Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BP

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Thx Andre good info I've been out of the loop
Old 06-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

omg that makes me want to cry!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

wow that is really sad
Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550iReno, NV
Model Year: 2008

... and just imagine the wonderful comments that would be out there, and here, if Bush was the president. But since Mr. Hope and Change is in office, not one fricken major news network is commenting on his handling of this major cluster f**k.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by tjleeland
... and just imagine the wonderful comments that would be out there, and here, if Bush was the president. But since Mr. Hope and Change is in office, not one fricken major news network is commenting on his handling of this major cluster f**k.
+10000
Old 06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

These motherfuckers...
Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

BP-27863_1294516250201_1449151576_30698415_1030870_n.jpg
Old 06-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

This is terrible disaster. BP has accepted responsibility and they say they will cover all damages and other perils. We shall see about that.

But boycotts do not work. In this case a boycott will hurt many folks that have had nothing to do with this accident. This boycott is nothing more than a stupid assed way to vent our anger.

Speaking of anger, I would have hoped that Obama would have looked for and expressed how the feds could help rather than act like a child and shout his anger.

His childish behavior was like spanking a one year old for falling out of his high chair.

Mr. President we expect for your help, not your damn pandering!

sixcard
Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by sixcard
This is terrible disaster. BP has accepted responsibility and they say they will cover all damages and other perils. We shall see about that.

But boycotts do not work. In this case a boycott will hurt many folks that have had nothing to do with this accident. This boycott is nothing more than a stupid assed way to vent our anger.....

My thought exactly. Like I mentioned earlier, Oil is a commodity and is being traded on the open market. You're most likely pumping BP oil into your car without knowing from other gas stations, like Exxon, Shell or Sunoco, etc.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by sixcard

But boycotts do not work. In this case a boycott will hurt many folks that have had nothing to do with this accident. This boycott is nothing more than a stupid assed way to vent our anger.

Speaking of anger, I would have hoped that Obama would have looked for and expressed how the feds could help rather than act like a child and shout his anger.

His childish behavior was like spanking a one year old for falling out of his high chair.

Mr. President we expect for your help, not your damn pandering!

sixcard
These days its all about demagogy, my pal...

Originally Posted by theXman
My thought exactly. Like I mentioned earlier, Oil is a commodity and is being traded on the open market. You're most likely pumping BP oil into your car without knowing from other gas stations, like Exxon, Shell or Sunoco, etc.
Good point. Still, I stopped using BP back when I had my first Audi with twin turbos - because I noticed that the car would sputter very gently each time I pumped BP into it. Since then its Shell, Exxon or Sunoco for any of my rides. Which is not to say that either one of those companies could have handled such a disaster better, by the way. But it is pathetic that anyone - ANYONE!!! - would be allowed to drill without a plan for such contingencies. How does this same government mandate that every restaurant have a first aid kit and display instructions for helping a choking victim, but when it comes to spilling an insane amount of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, they are allowed to slide... BULLSHIT! Everyone is to blame - us, the government we allowed to be, the shit has been going on for decades, if not centuries - yet every time we the people get fucked royally and irreversibly, somehow we find the "strength to turn the other cheek"...