Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

To all my fellow forum members from Greece

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Rudy, I hope so, not necessarily kicking, just walking as good as before, I was very lucky with the break, no bolts and iron band used, as they use to do on fibula break situations... like this poor guy's leg here
red line represents my own case

To all my fellow forum members from Greece-dsc00002_l2.jpg

Thanks Tasso

Hronia polla Andy!!! Andreas > megali giorti stin Ellada.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 5er Sport' post='498461' date='Nov 24 2007, 06:17 PM
Hey guys

Me and my wife have a trip planned to Greece next summer (August). We will be staying 4 nights in Mykonos and 3 nights in Santorini and 1 night in Athens. Do you have suggestions on things to see, places to go, good restaurants, clubs, etc.?

Nicke60gre, Katheikia,

Also non-greek forum members can chime in if you have any suggestions from previous trips

Rich
Rich, believe me, you need no suggestions when visiting these two islands. Just drive around and enjoy the contrast of nature, gold-white (mykonos) and black-red beaches (santorini)
About Athens now, follow Andy's suggestions, he knows things very well, that's enough for 1night visit
Old 12-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='501701' date='Dec 2 2007, 04:42 AM
Rich, believe me, you need no suggestions when visiting these two islands. Just drive around and enjoy the contrast of nature, gold-white (mykonos) and black-red beaches (santorini)
About Athens now, follow Andy's suggestions, he knows things very well, that's enough for 1night visit
Nick and Andy thank you for your suggestions.

Nick i wish you a speedy recovery and it's good to hear that your father is doing better.

One more questions, Should i rent a car during my stay at both islands?

Thanks
Rich
Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by 5er Sport' post='501764' date='Dec 2 2007, 10:49 AM

Thanks
Rich
Nah, just borrow Nick's car -- he won't mind, right Nick?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 5er Sport' post='501764' date='Dec 2 2007, 05:49 PM
Nick and Andy thank you for your suggestions.

Nick i wish you a speedy recovery and it's good to hear that your father is doing better.

Thanks
Rich
Thanks Rich!

I would definitely rent a motorbike, at this time period you're referring on, but a small car would work too ...if you're patient enough, but you will have to walk most of the times to go down the beaches, especially in Mykonos.

August is the most "tourism busy" month in Greece.

Here is a pic of the crowd in Superparadise - Mykonos ...and it is only May!!

To all my fellow forum members from Greece-dscn4578_low.jpg
Old 12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='501796' date='Dec 2 2007, 06:56 PM
Nah, just borrow Nick's car -- he won't mind, right Nick?
Hahaha Rudy, sure, why not?

He won't be able to travel for even 200m long with this car in the narrow streets of Mykonos.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='501827' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:13 PM
Hahaha Rudy, sure, why not?

He won't be able to travel for even 200m long with this car in the narrow streets of Mykonos.

Thanks for the info Nick! After seeing that crowd of people i would be better off renting a Nissan Micra
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

if you like to party till morning then you'll love mykonos. think cancun and vegas but for MUCH richer and beautiful people.

it is ridiculously crowded in august, so be warned. clubs?....lots of them; space, el pecado...etc, you cant miss them, just walk around mykonos town and you'll see the crowds / loud music...just be sure not to walk into a gay club (theres quite a few LOL). outside of the town are 'cavo paradiso' (but i think that opens at 3am or so and goes till the morning) and 'paradise club'; both located on paradise beach. or you could just lounge on paradise beach all day and wait till the party starts when the sun goes down at the bars they have on paradise beach, party like crazy for a few hours then go back to your hotel room for a nap and go have dinner before another night of clubbing.
restaurants? ive been to 'sea satin' under the windmills and some other italian restaurant on the water in little venice (forgot its name)...and they were both ok, but im just as satisfied having a gyro to eat as going to a very fancy restaurant. sea satin though was surprisingly expensive for what we ate...we're talking 5 star NYC restaurant prices...but its a 'scene' (ie; lots of models and rich old men....bill gates was there when i went), so i guess that explains the prices.
i wouldnt rent a car (not worth the price), but if you want to explore the island, then u can rent a moped if you like (but if u dontk know how to ride one i would avoid them....i had a VERY nasty accident one year on one when i was in college)....but there are buses on mykonos that run all day and almost all night long. if its really late at night, they have plenty of taxis in mykonos town.
my fav hotel is 'petasos beach' ... ive been staying there for 10 years and cant wait to go back. youre steps away from the beach, and you can take little boats to paradise and super-paradise beaches....MUCH cooler than taking the buses or moped/car. also the new rooms there are very cool....they have whirlpool baths and steam/sauna showers....some of the uber-expensive rooms even have their own swimming pools.
if you want to see ancient ruins then a daytrip via ferry to delos is cool...ive never been (am always too busy chasing girls every time i go there LOL), but my older brother went last summer and he liked it.

i havent been to santorini in a few years so i cant be of much help...but its not really a party island, more romantic and for couples. the views are breathtaking there. be sure to see the sunset in oia and go to the volcano.

hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

also forgot to add, if youre going in august be sure to get to the beach EARLY!!!!!! like 10am early. as nicks picture shows, the beaches get crowded fast.

have fun....im sure youre gonna looooooove greece (everyone does!!!!)
Old 12-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Hi guys, I want to go over Xmas and New Year to Athens to visit friends.. travel from Italy by ferry to Patras.. any suggestions? Should I prepare for something special on the way? Take the highway from Patras to Athens or go scenic roads? I look forward to go to Greece, I like it very much!

Quick Reply: To all my fellow forum members from Greece