Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Austrian bureaucrats...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...well, we here in austria have a reputation for this, but i think what i had to do this morning is just where you would start nodding your head...

Well background story: i have 167 for summer, 166 for winter. neither wheel is legal for my car here in austria, so to legalize it, the procedure is to go to an technical bureau and have it inspected and checked if technically the wheels fit to the car. This inspection costs 252 eur -> multiply this by 2 because you need one inspection for each set.

well once you have the ok, you can have the wheels added to your paper, for that, the road inspection office will check the car, will check the papers you got from the technical bureau, and if found ok, will enter this in your car papers and all this for 40 eur -> multiply by 2 for two sets..

the waiting time for an appointment for the ispection office is about 2 months, so i submitted my papers in sept, i was given an appointment tomorrow, only to realize early november that there is no way i was going to make it through to the 23rd with the summer set because winter has hit austria pretty early year - in fact we had 2 foot snow a week ago. so with this mind, i changed my summer set to winter first thing on the 1st of november, and when i went to the inspection office to cancel my appointment for tomorrow, they said i will only get my papers back after they inspected my car with the original set of wheels, which i dont have anymore. if i were to tell them this, they would immediately report me to the police and my license plates are gone... so believe or not, with temperatures around 2 degrees this morning, i had no other choice to drag 4 summer wheels from the basement, change the wheels and have my car inspected tomorrow morning. right after that, i am allowed to change back to winter, drag my summer wheels down the basement again...

guys, be glad that your country you are living in is not as bureucratic as austria...

rumman