Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Any Scuba Divers Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who's into Scuba diving around here? Any suggestions on your favorite dive sites?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Guest_kscarrol_*

Yes, but it has been a while. Used to go often back in college, but kind of got away from it when I got a real job and then the kids came. Depends how much travelling you're willing to do. Most of my experience is in the Florida Keys, but it's been so long I couldn't give you any names etc. A group of my friends used to go to Key Largo frequently and camp at a camp ground and dive during the day and go out at night. Needless to say, bringing a girl back to your tent was an interesting challenge! Have also done several cave dives in Florida, mostly in the panhandle, where springs have carved out some really neat caves. Not real dangerous, follow a rope type cave diving, mostly large underground caverns. I've never been, but friends have been to Grand Cayman and raved about the diving there as well.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Members

I'm a relatively new diver. I had my certification 2 years ago and only been on a few dive trips since then. I've been to Cayman and Cozumel. Very nice.

I've been reading a lot about Palau and the Philippines and am thinking about making the trip.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

jenny good choice.... ive been to boracay in the philippines... not for scuba ..but i did alot off deep snokeling crystal clear and very calm...... good luck
Old 03-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

I've been certified for about 20 years and used to go quite often. Not so much now. I spent allot of time on the Caymans, especially Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Bloody Bay Wall is spectacular. Knowing that you are diving on a wall that plunges to 20,000 fet is a strange feeling.

Also dove some islands of Honduras, including Roatan (sp?). Great diving, certainly closer than the Phillipines, but there was civil unrest at the time. That was 15 years ago and I think things are safe know.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I've been diving in France (Bretagne) somewhen back in the 1980's and it wasn't that much fun. Atlantic ocean over here is too cold and rough and not much to see.
I just have been in Hawaii. It is very beautiful there. All kinds of fishes, turtles, whales, reefs, a corsair wreck, wall dives... Very good visibility and perfect water temperatures. One day I was even diving in shorts.
The scuba diving places my customers are going to are the Maledives, the Seychelles and some other places in the Indian Ocean. Thailand in example has a lot of beautifull diving sites.
As mentioned above the Florida keys and the Carribean Ocean have a lot of awsome diving sites too.
I wold not recommend the Atlantic Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

The Maldives are spectacular - or rather they were before the tsunami

Unforunately have not dived for 5 years - since the kids were born - and I am itching to get back to it.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

I'm a recreational Padi certified diver, nothing special. Do dive only on Holliday's.
I got my certificate in Cairns Australia and did numerous dives in the Great Barrier Reef. By doing so I got spoiled, it's so beautiful there!
I've been diving in Maledives, Thailand, Cuba, Bali and Lombok (Indonesia) Egypt
For us Europeans Egypt is cheap, easy and relatively nice for a dive Holliday.
Looks like a lot but as said always during Hollidays.
In May i'll be in Mexico and have a splash there.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Jet Black, Black Dakota, Sport Package with all the goodies, NAV, Satelite radio, comfort seats, Logic7, Cold weather, Dark wood trim, Delivered March 15, 2005

My quick fix for scuba is in Monterey or the Channel Islands off the California Coast since I live in California. My last dive was in the Galapagos: http://homepage.mac.com/uwphoto/iMovieTheater38.html
Darwins Arch was amazing with the hammerheads.

I'm wanting to get back in the water soon.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Apr 1 2005, 03:59 PM
The Maldives are spectacular - or rather they were before the tsunami
[snapback]109834[/snapback]
They still are. The Tsunami didn't do that much damage. Even in Thailand everything is OK under water. Some damage of course, but still beautiful. And some places even better than before, because there are not so many tourists right now...

Quick Reply: Any Scuba Divers Here