Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BP

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pukka
And just who exactly is the "Deep Sea Oil Well Leak Stopper" expert within federal government??? Did he leave with the Bush administration???
Brilliant. Let's all blame Bush for this oil accident. Setting up the blame should be driven by emotion and mindless rhetoric and shouldn't consider facts such as it was the OBAMA Administration who granted BP it's extraordinary exemption from stringent safety requirements that would have avoided this leak.

"The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on April 6, 2009 -- and BP's lobbying efforts just 11 days before the explosion to expand those exemptions..."

Who's interested in facts? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050404118.html
Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Contributors

ITS BP'S FAULT!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GregBrand
Brilliant. Let's all blame Bush for this oil accident. Setting up the blame should be driven by emotion and mindless rhetoric and shouldn't consider facts such as it was the OBAMA Administration who granted BP it's extraordinary exemption from stringent safety requirements that would have avoided this leak.

"The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on April 6, 2009 -- and BP's lobbying efforts just 11 days before the explosion to expand those exemptions..."

Who's interested in facts? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050404118.html

Again Greg, you ignorantly twist what is said to fit your feeble arguments. He didn't BLAME Bush, he simply asked if the "expert" had left with the Bush administration. Get over yourself and realize what's going on in the Gulf is terrible, and BP is to blame, they should clean it up. I don;t think they can ever fully compensate the families and businesses lost to their negligence.
As for the government? They are not equipped to deal with this sort of thing at all. There are no "well-capping" experts in the government employ (regardless of who's administration it is) - they make far more money working for oil companies than the government can ever pay them. This is a different situation than say Katrina, where the government WAS equipped and prepared for that type of disaster, yet still took their sweet time going to help.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Contributors

i hate you bp. i really really hate you. :thumbsdown:

on a side note: my wife managed to get sam worthington to sign an "adult novilty item" last
night. sat in front of my house, got housed, and annoyed the people filming the movie across
the street. good night, hard morning.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nola530
i hate you bp. i really really hate you. :thumbsdown:

on a side note: my wife managed to get sam worthington to sign an "adult novilty item" last
night. sat in front of my house, got housed, and annoyed the people filming the movie across
the street. good night, hard morning.

Wish you guys in the Big Easy the best, can't wait ti get another chance to go there and get some of that Cajun food - YUM!!!!
(we will not discuss Rue Bourbon because what happens there stays there, but thank God for Cafe Du Mond in the morning)
Old 06-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Wish you guys in the Big Easy the best, can't wait ti get another chance to go there and get some of that Cajun food - YUM!!!!
(we will not discuss Rue Bourbon because what happens there stays there, but thank God for Cafe Du Mond in the morning)
i need some cafe du monde right now. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm doooonutsssss....thanks for the support!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Contributors

i need some cafe du monde right now. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm doooonutsssss....thanks for the support!
It's sad, it's a great city and a great place to be, and what NO has been through the last 6 years has been amazingly tragic. Good luck
Old 06-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
It's sad, it's a great city and a great place to be, and what NO has been through the last 6 years has been amazingly tragic. Good luck
ya, its kind of a downer, but i love nola. couldnt live anywhere else. even with all thats
happend. its just such a unique city. ive traveled all over and nothing comes close. other
cities are great and have their own flavor, but for me, i love nola. the only hard part is
driving on the streets, they are sooooo bad. pot holes that you could lose your car in. I wonder
if i could put a lift kit on the 5?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Contributors

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg says the world should not rush to judge BP over its huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Richard Drew / The Associated PressNew York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
The billionaire mayor is a former CEO and is known for defending private businesses dealing with public relations problems.

Bloomberg said Friday on his weekly radio show that the head of BP PLC "didn't exactly go down there and blow up the well."

He added that everyone might want to wait to assign blame because BP's expertise is needed to fix the problem.

Scientists say the spill could now be in the realm of 42 million to more than 100 million gallons of oil.

It began after a BP rig exploded in the Gulf in April and killed 11 workers.

i know there are lots of new yorkers here, so maybe one of yall can explain why your mayor
would say this. What would his responce be if the oil were around nyc?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Contributors

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg says the world should not rush to judge BP over its huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Richard Drew / The Associated PressNew York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
The billionaire mayor is a former CEO and is known for defending private businesses dealing with public relations problems.

Bloomberg said Friday on his weekly radio show that the head of BP PLC "didn't exactly go down there and blow up the well."

He added that everyone might want to wait to assign blame because BP's expertise is needed to fix the problem.

Scientists say the spill could now be in the realm of 42 million to more than 100 million gallons of oil.

It began after a BP rig exploded in the Gulf in April and killed 11 workers.

i know there are lots of new yorkers here, so maybe one of yall can explain why your mayor
would say this. What would his responce be if the oil were around nyc?
Having met him personally, quite a few times, I was wholly unimpressed with Bloomberg and his insistence on defending big business. Take what he says with a salt lick, not even a grain.