Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Can the Raiders suck any more than they already do?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who was that member that said Tom Cable was a good coach???
Old 10-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1030744' date='Oct 12 2009, 04:51 PM
Who was that member that said Tom Cable was a good coach???
I did. Tom Cable has no choice but to let Fat boy play qb. If he benches fat boy he makes al davis look dumb, al davis looks dumb then Cable gets fired. Cable has 1/16 the talent the chargers have and still pushed them. Cable has been there for how many games and has no say in his draft picks. Anyone who knows anything about the raiders knows that Al Davis is the one drafting players. Cable cant help it if Al Davis drafts rtard wr's and cb's every year.

Any raider fan who was expecting to have a winning season is dumb. Rebuilding a team is a process, but the process cant begin until Al Davis dies. He continues to waste draft picks and trade away talent for nothing. (ie. Randy Moss for a 4th round pick to the pats. To put that move into perspective the jets recently gave up 2 players, a 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick for Braylon "stone hands" Edwards. Yet the raiders let randy go for a 4th round pick. nice call al)

He had that team fired up and playing hard against the shitty Chargers who have all the talent in the world but no coaching either. The raiders should of won the game but hey shit happens. Just like the chiefs should of beat the cowboys in kansas city this weekend.

When are you going to bring valid points into a football discussion?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

I guess it was tough for all bay area football fans yesterday. Your 2 teams lost by a combined score of 89-17.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by ENstig8or' post='1030772' date='Oct 12 2009, 03:28 PM
I guess it was tough for all bay area football fans yesterday. Your 2 teams lost by a combined score of 89-17.
Now that you've poured some salt onto our wounds, would you mind giving us some good hard kicks in the stomach while we're down? Much appreciated.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

No point in debating Raider football - we're all just 'arm-chair quarterbacks' anyway.

Just one question though, when does the 'rebuilding process' start/end - Raider fans have been saying that since 2003, it's ridiculous.

Just be friggin competitive, that's all us fans want.

Raiders suck - end of debate.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1030767' date='Oct 12 2009, 05:21 PM
I did. Tom Cable has no choice but to let Fat boy BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. If he benches fat boy BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH then Cable gets fired. Cable has 1/16 the talent the chargers have and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Cable has been there for how many games and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Anyone who knows anything about the raiders knows that Al Davis BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Cable cant help it if Al Davis drafts rtard wr's and cb's every year.

Any raider fan who was BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Rebuilding a team is a process, but BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. He continues to waste draft picks and trade away talent for nothing. (ie. Randy Moss for a 4th round pick to the pats. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH 2 players, a 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick for Braylon "stone hands" Edwards. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I'm so smart)

He had that team fired up and playing hard against the shitty Chargers BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. The raiders should of won the game BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Huh what?

Seriously, im not get into it with you anymore because you bring too many statistics/facts onto the table it's no fun... I mean, you bring casual sports talk to a whole new level to the point it where gets kinda "erksome" (no pun intended) like I feel like you're trying too hard to prove your point... I agree I think the Chargers suck right now and I also think the raiders suck too. Debate over. YOU WIN!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by olskooldj' post='1031131' date='Oct 13 2009, 01:33 AM
No point in debating Raider football - we're all just 'arm-chair quarterbacks' anyway.

Just one question though, when does the 'rebuilding process' start/end - Raider fans have been saying that since 2003, it's ridiculous.

Just be friggin competitive, that's all us fans want.

Raiders suck - end of debate.
amen.

* Lester Hayes hold the Raiders record for the most interceptions in one season with 13. He led all of pro football and added 5 more interceptions during the postseason. He returned the thefts for 273 yards and a 21.0 average. He also scored two touchdowns, one during the regular season and the other during the postseason.
* Place Kicker Jeff Jaeger scored 132 points in 1993 which is the most by any Raider in one season.
* On October 2, 1983 Jim Plunkett hit Cliff Branch for a 99 yard touchdown which is the longest pass in Raider history. The play is tied with several others for the longest pass in NFL history.
* Safety Jack Tatum returned a fumble 104 yards for a touchdown on September 24, 1972 against the Green Bay Packers. It is a Raider record and is tied for the longest fumble return in NFL history.
* Five quarterbacks have had 3,000 yard seasons: Ken Stabler, Daryle Lamonica, Rich Gannon, Jeff George and Jeff Hostetler.
* Seven wide receivers have had 1,000 yard seasons for the Raiders: Art Powell, Tim Brown, Todd Christansen, Cliff Branch, Fred Biletnikoff, Warren Wells and Mervyn Fernandez.

