Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

anyone use the bmw credit card for points

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a bmw credit card since it seemed like a good way to get some points towards a new car in some shape or form. I believe you can use points on lease turn in for overmilage and stuff like that.

Does anyone else use this card and have had some good rewards. I dont plan on keeping any kind of balance so the interest rate or any of that jazz is of no cocern.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Members

I seem to recall that, in a comparison of other reward programs by someone here or at Bimmerfest, the BMW card did not fare that well compared to some other programs. You might want to search a bit.

I believe the problem centered around a limit on how much can be applied or something like that but I don't recall details.

If you find out something please advise.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Contributors

I've had the BMW Ultimate Card for more than 7 years now and if I remember correctly the rewards for car purchases was not that great (I should check again and see what it is now). The main reason that we keep the card is the airline ticket rewards. So far we have used points to get 3 roundtrip tickets to Europe for free. The good thing is that there are no blackout dates and the points do not expire. We have enough points now for another 3 or 4 roundtrip tickets to Europe. It has a rather high annual fee of $100, but to us it's more than worth it because roundtrip tickets to Europe during the high season can cost $1000 to $1500 each. I should check the details on their new car purchase/lease rewards as we will probably be getting an E70 X5 to replace my wife's E53 soon.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:02 AM
Banned

Ya I dont know what I have-it has no annual fee and I dont collect airline miles or anything. I dont spend all that much or have a business but I thought it might be good for saving me a few bucks towards overmilage or dings at lease turn in because it said it can be used towards overage milage atleast-didnt read to closely on the others.

I currently am not using any card with any bonus so I have nothing to give up.

It was actually funny-they sent me an application like the first 5 months of me having a card and I really was not interested. After I saw I was going over milage I thought hey why not. So I send in the as always "preapproved" application and a week later they REJECTED ME! haha

I was like hum ok-you trust me with your 60k car payments but wont give me a credit card after bugging me for months. I just picked up a big mortgage on top of a measley salary so I guess that is what it was-credit score has always been top notch-

anyway out of the blue this week they sent me a card and everything about 2 months after rejecting me and I never sent a reply or reapplied or anything-silly creditors looking tomakea buck
Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

I get solicited for this card every month. I confess that the rewards are not clearly spelled out enough for me to consider the card. I buy my cars outright so having a leasing advantage is no great deal. I am most interested in reducing the purchase price and the card does not highlight how that may apply. Is there someplace that outlines the reward program in detail?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Members

Different countries might have different setups, but here we had to register for points and we get 1 or 1.5 points for every dollar spent. Our local airline Qantas gives you about a half or third of a point and then only up to a limit.

We just did a big holiday to the states and came home with 40,000 points..... so I guess no limit applies. A soon as I got back they doubled the credit limit too... go figure..

Cheers