not much to do today in the office and I was browsing through the site. I was thinking that we discuss so much about our cars that we love so much, I thought it would be a great opportunity to do some carreer networking among us.

Who knows, maybe one of us would end up either moving to a new loction, or just changing jobs, and instead of just helping each other out with our car problems, and sharing our valuable knowlege of them, why not do the same for our carrer.

So I was just wondering if you guy would want to start a thread, and let each other know what you do for a living. Hey maybe some of us can help each other out, either it be a mortgage, a loan, home improvments, auto sale, etc.....

What do you think?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

This topic has been somewhat addressed by member Macfly as well...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=55854&st=0

just an FYI
Old 06-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Great Idea!
I am a principal in a commercial real estate company located in Nassau, Long Island. We do tenant representaion, corporate leasing, corporate sales, investment sales, hotel development and asset management. Other than the hotels we specialize mostly in office, industrial and medical.
If you have an interest or need for what I do, PM me and I will send you my website and resume. I do most of my business on the golf course.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

<===Physical Therapist and Clinic Director for an outpatient orthopedic/sports rehab clinic...
Old 06-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

I am the chief analyst at Basex, a research firm/think tank. We study issues that impact larger organizations that are unique to the knowledge economy, such as the problem of Information Overload.

We've been getting a lot of press on our research recently (front page of the NY Times a week or so ago, Business Week, today the Sunday Telegraph - click here for recent press links).

This may sound a bit esoteric but problems such as Information Overload have a huge impact on our effectiveness at work and there is not that much out there in the form of guidance to help knowledge workers (that would be us) and managers (also us in many cases) take action - aside from the guidance and advisory reports we produce that is.

In the area of information overload, we are producing research and guidance that helps companies take steps to lower the impact and cost. To do the math, we already know that the average knowledge worker loses 28% of his day due to unnecessary interruptions and the recovery time to get back on track. But look at this recent NY Times graphic (based on our research) for how the day is spent and where we lose event more time.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

subscribed.
this is indeed a good thread.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

Indeed.

In fact, if anyone would like a complimentary subscription our weekly research newsletter, Basex:TechWatch, please click here.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by SMG353' post='611296' date='Jun 27 2008, 10:03 AM
Hey guys,

Not much to do today in the office and I was browsing through the site. I was thinking that we discuss so much about our cars that we love so much, I thought it would be a great opportunity to do some career networking among us.

Who knows, maybe one of us would end up either moving to a new loction, or just changing jobs, and instead of just helping each other out with our car problems, and sharing our valuable knowlege of them, why not do the same for our carrer.

So I was just wondering if you guy would want to start a thread, and let each other know what you do for a living. Hey maybe some of us can help each other out, either it be a mortgage, a loan, home improvments, auto sale, etc.....

What do you think?
Good thread for sure, besides we all driver BM's too!

Im a commercial real estate developer for a national restaurant chain based here in Denver. Basically I do entitlements for new projects that have been approved by the real estate committee. Feasibility studies, commercial permits and owner coordination with land developers and municipalities. I have been thinking of trying to turn this into a consulting career long term, but for now Ill just be happy with the free food!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

Hi, I'm the Assistant General Counsel of an international manufacturing company, damn nice to meet you.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Partner at a consulting firm, specializing in international tax and the deployment of technology to support international tax

Quick Reply: Carreer Networking Thread