Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

BEWARE OF NEWARK NJ UNDERCOVER COPS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

So Friday Im going down to Ironbound, Newark, NJ area with my friend and we start to get pulled over for no reason by this beat up white Ford Explorer. I was laughing because I thought it was some like area Rent A Cop. His police lights werent very up to date. I pulled over then another beat up car pulls up with about 4 African Americans thug looking dudes. I thought they were just passing by looking at us. They then got in front of me and started to back up. They did not have any police lights on. I told my friend I think they are trying to steal my car because I have heard of stuff like this happening in Newark before. Im like effff this, so I blast off and head down the road, meanwhile both these cars have cheap police lights coming after me. I stop at a gas station and they all get out with guns. I did not see one badge at this time nor did anyone say they are law enforcement. While choking me and putting a gun to my head while Im pleading to just take the car not kill us, this guy starts asking me where I threw the drugs and what not (at this time he hand cuffs me so I assumed they were cops....still no badge not even in view). I can barely talk because this poor excuse for a cop has his hands around my neck. They keep telling me how stupid I am and I disrespected every cop in Newark and Im like are you serious? I had no idea you were "DT" or whatever you claim to be. There was one white dude who was kinda funny. He saw my skateboard and asked me if I was Ryan Sheckler. They took the cuffs off me. Hes like do a kickflip and Ill let you go. I didnt wanna scratch the Guccis so I did it in bare feet. They just told us to go home and shit. Two seconds down the road they cornered in for no reason a silver mercedes with tints. Pretty much they were just pulling over nice cars for no reason. Unbelievable. Just thought I would let everyone know that these are supposably cops and to watch out in Newark. Im glad I didnt have anything to defend myself because thinking they were intruders I would have....then I would not be here telling you this. Should I lodge a complaint or not even bother?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Wow Paul, sorry to hear that happen bro.

I wish I could give you some advice. If it was NYPD, I could put in some words, but NJ cops.. not sure.

U're coming tonight right? tell us all about it more. and do a kick flip for me!! lol. or double heelflip it anything. or varial kickflip. I love it all!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='794911' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:16 PM
Wow Paul, sorry to hear that happen bro.

I wish I could give you some advice. If it was NYPD, I could put in some words, but NJ cops.. not sure.

U're coming tonight right? tell us all about it more. and do a kick flip for me!! lol. or double heelflip it anything. or varial kickflip. I love it all!

Yeh I was just real taken back by this. The cops I know are as well but I just wanted to warn people. Im trying to make it tonite a few things came up. Its just been a hell of a week. At least 3 days I thought I was losing my job and that happened too. I may have to go to court later tonite as a witness for something that happened to a membe of my family but if I am back in time Ill see you guys there.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

damn paul. that's crazy. if it's an unmarked car, u dont have to upll over until u feel safe. I would've kept driving and called 911 in the car and say that there's a car that seems to be impersonating a police officer. And what the hell were u doing in newark? I would now call 311 though. Not really sure how NJ works tho
Old 02-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Exactly that was simply what I was doing. I didnt think to call 911 though haha. I wasnt even driving too fast I wasnt sure if these thugs were gonna shoot at me.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Contributors

isnt newark still the car theft capitol of the country. speaking of which, have you ever seen New Jersey Drive. the cop that choked you sounds JUST LIKE "Roscoe" The rouge undercover auto theft division cop. this movie was based in Newark as well. maybe they are filming "new jersey drive II" ...based on true events. also, roscoe drives an old beat up chevy s10 SUV as his police car in the movie
Old 02-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Contributors

is this photo footage of your incident?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm940742656/nm0825627
Old 02-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='794923' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:31 PM
isnt newark still the car theft capitol of the country. speaking of which, have you ever seen New Jersey Drive. the cop that choked you sounds JUST LIKE "Roscoe" The rouge undercover auto theft division cop. this movie was based in Newark as well. maybe they are filming "new jersey drive II" ...based on true events. also, roscoe drives an old beat up chevy s10 SUV as his police car in the movie
Yeh I mean I had NY plates and what not I understand why they pulled me over...but at least show me a badge and why doy ou have to look like a bunch of thugs? Sorry I aint pullin over for ya..call me racist. They kept saying they were DT. I didnt hear them say what DT was. Im assuming D*ck Touchers...maybe Douchebag Thugs?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='794916' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:24 PM
damn paul. that's crazy. if it's an unmarked car, u dont have to upll over until u feel safe. I would've kept driving and called 911 in the car and say that there's a car that seems to be impersonating a police officer. And what the hell were u doing in newark? I would now call 311 though. Not really sure how NJ works tho
+1 ... IMHO that behavior is neither recommended or condoned by NJ Police Departments. In the heat of the circumstances I'm sure you didn't think about dialing 911 or even your BMW Assist (if enrolled/active). And your behavior (fleeing) may have seemed to be a red flag for a real police officer BUT perfectly rightful if being surrounded / accosted by unmarked wrecks and non-uniformed officers.

At the very least you should file a report with their public affairs officer.

Too many innocent people die (including police officers) when the right intent takes a sharp left turn! Careless police work doesn't help. One final word, Davie Crockett and others are credited with this, "Be sure you're right ... then go ahead."
Old 02-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='794928' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:36 PM
I was white they were all Black though. One white dude was kinda chill though. He wasnt bugging out like the rest of them.

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF NEWARK NJ UNDERCOVER COPS