Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520i S/E LCI mod.6-2008extras:sun roof,PDC ,Xenon,sport packet etc.Mods:Outsite: full look //m5(bumbers/mirrors/fenders/side skirts/trunk finisher/wheels 166/big-brakes-kit //m5)Angel eyes Gp-thunder 8500kInsite: cluster //m5 optik
Model Year: 2008

I saw it in Ster-Cinemas not 3D but the movie are
For anyone to not see the movie yet :if you try to explaine evrything to see in there you lost your time but if you like movies like Transformers etc...this is the bestone!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Contributors

will watch it this weekend on IMAX3D, finally convinced my wife to go to the movies!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Fastest movie in history to gross over $1bn in revenues - it took just 17 days. Already the second highest grossing film ever, behind Cameron's other box office behemoth, Titanic.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Saw this on boxing day.
I think it 1 of the best Si-fiction films for a long long time.
I hope he makes a 2nd 1
the production is just so cool.

right now it made $1,037,736,685
I think it will beat Titanic $1,835,300,000
Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aristent' post='1085082' date='Jan 6 2010, 03:02 PM
I saw it in Ster-Cinemas not 3D but the movie are
For anyone to not see the movie yet :if you try to explaine evrything to see in there you lost your time but if you like movies like Transformers etc...this is the bestone!!!
you must see it again in 3D.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Contributors

why you should watch in 3D

the best 3 3D scenes

1. The First Flight

When you first take the skies in Avatar it's as good as any ride at an amusement park. I mean, who hasn't had dreams of being able to soar around? Well, Avatar is about the next best thing, giving the audience plenty of time to just soak it all up as you watch our Navi protagonist soar above a picturesque gorge ? and the effect of 3D really makes you feel like you're high in the air, too.

2. Those Awesome Holograms

Where Minority Report made the idea of touchscreens sexy, Avatar is inspiring that same kind of lust in us for holograms. They've never looked this good. With your 3D specs on, they may as well be real, too. Sadly, the real-world technologies that remind us of what's being used in Avatar ? such as Microsoft's Surface table ? can't conjure up holograms. What's worse, we're in for a long wait ? over 100 years, if we're waiting to catch up to Avatar

3. The Busy Battles

The aerial action in Avatar simply looks damn good. But it's not all pretty explosions: the amount of Navi warbirds and human aircraft engaging one another really lets the movie play with 3D and all the different layers of stuff going on and getting blown-the-eff-up. What really stuck out to us, oddly enough, was the smoke trails behind the missiles. It's almost mesmerizing the way each one looks a little different, and really gives you a good spatial sense of where the missile started and where it's going. It's also a good example of how Avatar, crafted for the 3D viewing experience, is able to show off the tech in nuanced, subtle ways, rather than just having a character throw something toward the audience for an "Ahhh!" moment.

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/12/3-...reate.php#more
Old 01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

Just saw it in 3D tonight. Great visuals, 10/10 on that front.

Horrible plot. I mean, to say the plot is weak is a complete understatement. Completely predictable, stereotyped anti-US, anti-corporate, anti-military, pro-environment, tired plot that gets played out over and over and over again in Hollywood.

Without any spoilers, here is the plot: America trashes its planet, so it goes to another planet rich in natural resources to exploit the resources because they are very profitable for big corporate greed, and of course, the indiginous planet-loving locals get in the way, so the corporate "bad guy" with his "military" buddies say "our shareholders value profits over people" and sets out to destroy them. How lame... how stereotypical...

but, as people say, great visual experience if you can hold your nose at the boring left-wing plot...
Old 01-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by 1esquire' post='1087834' date='Jan 10 2010, 08:22 PM

Horrible plot. I mean, to say the plot is weak is a complete understatement. Completely predictable, stereotyped anti-US, anti-corporate, anti-military, pro-environment, tired plot that gets played out over and over and over again in Hollywood.

Without any spoilers, here is the plot: America trashes its planet, so it goes to another planet rich in natural resources to exploit the resources because they are very profitable for big corporate greed, and of course, the indiginous planet-loving locals get in the way, so the corporate "bad guy" with his "military" buddies say "our shareholders value profits over people" and sets out to destroy them. How lame... how stereotypical...

but, as people say, great visual experience if you can hold your nose at the boring left-wing plot...
This is the best review I have read to date.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Attached Thumbnails Avatar-avatar.jpg  
Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by 1esquire' post='1087834' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:22 AM

+1000

Quick Reply: Avatar