Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Action Pact Brazillian GP

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who do you guys think is the REAL winner?..
Did Glock slowed down on purpose on the last corner to allow Hamilton to pass?..
Old 11-04-2008, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Sure.

And good old Bernie paid the weathergod to have a close finish in the rain...

C'mon...

Old 11-04-2008, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

This thing can never be sure. I mean who can for sure say that it was one way or the other?! Those who certainly make bold statements in this regard, are probably blinded by their subjectiveness or 'knowledge'.

It doesn't really matter what happened. Hamilton is the champion and that's that. Rest is speculation.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

No complaints from any officials, governing body or Ferrari... and considering how officials have been hounding Hamilton this year, if there had been the slightest hint of foul play, a complaint would have been lodged.

The two Toyota's were the only two cars on dry tyres, and Glock 's last lap was faster than his team mate who was also on the dry tyres... The Toyota's gambled cos they had nothing to lose and it didn't pay off and unfortunately for them it didn't pay off...
Old 11-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='711923' date='Nov 4 2008, 05:48 PM
No complaints from any officials, governing body or Ferrari... and considering how officials have been hounding Hamilton this year, if there had been the slightest hint of foul play, a complaint would have been lodged.

The two Toyota's were the only two cars on dry tyres, and Glock 's last lap was faster than his team mate who was also on the dry tyres... The Toyota's gambled cos they had nothing to lose and it didn't pay off and unfortunately for them it didn't pay off...
Exactly.

Got that, BetterMakeWay?
Old 11-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Members

What i think is that maybe Glock and Hamilton have good days back in the GP2, so maybe he wanted his good old friend to win the championship title..

Just some of what i think..
Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Seems kind of funny that Timo was flying and seemingly sticking to the track better than Lewis the last few laps...and just a few corners from the finish line, lost all grip?? I don't buy it.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Senior Members

Honestly, you have to be little crazy to think Glock let Vettel and Hamilton just cruise right on by. If only they had video of Glock on his final lap, he was walking a fine line with his dry tires.

If you didn't notice on the final turn when Vettel and Hamilton finally caught up and passed Timo. You can see Glock trying to put down the power, but his car is all over the place.

Toyota doesn't have the largest budget in F1 to have drivers just give two positions away.

Similar to when Heidfeld passed all those cars in the rain on the last lap of the Spa race, to get a podium out of no where. He came in for wets, while the front runners stayed on drys.

Really it doesn't matter. Kimi gave Massa free points in China, to even give Massa that chance in Brazil.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by ITNurse' post='713506' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:38 PM
Seems kind of funny that Timo was flying and seemingly sticking to the track better than Lewis the last few laps...and just a few corners from the finish line, lost all grip?? I don't buy it.
Glock was quicker on that last lap than the only other car on the track on dry tires - which was the other Toyota. Dry tires have little to no grip when wet and cold. Times for drivers on dry tires slowed over the final few laps - as the tires progressively lost heat in the wet conditions. Had Toyota done what every other team did, and bring their drivers in for more appropriate tires, Glock would have been behind Hamilton in any event rendering the argument about his track position entirely academic. Toyota gambled otherwise, and got it wrong, leaving Glock powerless to stop Hamilton (and others) from passing him. Glock was clearly having difficulty remaining on the track as he navigated the final corners. What's so hard to understand about that?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by swajames' post='713617' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:47 AM
What's so hard to understand about that?
I dunno...

In any case: it's over, so stop this BS discussions.
It's like "who shot JFK?"...

Does it matter?

Quick Reply: Action Pact Brazillian GP