Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: What do you think about this action?
They are 100% right, it's illegal and bad for their business
53.49%
What's the point, Asia will proceed in making copies
20.93%
This is what happens when you make your products to expensive
25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

AC Schnitzer destroys wheel copies

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by maninblack' post='278949' date='May 7 2006, 11:52 AM
That is not a valid argument. You are suggesting it's okay to steal just because something is expensive. So would it be okay for a Chinese or Korean company to take a BMW, completely copy every aspect of it and sell it for half the price of a real BMW just because BMW's are expensive?
chinese / koreans don't have to steal the shape they'll probably buy it from BMW and make copies like they do with fords etc, anyhow lets face it wheels are wheels I've never heard of a rep collapsing the only difference is the finish and the longevity of it and in my exp we all get fed up looking at them after a while and change them which we could do probably 3 times for the price of the real ones anyhow I for one will not be bolstering AC or BMW coffers with their exorbinate prices................ just my opinion
I wonder how they came by these rims .any law enforcement agencies involved and how did they get them to crush after all they don;t belong to AC its just a publicity stunt so Ac too are decieving the public
Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='279225' date='May 7 2006, 08:43 PM
Isn't that the whole point of copying
Yeah, but some copies from Asia are done poorly and you can tell they are fake even from a distant.

Norham brought up a good point, maybe these are not replicas. They are probably genuine ACS but irregular or faulty. But I guess the red sign in the back eliminates that theory.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Originally Posted by norham' post='279248' date='May 8 2006, 12:56 AM
chinese / koreans don't have to steal the shape they'll probably buy it from BMW and make copies like they do with fords etc, anyhow lets face it wheels are wheels I've never heard of a rep collapsing the only difference is the finish and the longevity of it and in my exp we all get fed up looking at them after a while and change them which we could do probably 3 times for the price of the real ones anyhow I for one will not be bolstering AC or BMW coffers with their exorbinate prices................ just my opinion
I wonder how they came by these rims .any law enforcement agencies involved and how did they get them to crush after all they don;t belong to AC its just a publicity stunt so Ac too are decieving the public
It's the design they are stealing, not the sample they use to make the copy.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by norham' post='278922' date='May 7 2006, 02:52 AM
ever thought that they charge over the top in their prices which encourage the counterfieters and these are not replicas being destroyed its the faulty ones at the factory being recycled

If you think they are too expensive DONT BUY IT!

Just because robberies and murders happen and will happen should we just not enforce the laws?

If some punk thinks you spent too much money on your car and he is flat broke does that justify the vandalism he may commit on your car or the theft of it?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

does it make sense that there lip alone is $700...while BMW sells the full front bumper with fog lights and air ducts and alot of this for the same price.....same for the rims....do you really think that they cost that much to build....
take BMW...there M-kit is the most sold kit for the e60....yet no body has made a repilca...its because BMW has a good price,,,and anyone who makes a copy wont profit much of it, and cant sell that much cheaper...
i hate counterfits and prefer quality products...but sometimes...you have no choice....you can but 3 or 4 (probably half a dozen) sets for the price of one original...

nickolas_g: i think their products are overpriced and way to expensive...would never pay that much for an AC schnitzer...