Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Almost got arrested tonight

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='837137' date='Apr 5 2009, 12:16 PM
thank you... it is much appreciated. I am dating a lawyer and she might be offended if i get advice elsewhere, but... i will always be an E60 member, I may not always be dating her.
I wouldn't let HER know THAT!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='838132' date='Apr 6 2009, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't let HER know THAT!
yeah. i prob shouldnt have written that.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='838014' date='Apr 6 2009, 02:12 PM
if you get stopped, i hear if you yell to the cop "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!?!" they get the point and leave you be. if they dont, throw in a "I CAN BUY YOU!" that usually will do the trick. if he gives you a ticket, dont forget to say "YOU'LL REGRET THIS, YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!"
You forgot to mention that right after "YOU'LL REGRET THIS, YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!" you're supposed to say "YOU"LL BE LUCKY IF YOU"LL BE ABLE TO FIND A JOB FLIPPING BURGERS AFTER I'M DONE WITH YOU!"
Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Marc,

Try this next time.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

A little bit of an overreaction, but at least they were trying to do their job. Better safe than sorry. I did see you said they haven't been doing their jobs lately, but perhaps this is a new guys who is actually doing their job and are unfamiliar with the people in the neighborhood. Give the guy some credit. If you were in the guards position, wouldn't you do your job and question the people just to be safe, and possibly save your job (esp with the recession we are in)?

What was your parents reactions to your first ticket?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by BMW530ifan' post='838619
What was your parents reactions to your first ticket?
Hahaha, yea......... my mom was very close to forcing my dad to sell my car......
Old 04-07-2009, 04:21 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='838570' date='Apr 7 2009, 01:05 AM
Hahaha
Old 04-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='835912' date='Apr 4 2009, 01:00 AM
So 3 friends of mine are over and were just hanging out. So we get kinda bored and decide to go for a walk on my road.
We get to the end of the road and suddenly a patrol car pulls up and puts on his brights. He jumps out of the car and tells us to go sit infront of his car and he will get to us.
(BTW one of my friends is an idiot and he hid in the bushes before the patrol car got there because he wanted to scare us)
So we sit there on the ground and he is in the bushes and the patrol does not know that there is a 4th person and that he is hiding in the bushes.
So the guy talks to us and asks us for I.D. and what we are doing walking around without I.D. at 12am. I tell him I live up the street and that he could check my name. Luckily recognized the name when I told him my last name and he said he would let us go and that we are lucky we are not getting arrested.

So he says he would follow us home with his car (keep in mind my friend is still in the bushes)
So my friend walks out and he stops again and starts interrogating my friend. "Here we go again"
I talk to him and apologize for my friend being an idiot and we keep walking home.

Just thought I would share this story to let you guys know to have I.D. if you plan on taking a stroll at 12am.
This is the second time I have almost been arrested. The first time was when I got my speeding ticket and I was out 2 hours past curfew.
Dude, my mistake, I just read the first line under your avatar, before. I thought you were in Germany, but you're really in Florida. Oh, man, that changes everything. The cop was an ass, in my opinion. There's no requirement anywhere in the USA where we have to carry an ID. Exceptions are when you drive you must carry a driver's license and car registration.

As citizen/residents of this country, we're only obligated to tell our names and address when questioned by police and that's it. You don't have to show an ID, you don't have to tell him why you're where you are and you have a right to get his badge number and file a complaint with his chief. He has no right to arrest you, search you, or follow you unless there's something visible about you that can give him probable cause, like the handle of a gun sticking out of your pocket or you reek of alcohol or weed. Man, sorry to hear about your predicament.

I think many Americans have this misconception that cops are gods and can do and tell people to do whatever they want. Although I have a great deal of respect for cops for putting their lives on the line to protect us, I also understand that many of our forefathers have died in battle to protect and preserve the rights of every American citizen or legal resident. In fact, our brothers and sisters are still dying in Iraq and Afghanistan to preserve our freedom and I'll be damned if I give up that freedom or those rights so easily.

Every American should read and be familiar with this:

http://www.aclu.org/police/gen/14528res20040730.html

Asserting your rights is NOT a crime.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Contributors

dont believe everything you read on the ACLU website, although that information appears to be accurate
Old 04-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='836087' date='Apr 4 2009, 09:51 AM
Hate to say this, but if 3-4 adults were walking around my neighborhood at midnight I would welcome the police, a community watch patrol, or a rent-a-cop service stopping to ask a few questions.

It may be an intrusion to some but in today's world it IS better to be safe than sorry!
+1

Quick Reply: Almost got arrested tonight