Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

America's 10 Most Confusing Traffic Signs

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D
Cool

http://www.whipnotic.com/latest/americas-1...ffic-signs.html

10.) Circle!

Official Meaning of Sign: There is a traffic circle up ahead.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: OMG, circles are awesome and everywhere. Let's do a circle right now!
Where it's Located: Allaire Circle on Route 34, New Jersey

9.) You Should Probably Just Turn Off The Car And Walk

Official Meaning of Sign: Drivers in the left lane can only make a sharp left; drivers in the lane second from the left turn either a secondmost sharp or a slightly less sharp left; drivers in the center lane make a fourthmost sharp left; drivers in the right-of-center lane turn the fifthmost sharp left or go straight; drivers in the far right lane go straight or right.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: Just follow along with the general pattern of traffic and hope you don't die.
Where it's Located: San Francisco, California

8.) Yield To Bikes

Official Meaning of Sign: Yield to bikes when approaching the new lane.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: Yield to people doing wheelies, backwards, into traffic.
Where it's Located: Seattle, Washington

7.) Stop Don't Stop

Official Meaning of Sign: Stop and then, as you proceed, do not stop. If you are a commercial vehicle you can actually stop, though it says you can't, on the right side for 30 minutes.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: Just slowly roll through, trying to load or unload for no longer than 30 minutes.
Where it's Located: Fresno, California

6.) Define "Very Light"

Official Meaning of Sign: You can only turn left if there isn't much traffic on a street called "Aviation."
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: As this photo is near the airport, if you don't know "Aviation St." is a thoroughfare, the sign means "look up to see how many planes are landing or taking off before attempting a left." If you know "Aviation" is a road try explaining to the police officer what your definition of "very light" is.
Where it's Located: Los Angeles, California

5.) The Michigan Left

Official Meaning of Sign: Take a Michigan Left by going down the street and then making a U-turn to go left.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: As opposed to the typical Michigan Left sign, this one seems to indicate that the State of Michigan is trying to trick you into not taking the obvious left turn in front of you.
Where it's Located: Marquette, Michigan

4.) Take A Right At Montreal

Official Meaning of Sign: Go straight for Montreal Avenue, the other direction for Montreal Way and take a left for Montreal Circle.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: People in St. Paul, Minnesota are not exceptionally creative.
Where it's Located: St. Paul, Minnesota

3.) So That's How You Merge

Official Meaning of Sign: Merge from the left lane to the center lane or turn left.
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: The government of Dekalb doesn't think its citizens understand how a merge works and require overly complex drawings to explain very common driving situations.
Where it's Located: Dekalb, Illinois

2.) All Other Times

Official Meaning of Sign: The right three lanes are open during rush hour, the right line is only open from 3:30 pm to 9:30 pm except for that period between 6:30 in the morning and 9:30 at night. The right two lanes are open from 9:30 pm to 6:30 am. The far left lane is lava (we think).
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: City planners in the District of Columbia either do not understand the difference between am and pm or it's up to drivers to guess which lanes are open when. The far left lane is lava (yeah, we're sticking to this).
Where it's Located: Washington, D.C.

1.) Driving A Truck With Higher Than A 10,000 lb. GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) Is Not Fun

Official Meaning of Sign: Trucks over 10,000 pounds are not permitted to turn around ? maybe?
Unofficial Meaning of Sign to Us: Big trucks are not allowed to drive on their roofs. Big trucks are not allowed to flip over. Everyone else is either allowed to drive on their roofs or flip over.
Where it's Located: Seattle, WA
Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

= no drinking and driving ................burp !
Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

10 reasons for SAT NAV?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Makes me glad it's only on vacation, that I have to drive in the U.S
Old 09-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

??? ???
Old 09-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Insane.....
Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

lol
Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

LMAO
Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='665880' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:33 PM
= no drinking and driving ................burp !
Those signs caused me to realize that I NEED A DRINK!

Quick Reply: America's 10 Most Confusing Traffic Signs