Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Bust for Verizon Iphone 4 launch

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
I'd also guess that most VZW subscribers are professionals who don't have the time to wait in line for a product.
Actually, I think the whole jump ship thing is blown out of proportion. I could write a short essay on this, but I am not paid to be an analyst. Anyway, my personal experiences has been that more businesses and companies are on AT&T than Verizon.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

ITT= uber cell phone nerds

Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Reportedly 2 million phones have been shifted already. It's also extremely cold across most of the country, and it's not a "new" product. More to the point, Verizon say it has been their most successful launch to date. Either way, the launch certainly wasn't a "bust", and there's no story here.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Awesome choices we have: one network that can make calls, but everything else sucks. One network, that has good features (like multi-tasking), but calls drop ALL the time. Or, hack the thing, lose the warranty and take a chance with some third crappy network for cheapest plans, but least features and worst call quality. Awesome
Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames
Reportedly 2 million phones have been shifted already. It's also extremely cold across most of the country, and it's not a "new" product. More to the point, Verizon say it has been their most successful launch to date. Either way, the launch certainly wasn't a "bust", and there's no story here.
they havent reported any hard numbers for the pre orders and the point of sale orders have been slim if at all, its not a new product by any means but as far as what the retail locations where expecting and preparing for, it was certainly a bust
Old 02-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Contributors

mmm.... You guys still on Iphones and BB?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
that's way too many gadgets IMO...you'll need a utility belt for all that....did you dump your BB? quitter

Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Contributors

For any of you already on Verizon, have you noticed an immediate drop in network service?

My sister was just complaining tonight about having a lot of dropped calls for the first time in the 5 years she's been with Verizon. I wonder if the launch of the iPhone 4 has any bearing on this kind of network performance. Any thoughts?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
For any of you already on Verizon, have you noticed an immediate drop in network service?

My sister was just complaining tonight about having a lot of dropped calls for the first time in the 5 years she's been with Verizon. I wonder if the launch of the iPhone 4 has any bearing on this kind of network performance. Any thoughts?
haven't had any issues...but the effect on their network was one thing I was curious about with the iphone4 and a possible influx of subscribers...I do know about 2 weeks ago I was having some BIS issues with my BB..but that was due to network upgrades/work being done and not iphone4 AFAIK...
Old 02-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

I want to jump ship as well since my phone won't call out 75% of the time on att&t and my vz phone will call right out...Only reason I'm holding out is to see whats coming out in june...The Iphone is nearly a year old and dated...As some have said, why lock into a contract right away and be stuck with the phone...Also a lot of people locked into contracts with at&t and I don't see why anybody would pay the ealry termination fee to jump back into the exact same phone on a different network...If apple doesn't release a 4g iphone in june, then I'm buying something else!

Quick Reply: Bust for Verizon Iphone 4 launch