Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Can you believe it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are a neglectful dad ... buy your kid one of his one and he won't have to play with yours
Attached Thumbnails Can you believe it?-bmw_toy.gif  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='821947' date='Mar 20 2009, 06:26 AM
You are a neglectful dad ... buy your kid one of his one and he won't have to play with yours
I wonder if Bruce makes cables for this bad boy. One good thing I notice on this is that it does not need the invisibulbs or euro stickers. Sa-weet. Comes pre-modded.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Members

In all likelihood, that CD would've done no damage at all, but it's better to be safe than sorry
Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

So far he has dropped his little bicycle on the side of the car leaving two small scratches on the paint. Everytime I pick him up from school his shoes does a good job of leaving the back of the seat dirty. Have to clean it almost every time we get back home. Note my interior is from the individual champagne leather. Never easy to remain clean.

However, everytime I see the smile on his face either either for being in the car or looking at the car from outside, I have no heart to tell him to stay back. He has full access. My son is a BMW car fanatic. No other car comes close. When I am cleaning the car I put him on the drivers seat and he can sit there and make believe he is driving. He is in paradise. Just look at the smile.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Can you believe it?-21_02_2009_04_34_20.jpg  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='822656' date='Mar 20 2009, 09:51 PM
So far he has dropped his little bicycle on the side of the car leaving two small scratches on the paint. Everytime I pick him up from school his shoes does a good job of leaving the back of the seat dirty. Have to clean it almost every time we get back home. Note my interior is from the individual champagne leather. Never easy to remain clean.

However, everytime I see the smile on his face either either for being in the car or looking at the car from outside, I have no heart to tell him to stay back. He has full access. My son is a BMW car fanatic. No other car comes close. When I am cleaning the car I put him on the drivers seat and he can sit there and make believe he is driving. He is in paradise. Just look at the smile.

cheers
Ok .. this requires additional steps

Ignore my suggestion to buy him his own BMW ... get to Lowes and buy some duct tape and zip ties ... you shouldn't need further instructions on proper application of restraint techniques.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

The 1st story reminds me of quite an evening. My '99 540i was about 2 years old and needed antifreeze. I figured out what to get, bought some and drove home. It was too hot so I waited until 9ish to add it. I popped the hood and opened the overflow bottle. I then opened the antifreeze standing over the front of the car. The cardboard liner in the cap fell straight into the overflow bottle! Remember I said it was low? The cardboard is floating about 1 ft deep into the bottle. The level was right at the lower hose return to the engine. The cardboard liner was 1 inch from floating into the hose and down into the engine!!!!! I grabed a coat hanger and tried to fish it out. No success but I could get it flipped up on the side of the bottle. I then grabbed tweezers but couldn't get them deep enough or the cardboard high enough to grab it. I go back to the coat hanger and hear a kerplunk. I had knocked the tweezers into the lower pan. Now I'm under the car, dropping the lower pan, reaching in and retrieving the tweezers. I fasten the lower pan backup and try a few more times to retrieve the cardboard liner with no success. I take a break, grab a beer and try to think what to do. I certainly can't drive the car anywhere. I then figure out the oh so simple solution.

I trickle the antifreeze into the bottle, slowly bringing it up to the full mark. Now I can reach in with the tweezers and grab the liner. I put the cap back on the bottle and go back in the house. Its 1am, I had just spent 4 hours adding antifreeze to the car.

That may have been the last time I ever self maintained a car.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='822798' date='Mar 21 2009, 12:10 AM
The 1st story reminds me of quite an evening. My '99 540i was about 2 years old and needed antifreeze. I figured out what to get, bought some and drove home. It was too hot so I waited until 9ish to add it. I popped the hood and opened the overflow bottle. I then opened the antifreeze standing over the front of the car. The cardboard liner in the cap fell straight into the overflow bottle! Remember I said it was low? The cardboard is floating about 1 ft deep into the bottle. The level was right at the lower hose return to the engine. The cardboard liner was 1 inch from floating into the hose and down into the engine!!!!! I grabed a coat hanger and tried to fish it out. No success but I could get it flipped up on the side of the bottle. I then grabbed tweezers but couldn't get them deep enough or the cardboard high enough to grab it. I go back to the coat hanger and hear a kerplunk. I had knocked the tweezers into the lower pan. Now I'm under the car, dropping the lower pan, reaching in and retrieving the tweezers. I fasten the lower pan backup and try a few more times to retrieve the cardboard liner with no success. I take a break, grab a beer and try to think what to do. I certainly can't drive the car anywhere. I then figure out the oh so simple solution.

I trickle the antifreeze into the bottle, slowly bringing it up to the full mark. Now I can reach in with the tweezers and grab the liner. I put the cap back on the bottle and go back in the house. Its 1am, I had just spent 4 hours adding antifreeze to the car.

FANTASTIC story man! I still feel your pain....and your pain was longer lived then mine....but they are each scarry in their own way! All that matters is we saved our beauties from the unknown...what the hell would of happened if that liner made it's way into the engine?????
Old 03-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='822798' date='Mar 21 2009, 12:10 AM

HAHA! Priceless. Sounds like a comedy skit for car guys.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='822798' date='Mar 21 2009, 01:10 AM

That's a great story about the dilemma DIYers can get into. Albeit you McGivered a solution, let me add one technique that has come in handy more than once.

For retrieving non-metallic objects trapped in small quarters, secure a small diameter rubber hose in the hose of a vacuum cleaner - tape it up to ensure good suction - and use it to retrieve small pieces of paper, plastic, or glass. I first used this when a halogen bulb broke and fell inside a headlamp housing . I fished the small hose through the bulb socket hole and sucked up the pieces completely.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

You know you can remove your bottom engine protector with 4 bolts in about 2 minutes right?
Everything that falls in there won't hit anything as it will fall out within the next mile.
(Also, it didn't fall into the engine, it fell under the hood, that's significantly different )

Where's the time things just fell thru and hit the floor under the car, instead of hitting some plastic "protector"...