Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Abe & Arthur's - NYC

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I took some clients to Abe & Arthurs tonight. I guess this is the new, hot, trendy restaurant in NYC. Food was decent and service was very good. It's in the space where Lotus used to be. I'm not a fan of the Meet Packing District anymore (too bridge and tunnel nowadays), but this place has definitely brought back some of the old vibe to that neighborhood. Was good to see.

If you haven't been, I would recommend trying it. Not cheap, but good fun.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Bridge and tunnel? More like tourist hell! But I don't mind it too much about twice a year that I do make it out there.

Thanks for the recommendation, guess I may make it 3 times this year
Old 03-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

what kind of food C?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by melimel
what kind of food C?
Steak. Franklin Becker is the head chef. Prior to A&A, he was at Sheridan Square.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

The area has changed, but here are still some great restaurants. Del Posto is one of my favorites in NYC.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
I took some clients to Abe & Arthurs tonight.
hope you don't drive your clients around in your BMW(s)

they may want to renegotiate your contracts if they knew what's in the garage
Old 03-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Mike-
hope you don't drive your clients around in your BMW(s)

they may want to renegotiate your contracts if they knew what's in the garage
My BMW's rarely enter Manhattan. I, along with millions of others, take LIRR and/or Metro North to work each day. If I drove into work each day, I think I'd shoot myself. However, I did take one of my clients to the recent Exotics Turkey Run Rally. Afterall, his agency is the AOR for BMW and BMW is one of my clients . I was actually asked to be in a recent BMW ad campaign with pictures of my 2 cars, but I didn't turn the photo's around quick enough to the creative agency. That ad campaign is currently displayed in Times Square for outdoor and on TV. I could have been famous!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by robg
The area has changed, but here are still some great restaurants. Del Posto is one of my favorites in NYC.
I went there and to be honest we werent that impressed.. The food was good, but not "spectacular" like I had expected and I swear we were soo hungry when we still left. The portions are small, at least we felt they were and I could have downed an entire meal when I left that place.. I want to get "wow'd" at a restaurant and I havent been in a while..

edit.. you know what was good, our second time there......? Its called Bottino and its on 10th and I think its between 24th and 25th? Its small out front, but huge inside and has a beautiful space in the back. The food was amazing too.. Like I said I have only been there twice, but I would def go back..
Old 03-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by melimel
I went there and to be honest we werent that impressed.. The food was good, but not "spectacular" like I had expected and I swear we were soo hungry when we still left. The portions are small, at least we felt they were and I could have downed an entire meal when I left that place.. I want to get "wow'd" at a restaurant and I havent been in a while..
That's odd, I have never left any of the B&B restaurant hungry, and I have eaten in a lot of them. With an after dinner drink, I usually have to be rolled out.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Have any of you guys been to WD-50? It's Wylie Dufresne's restaurant. If you haven't been, I would highly recommend it. It's different than probably any place you have ever eaten at before. I would suggest doing the tasting menu for that evening. And have a camera on hand. You'll want to take pictures of what you're eating, to tell people what each dish is "actually" made up of.

He was actually one of the chef's on the Top Chef Masters series they did a while back.

Oh, and this place is not in the Meat Packing District. It's on the LES on Clinton.

BTW - Did I just create a restaurant review/recommendation thread for NYC? Why not!?!

Quick Reply: Abe & Arthur's - NYC