Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Car washing is a waste

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: m54

Saturday was a perfect day to wash my car, cool and cloudy. I was excited having just gotten tints and my car was filthy and had penises drawn in the pollen thanks to my friends. So i went out and bought $20 worth of new cleaning supplies to try and ensure my car would look good and for a while hopefully. I was very pleased after about 45min of work and it looked good the next day too. however today, i came out to my car after practice and there was a HUGE bird shit/diarrhea on the drivers side past the passenger door . I felt devastated, I couldn't help but loudly voice my disgust in the parking lot, yet i feel like this has happened every time i wash my car, which got me thinking... Are birds attracted to clean cars or nice cars?? Do any of you have this problem? How long can you typically go after a wash before getting dumped on?
Im pissed. I feel like my efforts were wasted, like i couldve just hosed off my car and been in the same situation but 20 dollars richer. I know it could be a lot worse but FML, this one was the size of the fuel door flap!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
Saturday was a perfect day to wash my car, cool and cloudy. I was excited having just gotten tints and my car was filthy and had penises drawn in the pollen thanks to my friends. So i went out and bought $20 worth of new cleaning supplies to try and ensure my car would look good and for a while hopefully. I was very pleased after about 45min of work and it looked good the next day too. however today, i came out to my car after practice and there was a HUGE bird shit/diarrhea on the drivers side past the passenger door . I felt devastated, I couldn't help but loudly voice my disgust in the parking lot, yet i feel like this has happened every time i wash my car, which got me thinking... Are birds attracted to clean cars or nice cars?? Do any of you have this problem? How long can you typically go after a wash before getting dumped on?
Im pissed. I feel like my efforts were wasted, like i couldve just hosed off my car and been in the same situation but 20 dollars richer. I know it could be a lot worse but FML, this one was the size of the fuel door flap!
$8 worth of drive-thru car wash, once every 3 weeks
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Wash the bird crap off before it etches your paintwork.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:01 AM
ADD
Senior Members

Penises? Really? How old are they?

I think for most people, the level of car washing is inversely proprotional to how long you've had the car.

When I first got my current 535, I babied it, hand washed it only, only used a microfiber towel once and then washed it. That lasted for about a year and a half. Then I started going to the LaserWash. That lasted for about a year. Now I go to the new carwash in town that has spinning brushes and waving strips of cloth, so I can get the car really clean, albeit with swirl marks probably. I also get the car professionally detailed twice a year. Once in the spring, and once in the fall. Sometimes I skip the fall.

IMO, you are going to get swirl marks in the paint somehow, no matter how careful you are.
Maybe it's having an 18 month old, too. You're priorities change, and life's too short to be waxing my car right now.
When I'm an empty nester, or retired, maybe that will change back again.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
Are birds attracted to clean cars or nice cars??
Birds want to poo into water. Therefore any shining place seems to be water and is used... So, yes, they are!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep a bottle of waterless car wash spray bottle and microfiber towel for those situations where washing is not possible. And yes get it off ASAP if possible for els etching will occur. Use California duster every other day to keep the car shiny and dust free, but use the duster when car is cooled down and not in the direct sun.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman
Birds want to poo into water. Therefore any shining place seems to be water and is used... So, yes, they are!
wow, quite random but in this case very impressive piece of knowledge
how do the germans say: Mal wieder was neues gelernt!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

Originally Posted by Iceman
That explains why bald men get crapped on all the time!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

I like a good car washing
Attached Thumbnails Car washing is a waste-wash.jpg   Car washing is a waste-hose_it.jpg   Car washing is a waste-wash_it.jpg  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Alpine White 530i

well i think im wet

Quick Reply: Car washing is a waste