Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

best cop ever!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by CTYankee' date='Oct 18 2005, 07:05 AM
So let's see if I've got this right.? You're doing 155mph? on Rt. 2 in Arlington and the COP is the a**hole?
[snapback]185660[/snapback]
He said he finally met a cop who's NOT an a**hole...
Old 10-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 18 2005, 09:33 AM
[quote name='CTYankee' date='Oct 18 2005, 07:05 AM']So let's see if I've got this right.? You're doing 155mph? on Rt. 2 in Arlington and the COP is the a**hole?
[snapback]185660[/snapback]
He said he finally met a cop who's NOT an a**hole...
[snapback]185668[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well if I was legitimately caught doing 155 then I think I'm the asshole endangering people's lives and should go to jail, like I should have gone last night. But here in MA there are really cops who are assholes, pulling you over on an empty freeway at night fr doing 65 in a 55.....and the place tha thappens here in MA is mostly the Mass. Pike, thats why I always avoid that place.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Contributors

I am sure you invited the cop for a fine glass of cognac at a local bar? Maybe Aedor #7 or whatever you drink.

Oppss..sorry..no driving while driving *lol*
Old 10-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

We have some lucky members here and you should go and buy a lotto ticket tonight. Great story and thanks for sharing
Old 10-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

WOW what a cool cop! You lucked out! 155! Imagine... my first and only ticket was doing 82 in a 70 zone and that cop was a punk!!!! Everyone was cruising in the 80s I happened to be the last one.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 PM
IHC
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi -- silver grey

I can't imagine the cop would have pity on you because you're a student. Most students can't afford an e60!!

Well, hats off to you for getting out of the ticket and/or jail!! Buy a lottery ticket tonight please!

The excuse I've used which has worked for me once while getting caught speeding near the hospital is that I was going in to see a patient in the ER when I was on call. Cop was very polite to me, but I was only going 10 mph over the limit!!!!

Safe driving....
Old 10-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:27 PM
I am sure you invited the cop for a fine? glass of cognac at a local bar?? Maybe Aedor #7 or whatever you drink.

Oppss..sorry..no driving while driving *lol* ?
[snapback]185742[/snapback]
haha I'm old enough to go 155mph but not old enough to enjoy a drink...lol
Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Originally Posted by Jeffs' date='Oct 18 2005, 01:31 PM
[quote name='amigo525' date='Oct 18 2005, 12:27 PM']I am sure you invited the cop for a fine? glass of cognac at a local bar?? Maybe Aedor #7 or whatever you drink.

Oppss..sorry..no driving while driving *lol* ?
[snapback]185742[/snapback]
haha I'm old enough to go 155mph but not old enough to enjoy a drink...lol
[snapback]185863[/snapback]
[/quote]

too funny
Old 10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Jeffs' date='Oct 18 2005, 01:42 AM
So i was hungry at 1 am and decided to head downtown for late night supper....on the way back, i took RT2 as usual as there is usually no one and no cops. I floored the pedal and did not realize that a car coming in from the arlington exit to my left was a state police car....marked. I was the only car except him and I kept flooring till i reached 155mph. The cop car was pretty far behind but I saw that he was driving really fast too trying to catch me. His light was NOT on. As I approached I-95 exit i slowed to about 70 and he caught up with me and then flashed his light. At this time i was scared shitless because at 2am I knew for sure I am going to jail and I'll have to bother someone to bail me out as I only have 20 bucks cash in my pocket. So I rolled all my windows down, hoping the cop will not see my tint and make comments and sat there shivering with the chilly New England wind blowing at my face and face white as sheet.

Cop came over and asked for my license and registration. I gave them and told him in my most pitiful voice that I am just a student and am not trying to harm anyone with the highway being empty and that I have alot of points in my driving record and asked him to go REALLY easy on me. Upon looking at my license, cop then proceed to ask which school I attend and I quietly gave him my school ID card. He looked at both cards and my registration and handed them back to me to my surprise. He leaned in and said," Young man you should be in jail by now? but I am gonna be REALLY nice and let you off.?
I understand that the car is powerful and excites you but you have to learn to be a mature and sensible driver. I will be patroling this highway often and if I catch you speeding again you will have to face the consequences. Have a good night" With that, he left.

Well I am one lucky guy tonight but I know that just a few minutes' thrill of speeding is not worth the trouble. Will keep that in mind next time I go fast.? ? ?
see....finally I met a cop who's not an a**hole...
[snapback]185567[/snapback]

Originally Posted by shiny' date='Oct 18 2005, 03:28 AM
Hey man, lucky escape!

One time in my M3 I was working late (or early, like 1am on an emergency callout) in Guildford, Surrey.

Anyhow I finish the job and want to get back home - 130 mile trip, and I reckon I can aim to do this in as close to an hour as possible?

Anyone who knows the roads of South East of England will know how good the sliproads to the M4 can be - in this case the A329 onto the M4 at J10 is a long sweeping left-hander - so I take it at ~120 and floor it, going up past 150 in fifth, hit sixth and keep going.

I failed to see the marked Volvo T5 coming up the outside lane - he follows me at around 155 for a minute or so before flashing and pulling me over.

At this point I'm thinking "jail sentence, career over" - absolutely sh***ing bricks.

Both cops get out of the car and approach - I get out also and immediately apologise, and say what an idiot I am. The cops gave me a ticking off "this is a powerful car but you can't respond quick enough if something goes wrong at this speed" etc.

They sit me in the car and I'm expecting my rights to be read, when the lead cop says "That's a beautiful car, and it deserves to be driven hard - BUT not on this patch - DO NOT? do it again, because if you're caught, you'll be in jail, and you don't want that"? - turns out both cops are M3 freaks, one has an M3 e30 EVO and the other an e36 - we chat about cars a while, turns out we're all members of BMW Car Club GB - I thanked them, and they let me go.

Now I cruise at 80mph - my lesson is learned and I appreciate my good fortune.
[snapback]185600[/snapback]
Now those are what I call amazing stories. Wish the basta*d copper who nicked me for doing 78mph in a 60mph had been related to the cops who pulled you guys.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:26 PM
def
Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Auburn '04 530i

I wish the good ole NYPD was so understanding

Quick Reply: best cop ever!