Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BMW Sets Quebec Speed-Trap Record (Montreal-X6)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

$2598, 42 points, and a hell of a night.

You guys probably don't know much French, so you can just type "montreal bmw valet" or something similar in Google News. http://www.google.ca/search?q=montreal+bmw+valet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=montreal+bmw+valet&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn&fp=fca0d09cd825c4e

Cliff notes: Hotel valet takes X6 for joyride, gets caught @ 240kmh in a 70kmh zone. It was 3am. (pic below)

Hotel was a Fairmont five-star.

Lesson: You know.

---------------------------

Des policiers de la SQ ont intercepté, la nuit dernière à Montréal, un valet d?hôtel roulant à la vitesse ahurissante de 240 km/h avec la voiture d?un client, un grand excès de vitesse qui lui vaut une amende de plus de 2500 $ et un record de 42 points d?inaptitude.

L?homme en question, un employé de l?hôtel Reine-Élizabeth selon nos informations, a été intercepté sur l?autoroute Ville-Marie est, non loin de la rue Atwater, par des patrouilleurs effectuant une opération radar dans une zone de 70 km/h.

Il était au volant d?une rutilante BMW appartenant à un client du chic hôtel montréalais, qu?il avait empruntée sans l?accord du propriétaire pour une petite virée nocturne haute en vitesse.

Résultat ? Une amende de 2598 $ et 42 points d?inaptitude. Il va sans dire que le valet a vu son permis de conduite être suspendu sur le champ.

Inaptitude record

« La loi sur les grands excès de vitesse nous permet de doubler l?amende et de doubler les points d?inaptitude », explique la sergente Geneviève Bruneau.

« 42 points d'inaptitude, c'est le nombre de points le plus élevé que nous avons vu pour une seule contravention », affirme Gino Desrosiers, porte-parole de la SAAQ.

Il pourrait aussi s?agir du plus grand excès de vitesse des dernières années.

Suspension de six mois

Selon les dispositions de la loi, l?accumulation de 15 points d?inaptitude se traduit par une suspension du permis de conduire pour une période de 3 mois. Dans le cas présent, le valet voit son permis suspendu pour six mois. Il lui restera alors 3 points, à condition bien sûr qu?il n?ait pas d?autres infractions à son dossier. Il devra également passer un examen théorique à la SAAQ pour regagner le droit de conduire.

Les conséquences financières de ce grand excès de vitesse ne s?arrêtent pas là pour le valet. Il lui en coûtera 401,25 $ pour renouveler son permis. Le coût normal lorsqu?on possède un dossier sans tâche est de 87,25 $. Les assurances du valet devraient aussi connaître une hausse appréciable.

La BWM a été remisée par les policiers puis restituée à son propriétaire ce vendredi matin.
Attached Thumbnails BMW Sets Quebec Speed-Trap Record (Montreal-X6)-600_montreal_speeding_110204.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

On potentially icy roads too...genius.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
On potentially icy roads too...genius.
Totally. Weather reports put the temp at approx -10C (14F) 3AM this morning. And it snowed like a MF on Wednesday. He must have ignored the chime.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

The babelfish translation:
Police officers of the SQ intercepted, last night in Montreal, a servant of hotel rolling at confusing speed of 240 km/h with the car of a customer, a great excess speed which is worth to him a fine of more than 2500 $ and one record of 42 points of inaptitude.

The man in question, an employee of the hotel Queen-Élizabeth according to our information, was intercepted on the City-Marie motorway is, not far from the street Atwater, by patrol craft carrying out an operation radar in a zone of 70 km/h.

He was at the wheel of one glowing BMW belonging to a customer of the smart hotel montréalais, that he had borrowed without the agreement of the owner for a small transfered night high of speed.

Result? A fine of 2598 $ and 42 points of inaptitude. It goes without saying that the servant saw his licence of control being suspended at once.

Inaptitude record

?The law on the great excess speeds enables us to double the fine and to double the points of inaptitude?, explains the sergente Genevieve Bruneau.

?42 points of inaptitude, it is the highest number of points which we saw for only one infringment?, affirms Gino Desrosiers, spokesperson of the SAAQ.

It could also be a question of the greatest excess speed of the last years.

Six month old suspension

According to the provisions of the law, the accumulation of 15 points of inaptitude results in a driving ban for one 3 months period. In this case, the servant sees his licence suspended for six months. There will remain to him 3 points then, in condition of course which he does not have of other infringements to his file. It will have to also pass a theoretical examination to the SAAQ to regain the right to lead.

The financial consequences of this great excess speed do not stop there for the servant. He will cost him 401,25 $ of them to renew his licence. The normal cost when one has a file without task is of 87,25 $. The insurances of the servant should also know an appreciable rise.

The BWM was garaged by the police officers then restored with his owner this Friday morning.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

I hate valets
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by skelevirus
I hate valets
Old 02-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
The babelfish translation:
Police officers of the SQ (highway patrol) intercepted, last night in Montreal, a hotel valet, rolling at mind-boggling speed of 240 km/h in a customer's car, a "great excess speed" violation, which will cost him a fine of more than 2500 $ and of 42 demerit points

The man in question, an employee of the hotel Queen-Élizabeth according to our information, was intercepted on the Ville-Marie motorway, not far from Atwater street in downtown Montreal, by a patrol car carrying out a speed trap in a zone of 70 km/h.

He was at the wheel of one "glowing" BMW which belonged to a customer of the chic Montreal hotel, which he had borrowed without the agreement of the owner for a high speed joy ride.

Result? A fine of 2598 $ and 42 demerit points. It goes without saying that the valet's license was immediately suspended.

Demerit Points

?The law on "great excess speeds" (known as G.E.V. here) enables police to double fines and to double the demerit points?, explains the Sergeant Genevieve Bruneau.

?42 demerit points, it is the highest number of points which we saw for only one infringment?, affirms Gino Desrosiers, spokesperson of the SAAQ (Provincial DMV)

It could also be one of the most excessive speeding cases in years.

Six month suspension

According to the law, accumulating 15 demerit points can result in a driving ban for a 3 month period. In this case, the valet will see his licence suspended for six months. There will remain to him 3 points then, in condition of course which he does not have of other infringements to his file. (translation butchered that last sentence) He will have to also pass a theoretical examination to the SAAQ to regain the right to drive.

The financial consequences of this great excess speed do not stop there for the valet. It will cost him 401,25 $ to renew his licence. The normal cost when one has a file without fault is of 87,25 $. The insurance of the valet will also be hiked.

The BWM was "garaged" by the police officers then returned to its owner this Friday morning.
Ouch, what a massacre of the French language lol!

& somewhat fixed..
Old 02-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Senior Members

Not only does he have to pay a big fine..he also lost his license. Oh and his jobs gone...because he now no longer has a license LOL.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
Ouch, what a massacre of the French language lol!

& somewhat fixed..
Actually, I thought it sounded better...
Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

another reason to not valet.

Quick Reply: BMW Sets Quebec Speed-Trap Record (Montreal-X6)