Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Bust for Verizon Iphone 4 launch

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So couldnt happen but notice that there were no lines for vzw across the country today for iphones

article

Verizon iPhone 4 launch a bust at Apple stores
Published February 10, 2011

Verizon officially launched the Apple iPhone 4 today, and as with any new iPhone launch Apple stores braced for a flood of customers. The problem? Few showed up. As you can see above, two Apple stores were prepared for thousands of campers, but as the malls closed there were no customers in line. Even at Apple?s landmark Manhattan glass cube store, below, only a few customers had gathered to wait for the Verizon iPhone 4?s release.

Demand was higher at Verizon?s retails stores, however, as a few prospective iPhone 4 owners across the country started camping out last night. There were several reports of modest lines at Verizon stores, although none of the lines came close to the lines that formed for the launch of the AT&T iPhone 4.

This is not surprising, of course. Verizon already had a successful presale launch of the iPhone 4 in which the company recorded its most successful sales day in history. Additionally, millions of AT&T iPhone 4s have already been sold in the US, and many Verizon customers who couldn?t wait for the device have already jumped ship to AT&T.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

like the article said, most seemed to pre-order (online)...so no need to wait in line...there were a few vzw stores out here with lines, but nothing like when the iPhone4 was released, correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm still waiting to see what RIM is going to put out...world mobile conference starts monday in Barcelona...
Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I'd also guess that most VZW subscribers are professionals who don't have the time to wait in line for a product.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Contributors

well i also know that when the iphones were being released phones like the driod eris, bb storm was the competition and lets face it they really werent up to par

newer droid phones really run circles around the iphone in many ways so I know people have better options for their money so iphone lust has kinda died down

i have a samsung fascinate and even though it runs on 2.1 its still fast as balls in many ways
Old 02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

and most people in the "know" are aware that a new iphone is to be released mid year and rumored to have both a gsm and cdma version...also, when getting the vzw iphone4, it's a 2 yr contract, no 12 month option, that's a long time to have an "old" phone...
Old 02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Contributors

true it is pretty old technology and when verizon launching their lte network it seems that most of their newer smartphones are getting canned here soon
Old 02-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Contributors

coupled with the fact that the VZW LTE HTC Thunderbolt will be released on 2/24 http://www.bgr.com/2011/02/10/htc-th...february-24th/. There are speculations that the iPhone5 may be an LTE device. We'll see...

It has been recommended to me, to get VZW's LTE phones, wait for the iPad 2 (wifi version), and use the mobile hotspot of the LTE phone to surf the web on the iPad 2.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by theonlychoman
coupled with the fact that the VZW LTE HTC Thunderbolt will be released on 2/24 http://www.bgr.com/2...-february-24th/. There are speculations that the iPhone5 may be an LTE device. We'll see...

It has been recommended to me, to get VZW's LTE phones, wait for the iPad 2 (wifi version), and use the mobile hotspot of the LTE phone to surf the web on the iPad 2.
that's way too many gadgets IMO...you'll need a utility belt for all that....did you dump your BB? quitter
Old 02-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
that's way too many gadgets IMO...you'll need a utility belt for all that....did you dump your BB? quitter
yeah...went Droid Pro...hated the browser on my Bold...waiting for the Droid Bionic to come out in June.

I have to assume that you're going to get the BB Monza/Monaco???

Congrats on the new car BTW...
Old 02-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by theonlychoman
yeah...went Droid Pro...hated the browser on my Bold...waiting for the Droid Bionic to come out in June.

I have to assume that you're going to get the BB Monza/Monaco???

Congrats on the new car BTW...
don't have the new car just yet...and yesm going to wait to see what the monaco and next gen storm look like...q3 is the rumored date, so about x-mas sounds right

Quick Reply: Bust for Verizon Iphone 4 launch