Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Billy Mays Dies.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='927466' date='Jun 29 2009, 02:08 PM
Somehow, I don't think so. Sometimes you just have to accept that not everyone will like you.
i like you...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by unknown' post='927470' date='Jun 29 2009, 02:10 PM
i like you...
says "unknown"

Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='927473' date='Jun 29 2009, 02:11 PM
says "unknown"

He he. He's not unknown to me. But his member ID is classic.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='927324' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:46 AM
Are you a lawyer or something Scott? Sometimes it's difficult to ascertain. You should remind us of that at every opportunity. Also, where you attended law school, when you graduated, where you tried to attend law school but did not matriculate, a list of politicians for whom you clerked, the fact that you know how to take the LSAT, and your august and altruistic willingness to help anyone, anywhere, achieve the same.

I was referring to the fact that the initial story mentioned the blown tire landing, but did not say anything about Mr. Mays being struck in the head, hence my reference to relevance. Later releases contained that needed link.

Regarding your question, I guess it boils down to foreseeablity. Was the aircraft properly maintained or was US Airways negligent? Is there an inherent risk associated with flying? Did Mr. Mays refuse treatment after being offered? Do the aircraft's storage compartments have an inherent design flaw? Was the pilot drunk, or had he worked too many hours? So many questions and billable hours to figure it all out. Hey, try the lawsuit route, it's worth a shot. Go after the deep pockets. They'll probably settle, especially with a pseudo-celebrity with media access.

None of my comments over the last couple days has anything to do with being anti-lawyer. Why some of my best friends are lawyers! I would have made the same comments toward any forum member whose repetitive, self-promoting post-whoring was beginning to nauseate me. So, please, don't be offended.
Calvin:

I was under the impression that this is an online community and that members should try to help each other where they can.

Would you insult one of our members who is knowledgable about how to mod their car who posts tips to someone asking for help or discussing a potential mod as "self-promoting" or as having an "august and altruistic willingness to help anyone, anywhere"? Of course not. I have no idea had to do a DIY on a mod so I don't post about that. But I have lots of respect for the many members who do and who post how to do it. They are serving what I understood to be one of the main purposes of this community: helping other members.

There are a few areas that I know about where I have tried to help out members with an issue, question or problem. Most of that has been offline through PMs, emails and phone calls not posted on the board. I really enjoy doing those kinds of things and those who know me personally know that that is the case. I thought that helping other members was one of the purposes of an on-line community but, apparently, at least in your eyes, it's a cardinal sin which entitles you to attack and insult.

Obviously, you intended your post to offend me and score points at my expense in a public manner. Had you simply wanted to discuss the issue with me you could have PM'ed me and we could have discussed it. But you didn't. And that speaks for itself.

Despite this unfortunate exchange, I intend to go on helping other members in those few areas where I might know a thing or two. However, as I said yesterday, so as not to offend you, I won't bring up the topic of Craig and law school again. I agree with the portion of your original post which basically states that Craig knows where to PM me if he wants to discuss it.

I hope that one day we get a chance to meet at one of this board's events (not likely because you live in St. Louis but you never know). Maybe then you would see that I'm not the jerk that you seem to think I am.

Best,

Scott
Old 06-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

As much as I appreciate CWS550's posts and great sense of humor, I'm afraid this is all getting just a little out of hand...

I've only met Scott via our posts and by some PM's that we've exchanged, but I've always valued his intelligent contributions to the forum and his willingness to help other members. That's really all he was doing here.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by swajames' post='927758' date='Jun 29 2009, 03:41 PM
As much as I appreciate CWS550's posts and great sense of humor, I'm afraid this is all getting just a little out of hand...

I've only met Scott via our posts and by some PM's that we've exchanged, but I've always valued his intelligent contributions to the forum and his willingness to help other members. That's really all he was doing here.

Eesh, this is getting to be a habit, but I have to agree. Calvin and Scott offer both insight and humor so they are both valued members here.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='927764' date='Jun 29 2009, 06:46 PM
Eesh, this is getting to be a habit, but I have to agree. Calvin and Scott offer both insight and humor so they are both valued members here.
I appreciate scott's insight and calvin's intelligence... and I am in the middle of this whole thing!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='927775' date='Jun 29 2009, 03:56 PM
I appreciate scott's insight and calvin's intelligence... and I am in the middle of this whole thing!
Well, they both DO want you to head to law school................
Old 06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='927779' date='Jun 29 2009, 06:57 PM
Well, they both DO want you to head to law school................
Old 06-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Contributors

no shit?

he could have taken a dollar from me and somehow managed to get me to buy it back from him

that guy was the king of sales pitches

Quick Reply: Billy Mays Dies.