Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: Where in South Asia are you from?
India
43.75%
Pakistan
12.50%
Bangladesh
37.50%
Other (Bhutan,Nepal, Srilanka,Burma)
6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Any of you e60 Drivers from South Asia or ethnically South Asian?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='546922' date='Mar 18 2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Sahil,

I just drive 5-6Kms a day on weekdays so the power of 530i was exactly what I needed - weekends is going to be a different story though Also dude I think the difference in performance is quite a bit (in my humble opinion) between 525d and 530i - considering I will be touching 250Kmph very often on the Puna Expressway

I am going to trade my 18s for 19s - M166 with PS2's + M5 Kit with Carbon Fiber diffuser (everything already ordered). If you like 18s I can sell mine to you instead of giving them to the dealership. My first Beemer is going to be the baddest car in Amchi Mumbai Dude.. cant wait to get it

Hi Saad - In India the 530i comes with almost all options (xenons, sunroof etc. etc) - I am going to get the blue tooth kit and seriously considering getting the brushed steel trim to go with my PG

Cheers Guys
Hey Suchet,

The reason i mentioned that the performance is the same is because i test drove both cars and witnessed it myself. Like i said the 530i has been detuned in India to match the poor petrol quality here. All the petrol engines have been detuned whereas the diesel can handle the bad fuel quality without detuning as the impurties are let of in smoke if any. You can check Autocar India's test comparo between the 530i vs 525d and you will be suprised with the figures, at times the 525d is actually faster thanks to its 400nm of torque(which personally i find more fun to drive) ! Nonetheless both cars are brillllliant and performers!

Honestly the power within Mumbai doesnt matter coz we dont really have the roads, i get frustrated with so much power on tap but no roads to use it. My car frequently gets on the expressway as my factory is in Poona. Thats when i really open her up and i did touch 250km/hr without any hestitation from the engine.

Let me know how the M5 converstion kit goes, i was considering a similar kit too in the future Plan to get a remap too, then the performance is a different ball game

The showroom is going to give you a very bad buy-back on the tyres and alloys, not sure if i am interest in them as of now but do get in touch when you are looking to get rid of them.

I wanted to change my RFTs to regular tubeless but the buy back rates that i was offered was ridiculous so i am sticking with these until they wear out.

Also, you mentioned you want to kick some merc ass... dont worry that will come naturally and very easily haha... i have been having a blasttt making E280s eat my dust.

Are you getting the car from Navnit or Infinity Motors?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by Sahil' post='547200' date='Mar 19 2008, 05:26 AM
Hey Suchet,

The reason i mentioned that the performance is the same is because i test drove both cars and witnessed it myself. Like i said the 530i has been detuned in India to match the poor petrol quality here. All the petrol engines have been detuned whereas the diesel can handle the bad fuel quality without detuning as the impurties are let of in smoke if any. You can check Autocar India's test comparo between the 530i vs 525d and you will be suprised with the figures, at times the 525d is actually faster thanks to its 400nm of torque(which personally i find more fun to drive) ! Nonetheless both cars are brillllliant and performers!

Honestly the power within Mumbai doesnt matter coz we dont really have the roads, i get frustrated with so much power on tap but no roads to use it. My car frequently gets on the expressway as my factory is in Poona. Thats when i really open her up and i did touch 250km/hr without any hestitation from the engine.

Let me know how the M5 converstion kit goes, i was considering a similar kit too in the future Plan to get a remap too, then the performance is a different ball game

The showroom is going to give you a very bad buy-back on the tyres and alloys, not sure if i am interest in them as of now but do get in touch when you are looking to get rid of them.

I wanted to change my RFTs to regular tubeless but the buy back rates that i was offered was ridiculous so i am sticking with these until they wear out.

Also, you mentioned you want to kick some merc ass... dont worry that will come naturally and very easily haha... i have been having a blasttt making E280s eat my dust.

Are you getting the car from Navnit or Infinity Motors?

can you get the remap done in Mumbai?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='547386' date='Mar 19 2008, 02:38 AM
can you get the remap done in Mumbai?
Yes there is one company www.petes.in very professional people who do remaps for diesel engines. They import the diesel tuning chips from belgian company PSI Motorsport.
Currently they are testing the box for the LCI 525d.
There are several other tuners in Mumbai who offer various products and remaps, there is a huge market for diesel tuning off late. Both the E-class and 5 series diesel engines are the highest selling out of their offering,for the reasons mentioned above and also the price diff...Diesel costs Rs.36 while Petrol costs Rs.50!
Hope somone gets the DMS remaping to Bombay that would be ammmmmmazing.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Contributors

Hi Sahil,

I agree with you that torque in the diesel is better and its a much more economical plus our infrastructure is horrible so it doesn't really matter but I have always been a petrol-head and prefer smoothness of the petrol engine so the diesel logic doesn't factor inti my brain. When I get my car we MUST do a quater mile drag race to settle this once and for all

I like your plans for the remap.. I just wish our government lowered the duty on cars so we could get our moneys worth.. the new M3 is the car I actually wanted but on road its coming to 1Cr + :thumbsdown:

I am getting my tries from Safi and Rims from the US; Safi is a good guy and has given me good deals on my stock tires but I just might keep the 18's in storage just in case I want some options in the future.

