Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Bad Mood!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

On wednesday I took my car to a company conference at Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire. I park up and notice next to me is some kind of 4X4also just arrived. The passenger opens his door and guess what, the door hits my rear passenger door leaving a nice little crease. Arghhhhhhh :bashwall:

I must have spent about an hour looking at the damage assessing how bad/noticeable it is and am still seething at the stupidity/carelessness of people.

I phone my dealer who is ytring to put me in contact with an independent guy he's used who can get small dents out but meanwhile i can't bear to look at the door.

jonboy
Old 10-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Oct 9 2004, 01:29 AM
On wednesday I took my car to a company conference at Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire. I park up and notice next to me is some kind of 4X4also just arrived. The passenger opens his door and guess what, the door hits my rear passenger door leaving a nice little crease.? Arghhhhhhh :bashwall:

I must have spent about an hour looking at the damage assessing how bad/noticeable it is and am still seething at the stupidity/carelessness of people.

I phone my dealer who is ytring to put me in contact with an independent guy he's used who can get small dents out but meanwhile i can't bear to look at the door.

jonboy
[snapback]42883[/snapback]
Sorry for the bad luck!

I'm assuming you got the idiot's phone number/insurance information?
Old 10-09-2004, 02:30 AM
Senior Members

sorry to hear that :'(. i agree with acribb. if you were there, i assumed you got that guy's info. but no matter what, still not a fun thing to deal with :'(.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Senior Members

Nah

I'd just key his car all around, yup.

Bunbun
Old 10-09-2004, 05:41 AM
Senior Members

Ahh, geez. Sorry to hear about that. E60's don't look good with body damage! A crease isn't really easy, either. Bad luck.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Since moving to Texas, I have come to realize that this is "door ding central" with about 1/2 the vehicles being pickups or SUVs. I have been so jaded by being down here that is the first thing that I thought about when I saw the E60 for the first time and noticed it's straight high sides without body side moldings. I have gotten to know the paintless ding repair guy really well. I am amazed at how he can make a ding disappear in about 30 minutes. If they didn't go through the paint it should be easily repaired. Sorry it happened to you though.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Contributors

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car . We have the same issues in the Chicago area with numerous SUVs and parking lots with narrow spaces. I have been lucky so far but I'm affraid that door dents are inevitable in my locale. Good luck on the repair process. We have to keep our E60s looking great!
Old 10-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Oct 9 2004, 01:29 AM
On wednesday I took my car to a company conference at Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire. I park up and notice next to me is some kind of 4X4also just arrived. The passenger opens his door and guess what, the door hits my rear passenger door leaving a nice little crease.? Arghhhhhhh :bashwall:

jonboy
[snapback]42883[/snapback]
so what did the 4*4 passenger say???????

give dent master/devils a call they can probably fix that no problem. used them a few times on my last E46 and the results were always excellent.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This sucks Jonboy. I hope it can be fixed good for you.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Oct 9 2004, 11:23 AM
Since moving to Texas, I have come to realize that this is "door ding central" with about 1/2 the vehicles being pickups or SUVs.? I have been so jaded by being down here that is the first thing that I thought about when I saw the E60 for the first time and noticed it's straight high sides without body side moldings.? I have gotten to know the paintless ding repair guy really well. I am amazed at how he can make a ding disappear in about 30 minutes. If they didn't go through the paint it should be easily repaired.? Sorry it happened to you though.
[snapback]42965[/snapback]
Did you get the optional shotgun rack available for Texans?

Quick Reply: Bad Mood!