Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Best Hooptie to drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

When I had my Porscha, I bought a GAS guzzlin' Lexus LS-400 for my hooptie. There's a guy selling a 1987 325E here for 2K or less. I drove it, but the frontend seemed loose. My 'COOL" SA said I could bring it in for a quick check up...FOR FREE. The trunk leaks a bit from the seal being a bit worn. Other than that, not much else major. Has a auto starter also, and it started everytime. My main man at NEWPORT said he could get me parts............SOOOOOOOO, for the strugglin' Good Hooptie or NOT?

There's a few on eBay. I lost the bid on a sweet one yesterday...Black on Black, and lots of NEW stuff replaced.

What's your "HOOPTIE"....RICH and WEALTHY need not respond
Old 03-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

honda civic hands down. Thats my commute car to work. I work across Los Angeles County Hospital / East LA in a dicey part of town and park on the street at times. Wouldnt want your baby displayed in front of crack heads now would ya The civic blends in well and gives 30-35 mpg. oil changes and timing belt only needed.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue/Beige, Navigation, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, PDC, split-folding rear seats, DIY iPod. DIY Valentine 1 hardwire, loose nut behind the wheel.

1997 Ford F-150 4x4, 170K miles. Rollin' FRESH!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

Being a Limey, I just had to look up "hooptie".

Thought I'd share.

1. hooptie

Any car that meets the following: a) driver must enter car through passenger side b) three different brand and size tires - 3 of them missing hubcap c) exhaust is held up by half a clothes hanger - other half replaces the antenna d) backfires every three blocks - loudest backfire being when car is turned off e) must open door at drive-threws as windows don't roll down f) you only get one AM station and the tape deck eats all tapes inserted g) can't open the glove box as the whole thing will fall out h) if you let go of steering wheel while driving you'll make a u-turn i) must manually move blinker lever up and down as it no longer blinks on it's own j) must keep one foot on brake and one on accelerator when at a complete stop k) has had the same temporary registration sticker in the window for the last 18 months l) has all the above issues but still has a $200 professional tint job

"Hey fool...you gotta have the phattest hooptie in town!"
ABC
Old 03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='400392' date='Mar 8 2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for posting. I had no clue either. I guess not knowing that one is more of an "age thing" than a "where you're from" thing.

Lou
Old 03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Go fer it.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.
Talking

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='400392' date='Mar 8 2007, 05:27 PM

Thought I'd share.
ABC
AND a spent 2 stacks on the rims!! Stack............thousand.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Contributors

Well, if you can call it a Hooptie, I got a hand-me-down, a couple years ago from aunt, to dad, to me...a mint-condition, '91 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, RED, with a white vinyl top, white seatbelts, white-white leather interior with red carpet, red leather dashboard. It's got the front bench seat with a folding armrest. Co-workers prefer to go out to lunch in the Caddy than in the Bimmer! I work in the artist district in L.A.f, (not too far from jordan23junkee), and have had numerous offers for the car from the "hood". It was ahead of it's time with it's turn signals that light the road to to right or left..depending on which way you flick the signal, it's auto-trunk closer, and the red lights on the rear portion of the doors that warn on-coming cars when doors are open. Along with the bright white opera lights in the interior with the white leather and red carpet...it looks like Christmas when doors are open and the interior is all lit up! Wasn't so bad either that I got it with a whopping 16,000 miles! The 4.8 liter engine ain't so bad either. I get a lot of looks from both 60+-year-olds, or bruthus and esse's giving me the thumbs-up! Next upgrade...wider, whitewall tires - the whitewalls, not the tire! I already have the white fur pillow in the back...still waiting for the furry dice as an office gag-gift Rides like a boat and runs like a beaut! It's the favorite of my Hooptie's!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

my hooptie would be my mod out toyota supra 1986.5,, sad thing isits been awhile sitting in my driveway battery died... might need to fire up the car to take it to shady places and work...cuz they got me parked far away for me noot to see my car from the ambulance entrance where i used to park..im afraid someone would messwith my car ..so it looks like i have a project in the next month or so,,,,ericd
Old 03-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

damn.. sounds like a really nice hooptie wendell. pimpin in the caddy now huh? haha

well my family has a 1989 toyota van.. the van that came out before the previa. it kinda just sits out in front of our house unless we just really need to use it or just move it across the street for street sweepers. last time i drove it was to pick up a christmas tree back in december. and my mom drives a 1990 benz 300 E. its been a project lately and still is. the whole dashboard works now, and the funny thing i thought was that the dashboard lights are different colors in each area. but hey it works, especially after having the engine rebuilt. good car.

Quick Reply: Best Hooptie to drive