* The Raiders longest winning streak is 17 games during the 1976-1977 seasons.
* Wide Receiver Tim Brown caught 104 passes in 1997 which is the most by any Raider during the regular season. He also holds the Raiders All-Time marks in pass receptions, receiving yardage and receiving touchdowns.
* The Raiders have appeared in four Super Bowls: 1968, 1977, 1981 and 1984.
* Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders are the winningest team in pro football since 1963 with a .613 winning percentage. The Dallas Cowboys are second with .621.
* Marcus Allen is the Raiders all time leader in rushing yards.
* The Raiders have had many Heisman Trophy winners on their roster: Billy Cannon, Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, Tim Brown, Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard.
* Only three Raiders have thrown for 3,000+ yards in consecutive seasons: Ken Stabler, Rich Gannon and Daryle Lamonica.
* During the 2001 season, Rich Gannon became the first Raider since Lamonica (67-69) to throw for 3,000+ yards in three consecutive seasons.
* WR Tim Brown is the only man in Raider history to score on a run, a reception, a kickoff return and a punt return.

* Marcus Allen rushed for 1,759 yards in 1985 which is the most ever by a Raider in one season.
* C Jim Otto was the first draft pick in Raiders history. He went on to earn 12 All-Pro selections, played fourteen seasons and is the AFL's all time center.
* Daryle Lamonica guided the Raiders to a 37-4-1 record from 1967-1969 which included three straight appearances in the AFL championship game and one Super Bowl.
* Lamonica holds the Raiders single season record for touchdown passes, he threw for 34 in 1969.
* The Raiders have played in a AFC record 13 AFC/AFL Championship games. However they have only won four of those contests.
* Bo Jackson has the longest run in Raiders history, 93 yards against the Seattle Seahawks.
* Cliff Branch has the longest reception in Raider history, 99 yards against the Washington Redskins.
* Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott spent two seasons with the Raiders (91-92), he intercepted 9 passes in 32 games.
* Despite going 10-6 in 1993 the Raiders only averaged a meager 3.3 yards per rushing attempt.
* TE Dave Casper scored 5 touchdowns in 2 playoff games in 1977. He scored three against the Colts and two more against the Broncos in the AFC Championship Game.
* RB Napoleon McCallum tied Casper's team record, he scored three touchdowns against the Broncos and two more against the Buffalo Bills during the 1993 playoffs.
* On December 23, 1974 the Miami Dolphins played the Raiders in the greatest game ever played. Oakland won with a last second touchdown pass from Ken Stabler to Clarence Davis. The game ended Miami's hopes of a third straight World Championship and a fourth straight Super Bowl appearance.

In 1967 the Raiders set a team record with 67 sacks for 666 yards in a 14 game season.
* WR Cliff Branch caught 9 passes for 190 yards in the 1974 AFC Championship Game versus Pittsburgh.
* Marcus Allen is the leading rusher for Oakland/Los Angeles in their five Super Bowls. This despite participating in only one Super Bowl.
* The Raiders appeared in every AFC Championship game from 1973-1977. The Raiders won only won time against the Steelers (1976). The Steelers beat the Raiders twice, the Broncos won in 1977 and the Dolphins beat Oakland in 1973.
* QB Ken Stabler rushed for only four touchdowns in his entire Raider career. QB Jeff Hostetler rushed for five touchdowns in one season (93).
* The Raiders have played in only two AFC Championship games between 1984- 2000. However, the Raiders have been outscored 67-6 in those two games.
* Between 1997-2001 the Raiders have opened the season at Kansas City two times. The first in 1997 and Oakland will travel to Kansas City at the start of the 2001 season.

* During the 2000 season QB Rich Gannon achieved the third highest rating ever posted by a Raider quarterback in a single season. (92.4) Ken Stabler holds the top two slots with a 103.4 rating in 1976 and a 94.9 rating in 1974.
* Tom Flores not only won two Super Bowls as the Raider Head coach but he was the first starting quarterback in Oakland Raider history.
* RB Clem Daniels achieved the first 1,000 yard season ever posted by a Raider runner. In 1963 he rushed for 1099 yards.
* RB Mark van Eeghen holds the Raider record for the most rushing attempts in the post season with 163 rushes between 1974-1981.
* In 1973 the Raiders defense allowed only 173 points in a 14 game season which is still a Raider record.

