Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Car Bingo..no, really...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Corny I guess, but we always play on long trips. It's something to do when the conversation runs out. We usually make up things that fit the area of the country where we are driving. Some of our favorites:

Blue mailbox
Four wheeler (for driving in the south
Boat
Airplane
Bird on a wire
Flag
Porch swing
Satellite dish
Cell tower
Water tower
Church
School
4-way stop

and so on. We also usually add one crazy one, like..

Lion

Which, as it happens, turned up on my husband's side of the car when we were driving in Arkansas. I kid you not, we came around a corner and there...in a giant pen in front of this ordinary ranch style house...was a pet lion. I just don't know how he does it. The man has karma......

Anybody else have some good ones to add?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BMRMEUP' post='1000126' date='Sep 6 2009, 12:14 PM
Corny I guess, but we always play on long trips. It's something to do when the conversation runs out. We usually make up things that fit the area of the country where we are driving. Some of our favorites:

Blue mailbox
Boat
Airplane
Bird on a wire
Flag
Porch swing
Satellite dish
Cell tower
Water tower
Church
School
4-way stop

Lion

Which, as it happens, turned up on my husband's side of the car when we were driving in Arkansas. I kid you not, we came around a corner and there...in a giant pen in front of this ordinary ranch style house...was a pet lion. I just don't know how he does it. The man has karma......

Nice list, BMR. I don't know what this is called but it is a lot of fun and it goes like this: First person states a sentence and each person restates that sentence, exactly, but adds one item: "Tom saw a white horse jump over a fallen tree." Second person: "Tom saw a white horse jump over a fallen tree... and land in the creek." Etc.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMRMEUP' post='1000126' date='Sep 6 2009, 06:14 PM

Blue mailbox
Boat
Airplane
Bird on a wire
Flag
Porch swing
Satellite dish
Cell tower
Water tower
Church
School
4-way stop

Lion

Is the idea of the game that one person names a random thing (like a water tower or satellite dish) and the others (or the next person in the game) need to look out for one of those items? Or is it a recital thing where the next person has to recall the entire list and add something.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1000188' date='Sep 6 2009, 01:24 PM
Is the idea of the game that one person names a random thing (like a water tower or satellite dish) and the others (or the next person in the game) need to look out for one of those items? Or is it a recital thing where the next person has to recall the entire list and add something.
The one I was thinking of is just a recital thing as you described. But after reading your post I remembered your description a game of looking for a random thing... That was fun, too.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

There was actually a board for car bingo. It had built in pictures of items you covered with a colored window.
I've seen those recently at various places along the road.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Good ideas guys

In our bingo game, everyone has to check each item off the list, after spotting it on his side of the road. One of the passengers keeps track on a piece of paper.. First one to get all of them wins. We usually don't play this when I'm driving because I don't multi-task very well

Our other game (not as popular because you really have to think, and usually seems to be either too easy or too hard... ) is animal, vegetable, mineral. One person thinks of a thing...anything at all..could be a streetlight (that falls under the category of mineral, by the way), or a toaster knob, or a car... etc. The other person tries to guess what it is by asking questions that can largely be answered as yes or no...like "is it bigger than a breadbox"? Do we have one? Do you use it for work?
That one is more fun if you have several people who can guess.

Our last road game (when we're really gettting desperate for entertainment) is one where you have to find all the letters in the alphabet, in order, on the road signs on your side. Something of a challenge for the driver...but if you like a little driving excitement...
Old 09-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by BMRMEUP' post='1000219' date='Sep 6 2009, 01:08 PM
Good ideas guys

In our bingo game, everyone has to check each item off the list, after spotting it on his side of the road. One of the passengers keeps track on a piece of paper.. First one to get all of them wins. We usually don't play this when I'm driving because I don't multi-task very well

Our other game (not as popular because you really have to think, and usually seems to be either too easy or too hard... ) is animal, vegetable, mineral. One person thinks of a thing...anything at all..could be a streetlight (that falls under the category of mineral, by the way), or a toaster knob, or a car... etc. The other person tries to guess what it is by asking questions that can largely be answered as yes or no...like "is it bigger than a breadbox"? Do we have one? Do you use it for work?
That one is more fun if you have several people who can guess.

Our last road game (when we're really gettting desperate for entertainment) is one where you have to find all the letters in the alphabet, in order, on the road signs on your side. Something of a challenge for the driver...but if you like a little driving excitement...
Old 09-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

You would make a great Director of Entertainment...
Old 09-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1000251' date='Sep 6 2009, 02:40 PM
You would make a great Director of Entertainment...
For a nursing home, right?
I like mental games. May be a reason for that, come to think of it