Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Anyone been to the BMW Performance Driving School?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

In 10 days, I'm heading down to Spartenburg South Carolina, with another member on this board, to attend the BMW Performance Driving School. I'm extremely excited, but have no idea what to expect. I was told I'll be driving the M3 and M5 on their courses and will truly put these cars and my driving skills to the test.

Has anyone does this school at Spartenburg? Any tips or suggestions?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Here's my tip...

Bring some sort of topical muscle relaxer cream so you can relax those Charmenian facial muscles after they spend the entire time grinning from ear-to-ear!

Have a blast!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
In 10 days, I'm heading down to Spartenburg South Carolina, with another member on this board, to attend the BMW Performance Driving School. I'm extremely excited, but have no idea what to expect. I was told I'll be driving the M3 and M5 on their courses and will truly put these cars and my driving skills to the test.

Ummm...where was my invite?

Have a blast. This is on my list of things to do.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Enjoy C. This is definitely something that I would love to do. I have to find a client to take.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

ahhh, brings back good memories. Enjoy, it is an excilarating experience.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I'm assuming you and K are heading down there....enjoy you two
Old 06-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Prepare to have a blast is all I can say. You'll actually get time behind the wheel of the M5, M6 and M3. There are 3 sessions before lunch and 3 more afterwards with activities ranging from the skid pad, to timed laps around designated course sections. To top off the day, you get to take a "hot lap" with one of the instructors. The experience will leave you in awe of their skill and abilities, as well as the capabilities of these vehicles. My only regret, and don't take this the wrong way, was taking a guest. That means you split seat time, so you spend half the day in the passenger's seat. Nonetheless, it's a great experience to share with a good friend/significant other. The accommodations are pretty top notch too.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by JDoug550
Prepare to have a blast is all I can say. You'll actually get time behind the wheel of the M5, M6 and M3. There are 3 sessions before lunch and 3 more afterwards with activities ranging from the skid pad, to timed laps around designated course sections. To top off the day, you get to take a "hot lap" with one of the instructors. The experience will leave you in awe of their skill and abilities, as well as the capabilities of these vehicles. My only regret, and don't take this the wrong way, was taking a guest. That means you split seat time, so you spend half the day in the passenger's seat. Nonetheless, it's a great experience to share with a good friend/significant other. The accommodations are pretty top notch too.
Very cool. I'm really stoked. I'm the guest, so too bad for poleposition. Hahahaha!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Contributors

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!! I am sitting here in the delivery room, while a friend takes delivery of his new BMW. Earlier this morning, we took an M3 out on the track for the Performance Driving School. We did it all. What a blast! These cars are truly amazing. We ended the track day by taking some X5's on their off-road track, which was amazing too. I have a much better appreciation for both cars that I own. Once we're done with delivery, we're going with the instructor in the M5 Ring Taxi to do a lap around the track with him driving.

I am HOOKED! I need to come back and do the rest of their driving schools. What a great place!

I Highly recommend this for every person on this forum. Take delivery of your new BMW down here! Trust me.

PS - Our hotel, dinner, and transportation to and from (in a new X5 of course) was all paid for. What a great experience. And for those that want to do ED, we had a guy in our group that did ED on his new M3, had it shipped to this plant in South Carolina, did the school with us and is now driving it home to Houston. He put 600 miles on the M3 in Europe and will hit another 1000 miles on his way home, which will allow him to unleash the beast and pass the break-in period.

We're heading back to NY in a few hours and driving straight. 780 miles baby I have a ton of pix and a ton of vids and will post this weekend, on a new thread.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer

C, get ready to really enjoy life! I've been down twice now and BMW treats you like royalty (ofcourse!)

You'll drive the M3, the M5, and the M6 on different courses to learn different skills.

Here's a few thoughts and pix to get excited about from my trip last fall with several other members.......
http://bimmerdrivers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3645

enjoy and take lots of pix!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone been to the BMW Performance Driving School?