Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

anywhere you go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

took my parents out today just to get them out and relax and to take them somewhere they havent been to yet. took them to the grove in la. well before that, we just cruised (im driving my ML320) and im really hating traffic. it was still early so we decided to go on mulholland drive. i know they like scenery and all, nature or the lights of cities, and i knew there were spots on mulholland just to pull over and look over la. well as i was driving i was wishing so bad i just had my e60 to take those curves more smoothly and all at a more comfortable speed. i was even following a e90 and i knew he was having fun driving on mulholland. not many cars on mulholland today either. when we got back down onto hollywood and highland into gas-eating traffic i was glad again i didnt bring the e60. traffic is the only thing i dislike about la.

well i was just wondering.. anywhere you go for just to get away and/or cruise / enjoyable driving? anywhere local to you or where you've been before? pics would be cool too.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

well n HK there are not that many god places to drive and not good to drive fullstop.
there is 3 roads that you can take the e60 get a fun drive out of it.
there is 1 road which is like Initial D and I went on it a few time and god itis fun, no difting thow
Old 01-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

I've lived in LA (South Bay area) for 30 years and one of my favorite places to just drive around and enjoy the scenery is Palos Verdes. They have beautiful scenic views of the ocean and the ambiance is great. It's kind of like being in a province. Rich people live there and the houses are amazing. If you happen to drive by down there take Hawthorne Blvd until it ends and you will see some amazing brand new ocean front homes there, I believe they have an equestrian trail along the edge for your viewing pleasure.

West Los Angeles is another place I like to go cruising, mainly Santa Monica but it gets too busy. We are definitely blessed to have all these great places to go here in LA, but like you said the only thing that sucks is the traffic.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 330i, Monaco Blue, black leather, premium, cold weather, PDC, Logic 7

I love driving the rolling hills and sharp curves of Yale and Harvard Avenues in Tulsa. The canyon like valleys down below remind me of CA, too. I'm native to the Bay Area (4th generation San Francisco born) and really miss the surrounding areas.
Believe it or not, Tulsa is a pretty nice city with loads of trees, hills, etc., and very few cowboys and hillbillies (No offense to cowboys and/or hillbillies who may be reading this!).