* Harvey Williams scored 4 Touchdowns against the Chargers on Nov. 16, 1997.
* Ray Guy's longest punt was 74 yards against the Broncos on Oct. 30, 1977 in Denver.
* The longest punt in Raider history is 77 yards by Wayne Crow on Oct. 29, 1961 against the New York Titans (Jets) at Candlestick Park.
* George Blanda scored 99 post season points for the Raiders which is a team record.
* During the 2000 season Quarterback Rich Gannon threw 19 of his 28 touchdown passes in home games.
* In 2000 the Raiders gained 5776 yards averaging 361 yards a game.
* The Raiders have played in five Super Bowls. In those games they are 1-1 when they are wearing their black (home) jerseys and 2-1 when they are wearing their white (away) jerseys.
* George Blanda played for the Oilers, Bears, Colts and Raiders throughout his 26 year career.

* The Raiders record is 100-89-1 in the preseason as of July 30, 2001.
* Black and Gold were the original colors of the Raiders in 1960. They wore them the first two years.
* WR Tim Brown has worn the same practice jersey since 1988. Brown considers his wornout jersey a good luck charm.
* In 2000, the Raiders knocked out or injured 10 different quarterbacks during the regular season including Brian Griese and Kordell Stewart.
* Between 1995-2002 the Oakland Raiders are 8-1 in their openers. Their only blemish was a 28-27 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in 1997.
* As of November 1, 2001 the Raiders lead the all time series with Denver 49-20-2. Before Denvers 11-1 run the Raiders were up 48-19-2!!!
* Tim Browns 88 yard punt return against Kansas City during the 2001 season was the longest of his stellar career.
* Rich Gannon completed a Raider best 21 straight completions on 11/11/02 versus the Broncos. This is a NFL record for a single game and a Raider record.
* Rich Gannon set a Raider single game record for attempts (64) and completions (43) against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 15, 2002. Todd Marinovich held the original record to attempts with his 59 against Cleveland in 1992.
* During the first three games of the 2002 season the Oakland Raiders scored 113 points which became the second highest in team history. In 1968 the Raiders scored 119 points after three games.
* Safety Rod Woodson and WR Jerry Rice had two milestones while they wore Raider uniforms. Woodson set the record for the most interception return yards and Jerry Rice broke Walter Paytons total yards from scrimmage record. Both occurred against the Tennessee Titans on September 29, 2002.
* WR Jerry Rice became the first Wide Receiver to play in a NFL game at 40 years old on October 13, 2002.
* In NFL history, as of November 23, 2002, Rich Gannon threw for more yards in a 10 game span than any other QB in NFL history.
* Three Raiders have been named NFL MVP since its creation in 1971. Ken Stabler (1974), Marcus Allen (1985) and Rich Gannon (2002).
* As of 02/01/03 the Raiders who were named league MVP did not fair well in the postseason and none of them led the Raiders to the World Championship.

YEAH! WHAT NOW BISHES! LOL
Old 10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1030767' date='Oct 12 2009, 03:21 PM
I did. Tom Cable has no choice but to let Fat boy play qb. If he benches fat boy he makes al davis look dumb, al davis looks dumb then Cable gets fired. Cable has 1/16 the talent the chargers have and still pushed them. Cable has been there for how many games and has no say in his draft picks. Anyone who knows anything about the raiders knows that Al Davis is the one drafting players. Cable cant help it if Al Davis drafts rtard wr's and cb's every year.

Any raider fan who was expecting to have a winning season is dumb. Rebuilding a team is a process, but the process cant begin until Al Davis dies. He continues to waste draft picks and trade away talent for nothing. (ie. Randy Moss for a 4th round pick to the pats. To put that move into perspective the jets recently gave up 2 players, a 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick for Braylon "stone hands" Edwards. Yet the raiders let randy go for a 4th round pick. nice call al)

He had that team fired up and playing hard against the shitty Chargers who have all the talent in the world but no coaching either. The raiders should of won the game but hey shit happens. Just like the chiefs should of beat the cowboys in kansas city this weekend.

Oh snAp AWG
Old 10-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Jeezus SFe60 talk about bringing stats into it ^ mother of gawd
Old 10-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by olskooldj' post='1031131
Huh what?

Seriously, im not get into it with you anymore because you bring too many statistics/facts onto the table it's no fun... I mean, you bring casual sports talk to a whole new level to the point it where gets kinda "erksome" (no pun intended) like I feel like you're trying too hard to prove your point... I agree I think the Chargers suck right now and I also think the raiders suck too. Debate over. YOU WIN!
Its not about winning or losing because like someone else said we sit at home and are the smartest people in the world. Everything we talk about is opinion. I just back my opinions up rather than posting something with nothing to back it.

Quick Reply: Can the Raiders suck any more than they already do?!?!