Getting my car from Infinity Motors.. who did you use?? Navnit takes foreverrrr to get back with any kind of info and they don't even have a test drive car

Cheers
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='547397' date='Mar 19 2008, 03:49 AM
Hi Sahil,

I agree with you that torque in the diesel is better and its a much more economical plus our infrastructure is horrible so it doesn't really matter but I have always been a petrol-head and prefer smoothness of the petrol engine so the diesel logic doesn't factor inti my brain. When I get my car we MUST do a quater mile drag race to settle this once and for all

I like your plans for the remap.. I just wish our government lowered the duty on cars so we could get our moneys worth.. the new M3 is the car I actually wanted but on road its coming to 1Cr + :thumbsdown:

I am getting my tries from Safi and Rims from the US; Safi is a good guy and has given me good deals on my stock tires but I just might keep the 18's in storage just in case I want some options in the future.

Getting my car from Infinity Motors.. who did you use?? Navnit takes foreverrrr to get back with any kind of info and they don't even have a test drive car

Cheers
Sure i am up for the drag anytime, may the best man/car win ..haha

But i think you did make a good decision, i probably would have got the 530i too if i were in your place and not have a very high useage. Like i said i debated over this for a long time too and it was a verrry hard for me to decide. I got my car from Infinity too, Abhimanyu made the decision easier for me and helped me pick out the 525d.

Navnit havent been too aggressive of late, i am actually getting another 525d in the upcoming few months and going back to Infinity for it because they have provided a good level of service.

Saifee is the best bet when it comes to tyres, i actually called him first when i thought about exchaning my RFTs for tubeless but even he gave me a horrible buy back price as there is not many takers for it.

Btw i know of someone who got the first M3 in India and he paid about 80 lakhs with options i think. He is on the other forum i mentioned to you over PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sahil' post='547407' date='Mar 19 2008, 03:09 AM
Sure i am up for the drag anytime, may the best man/car win ..haha

But i think you did make a good decision, i probably would have got the 530i too if i were in your place and not have a very high useage. Like i said i debated over this for a long time too and it was a verrry hard for me to decide. I got my car from Infinity too, Abhimanyu made the decision easier for me and helped me pick out the 525d.

Navnit havent been too aggressive of late, i am actually getting another 525d in the upcoming few months and going back to Infinity for it because they have provided a good level of service.

Saifee is the best bet when it comes to tyres, i actually called him first when i thought about exchaning my RFTs for tubeless but even he gave me a horrible buy back price as there is not many takers for it.

Btw i know of someone who got the first M3 in India and he paid about 80 lakhs with options i think. He is on the other forum i mentioned to you over PM.
Happy Birthday Dude.. Live Long and Prosper!

I have seen that white M3 around in Puna and Mumbai... looks pretty awesome. Infinity is getting a Grey M3 in April which I will be allowed to Test drive.... its going to be pretty sweet.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

wish our tax rate was same as last year, our current tax rate is 560% over Invoice value for vehicles overrrrrrr 3500cc , so its impossible to buy something like that now....
Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='547439' date='Mar 19 2008, 07:33 AM
wish our tax rate was same as last year, our current tax rate is 560% over Invoice value for vehicles overrrrrrr 3500cc , so its impossible to buy something like that now....
Holy Crap !! 560% ! And i thought Indian importy duty has high, this is completly ridiculous.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sahil' post='547518' date='Mar 19 2008, 09:58 PM
Holy Crap !! 560% ! And i thought Indian importy duty has high, this is completly ridiculous.

vehicle from 0-1600 CC 92%
vehicle from 1601-2700 CC 148%
vehicle from 2701 - 3500 CC 171 %
Vehicle Above 3501 CC 560%

Used vehicle allowed only from countrtu of origin
Cars above 1600 CC cannot be imported USED
SUVS any cc allowed but has to come from country of origin

Used cars can get up to 35% depreciation of value then X the duty percentage = DUTY
Used SUVS get up to 45% Depreciation of value X Duty Percentage = Duty

Depreciation is about 10% for each year and only cars and suvs can be imported up to 4 years old

so you can see we are screwed.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='547531' date='Mar 19 2008, 12:13 PM
vehicle from 0-1600 CC 92%
vehicle from 1601-2700 CC 148%
vehicle from 2701 - 3500 CC 171 %
Vehicle Above 3501 CC 560%

Used vehicle allowed only from countrtu of origin
Cars above 1600 CC cannot be imported USED
SUVS any cc allowed but has to come from country of origin

Used cars can get up to 35% depreciation of value then X the duty percentage = DUTY
Used SUVS get up to 45% Depreciation of value X Duty Percentage = Duty

Depreciation is about 10% for each year and only cars and suvs can be imported up to 4 years old

so you can see we are screwed.
Dude - I cant imagine 560% Duty.. you guys are totally screwed. This is the last time I bitch about us Indians paying 150% Duty...

Quick Reply: Any of you e60 Drivers from South Asia or ethnically South Asian?