Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BP

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

I can understand the anger and frustration being directed at BP right now. Its a natural response to a terrible situation.

However, typically for this forum, there are some cool heads here. Cooler than the fanny sitting in the Whitehouse who should refrain from personalising the whole issue while it is still being grappled with, and interfering with BP's dividend policy.

The rig was designed, built and operated by US companies, and leased (65%) by BP. BP deserve a little credit for not making anything of this fact. They have said, publicly (I saw it myself) that they will compensate everyone affected. They are even paying out some likely bogus claims as the first priority is to ensure the innocent don't suffer even more. And yes, they have the resources to pay this compensation.

I can understand 100% the outpourings from US citizens, but it makes my blood boil to listen to that twat Obama "looking for an ass to kick" - is he double jointed?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Again Greg, you ignorantly twist what is said to fit your feeble arguments. He didn't BLAME Bush, he simply asked if the "expert" had left with the Bush administration. Get over yourself and realize what's going on in the Gulf is terrible, and BP is to blame, they should clean it up. I don;t think they can ever fully compensate the families and businesses lost to their negligence.
As for the government? They are not equipped to deal with this sort of thing at all. There are no "well-capping" experts in the government employ (regardless of who's administration it is) - they make far more money working for oil companies than the government can ever pay them. This is a different situation than say Katrina, where the government WAS equipped and prepared for that type of disaster, yet still took their sweet time going to help.
Absolutely amazing. Your liberal bias has blinded you yet again. Despite your reading my post and despite your QUOTING my post you have mis-quoted me. I didn't say "he blamed Bush". Your hatred and left liberal bias spills over ...Just amazing.
Thanks for the laugh.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by GregBrand
Brilliant. Let's all blame Bush for this oil accident. Setting up the blame should be driven by emotion and mindless rhetoric and shouldn't consider facts such as it was the OBAMA Administration who granted BP it's extraordinary exemption from stringent safety requirements that would have avoided this leak.

"The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on April 6, 2009 -- and BP's lobbying efforts just 11 days before the explosion to expand those exemptions..."

Who's interested in facts? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050404118.html
No - you SUGGESTED that blame was being pointed at the president. PJ's interpretation of my post that you quoted was spot-on.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Lancaster
I can understand the anger and frustration being directed at BP right now. Its a natural response to a terrible situation.

However, typically for this forum, there are some cool heads here. Cooler than the fanny sitting in the Whitehouse who should refrain from personalising the whole issue while it is still being grappled with, and interfering with BP's dividend policy.

The rig was designed, built and operated by US companies, and leased (65%) by BP. BP deserve a little credit for not making anything of this fact. They have said, publicly (I saw it myself) that they will compensate everyone affected. They are even paying out some likely bogus claims as the first priority is to ensure the innocent don't suffer even more. And yes, they have the resources to pay this compensation.

I can understand 100% the outpourings from US citizens, but it makes my blood boil to listen to that twat Obama "looking for an ass to kick" - is he double jointed?

You sir are full of yourself.

Pompous and cavalier comments like that are part of the reason why BP is drawing so much heat in the first place! And I thought it was just Heyward that didn't know how to mince words.

BTW - move the oil spill into YOUR country's back yard and watch how much ass your PM will be looking to kick.

And for the record - I wasn't the one who started warping this thread into a political blame game. Keep the politics out of this and call it what it really is: AN ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER THAT BP IS ULTIMATELY AND COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE FOR
Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Lancaster

I'd love to hear you explain, please, how a huge oil company has an accident, lobbies for many years for relaxed regulation, takes it's sweet ass time even trying to clean up their mess, still can't get it done 2 months later, is slow to pay those who have suffered because of their negligence. Explain how that is the fault of a president from Chicago - with no oil industry experience. Amazing how stupid people are.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:28 AM
Contributors

I just sent him a lovely 1 liner email.

P.S. - I agree on that comment about Obummer. He is a fucking joke of a president.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
I just sent him a lovely 1 liner email.

P.S. - I agree on that comment about Obummer. He is a fucking joke of a president.
Nope, the joke of a president was the previous one.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Contributors

f this oil spill. it seems now the oil has invaded one of my fishing spots in laffitte, and
is coming ashore in destin where i go on vaca several times a year. i dont care who to blame
anymore, lets just fix it and clean it up asap.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Nope, the joke of a president was the previous one.
There you go again. You just can't help it. Take every opportunity to let your far left liberal bias surface and "...let's just blame Bush." Brilliant!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GregBrand
There you go again. You just can't help it. Take every opportunity to let your far left liberal bias surface and "...let's just blame Bush." Brilliant!
Look you ignorant boob, I didn't blame Bush for anything here - I stated it flat out, he's an idiot, president or not the man was a doofus, a moron, a maroon, a dolt, an imbecile, a shithead, his IQ was lower than his years in office. Not being liberal OR conservative - if he was a Democrat he'd still be an idiot.

Now can we take this thread back to where it belongs? A little empathy for our Gulf Coast friends here, please.