Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Attention Getter

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009 | 05:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ktlocklear' post='806993' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:43 AM
I may have to set that speed limit warning ding, I think. Not to rub anyone the wrong way, but I think there is a little racial profiling going on here in this lovely city
Are you black? If so, thats amazing. I have never seen a black dude in a Bimmer, (please don't get sensitive I'm just making a statement I'm not racist so RELAX). I even started a thread about this about 2 months ago that amazingly turned into a huge stinkfest of flaming. The point I'm trying to make is you don't see black dudes jumping to buy a BMW. It just doesn't happen. Why? I haven't the slightest idea.
Old 03-04-2009 | 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='807171' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:23 AM
Are you black? If so, thats amazing. I have never seen a black dude in a Bimmer, (please don't get sensitive I'm just making a statement I'm not racist so RELAX). I even started a thread about this about 2 months ago that amazingly turned into a huge stinkfest of flaming. The point I'm trying to make is you don't see black dudes jumping to buy a BMW. It just doesn't happen. Why? I haven't the slightest idea.

You must not be a bmwcca.org member. That, or you haven't been there in quite some time. On the main page, in the photo window that changes pictures, one of the first, if not the first, photo is of two african-american gentlemen driving an ///M Roadster.
Old 03-04-2009 | 07:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by exx1976' post='807206' date='Mar 4 2009, 11:25 AM
You must not be a bmwcca.org member. That, or you haven't been there in quite some time. On the main page, in the photo window that changes pictures, one of the first, if not the first, photo is of two african-american gentlemen driving an ///M Roadster.
I've been driving around Illinois for far too long then.
Old 03-04-2009 | 07:33 AM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='807171' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:23 AM

I see black "dudes" as you say in 7ers, but I agree that there isn't a big number in 5ers or 3ers. At least in this part of the country.
Old 03-04-2009 | 07:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ktlocklear' post='806971' date='Mar 3 2009, 10:20 PM
I haven't had a moving violation in 10+ years.....buy a Bimmer and get two in a 4 month period The first one was for not completely stopping at a stop sign, and the second one, which I got tonight was for speeding.....79 in a 60. Driving style hasn't changed....gotta be the car! Anyone else experience this

A state trooper here gave me a ticket for going 40 in a 35 and I was in uniform so I feel your pain.

It seems that more and more people cant admire a car for what it is and somehow equate its ownership to elitism. I dont understand it really.
Old 03-04-2009 | 07:47 AM
Members

Loads of black guys have BMs in the UK.
Old 03-04-2009 | 08:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='807171' date='Mar 4 2009, 08:23 AM
Are you black?
Nope...I'm a whitey
I guess I should of said "reverse" racial profiling, since I'm a minority here.....completely opposite from everywhere else i've lived. It's extremely racial here....I hate it.
Old 03-04-2009 | 08:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='807171' date='Mar 4 2009, 06:23 AM
You need to get out more

There are pleanty of us buying beemers - perhaps not in your region - but the world is a big place
Old 03-04-2009 | 08:48 AM
Contributors

Just my two cents, but I recon the speed limit is based on the lowest common denominator. The two variables being what the driver and the car are capable of. A good driver in a good car will find the low limits double tedious.
Old 03-04-2009 | 08:49 AM
Contributors

Oh, and as for the silly race remark; in North London BMW is an acronym for black man's wheels.

Quick Reply: Attention Getter