Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Anyone Else to SD BMWCCA Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was the only blue STI out there, I was my buddy's first time to the track so he ran in the D group, I ran in the A group.

www.drivingconcepts.com is the same format as the BMWCCA driving schools. It is a one day format with alot of track time.

I will be out of town in may so I will not make the sincity chapters event, but I hear that is a fun track.

Let me know what you thought of the brakes on the car, any fade or squishy pedal?
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Else to SD BMWCCA Driving School-pics_006.jpg  
Old 02-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Now I recognize the car. I remember the dual numbers and the piece missing out of your bumper.

Nice looking car. I did not notice any brake fade, but I was also running in the D group(not heavily braking), on Sunday anyway, the C group on Saturday. I could concentrate more on the lines and being smooth without worrying too much about letting the faster drivers pass.

Did you take that picture on the track? What turn? Looks like 4.

Thanks for the link, can anyone do it, or do you have to be a member. I may join you for the Buttonwillow one in April.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Members

Yes it was turn 4. If you call the gift shop at buttonwillow, they were taking pictures of all the cars all weekend. I paid $30 for a cd of all the pictures they took of us.

I did sign up for driving concepts in april with my wife, she will drive the 545. This will be her 1st experiance driving on a track. I will take the STI back out. I pull the piece out of my bumper so I can install the tow hook, in the event I got stuck in one of those lakes on the track.

your car did look awesome on the track.

john
Old 02-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by robg' date='Feb 15 2005, 05:39 AM
Does your regular insurance cover you if the car is damaged at an event like this?? I have been told that becasue it is instruction, rather than racing, you remain covered.? Same issue for warranty coverage.? Can anyone who has participated? confirm or deny that your insurance / warranty remain cover damage incurred at the track.

I would love to try an event like this, but not if I would have to pay out of my pocket if a kiss a wall or blow and engine.
[snapback]90347[/snapback]
I have the same question. Does anybody know how it works (insurance wise) if you take your car to the track?
What if you are there to really race it?
What if you are there for "Driver Training"?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by yamamoto' date='Feb 16 2005, 07:15 PM
Yes it was turn 4.? If you call the gift shop at buttonwillow, they were taking pictures of all the cars all weekend.? I paid $30 for a cd of all the pictures they took of us.

I did sign up for driving concepts in april with my wife, she will drive the 545.? This will be her 1st experiance driving on a track.? I will take the STI back out.? I pull the piece out of my bumper so I can install the tow hook, in the event I got stuck in one of those lakes on the track.

your car did look awesome on the track.

john
[snapback]91103[/snapback]

Thanks, I look into the pics at the gift shop, and triing to decide on the track day, since it is in the middle of the week. Will let you know.

Robert
Old 02-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Contributors

yamamoto, well got confirmation for the April 19th Driving concepts school at Buttonwillow, so will see you there.

Also was able to get into the Las Vegas one in May. Looks like I will be keeping the tire and brake manufacturers in business.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Members

CRRobert

look forward to seeing you there. I will bring the Suby and my wife will drive the 545. You will see some of the same instructors there. but I really like the smaller group environment and lots of track time.

I am going to spring mountain in pahrump in early march, that will be my first time at that track.

As far as the brakes on the car go, doesn't bmw pay for it? With regards to the tires, you will be surprised how long the will last doing these events.

see you soon
Old 02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

insurance question:

exerpt from the FAQ on driving schools from the LA BMW CarClub

DON?T BRING ANY STOPWATCHES OR TIMING DEVICES WITH YOU. This is a
driving school and, as such, should be covered by your regular insurance. If anyone (participant, spectator, instructor or worker) uses a timing device the school could be reclassified as a ?competitive event? and all insurance policies could become null and void.
Your car warranty might also be voided by participation in a ?competition event?. The use of any timing devices will result in both the timer and the timee being removed from this event, as well as being denied participation in any future club sponsored driving events.

http://www.bmwclubla.org/

document referenced
http://www.bmwclubla.org/forms/DrivingScho...ts_20050208.pdf

hope this helps.

Charley
Old 03-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Feb 14 2005, 10:21 AM
Pic of my car below next to E39 M5.

Attachment 5167
[snapback]90039[/snapback]
HEY! Did you happen to take a pic of the M5s plate? is it a cunningham plate? 4PIN**7?? If so I know that guy... he always attends AutoX's and stuff in San Diego.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 3 2005, 09:37 PM
[quote name='CRRobert' date='Feb 14 2005, 10:21 AM']Pic of my car below next to E39 M5.

Attachment 5167
[snapback]90039[/snapback]
HEY! Did you happen to take a pic of the M5s plate? is it a cunningham plate? 4PIN**7?? If so I know that guy... he always attends AutoX's and stuff in San Diego.
[snapback]96925[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep, I got a picture, and nope, not the one you are thinking of.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else to SD BMWCCA Driving School