Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2010 Formula 1 stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010 | 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Ferrari fined 100k and referred to the disciplinary body after today's team order shenanigans...

The result probably ought not to have stood. You have to feel for Massa too.
Old 07-25-2010 | 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by swajames
Ferrari fined 100k and referred to the disciplinary body after today's team order shenanigans...

HAHA! Could Massa have made it more obvious? He'll probably offer to pay the fine from money he finds in his couch cushions. I'm sure he would consider it well worth it.
Old 07-26-2010 | 03:39 PM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

I DVR'd the race and didnt watch it until now; Massa was ROBBED! He was so upset during the interview the guy asked him 'what happened turn 6' and mass just said 'he passed me' when obviously he let up the gas and let alonso pass.

But its good to see another constructor like ferrari get back into it halfway through the season.
Old 07-28-2010 | 01:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by lim
I DVR'd the race and didnt watch it until now; Massa was ROBBED! He was so upset during the interview the guy asked him 'what happened turn 6' and mass just said 'he passed me' when obviously he let up the gas and let alonso pass.

But its good to see another constructor like ferrari get back into it halfway through the season.
you can say that again Massa was ROBBED!
Old 07-28-2010 | 02:01 AM
Contributors

Ferrari buckled to the pressure Alonso put on them. They didn't make Massa let Alonso go by for Ferrari's benefit. They just want to win the constructors title - that's their goal, so it doesn't make any difference which order the 1-2 win is. The drivers title is all the drivers really care about and clearly Alonso bullied them (who then bullied Massa) into this action. He tried it at McLaren when he expected Hamilton to behave like a #2 driver but the team weren't having it. That's the reason Alonso left McLaren a year early (he still had a year left on his contract).

I think Massa felt obliged considering that Ferrari had just given him a 2 year extension to his contract, and they had kept his seat open for him after that nasty accident a year ago.

This could all have been avoided if Rob Smedley (Massa's engineer) had delivered the instruction in some kind of coded message. Plus Massa would have had to fake a mistake. Taking a corner too fast and going onto the run-off area would have done the job. Nobody would have known it was a team order. But Smedley and Massa were no doubt both pissed off at what was being asked of them and instead put their own futures with Ferrari at risk by causing this shitstorm.

Ultimately though it's all Alonso's fault for being too much of a pussy to try and overtake Massa in a proper racing move.
Old 07-28-2010 | 03:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by DD_545i
Ferrari buckled to the pressure Alonso put on them. They didn't make Massa let Alonso go by for Ferrari's benefit. They just want to win the constructors title - that's their goal, so it doesn't make any difference which order the 1-2 win is. The drivers title is all the drivers really care about and clearly Alonso bullied them (who then bullied Massa) into this action. He tried it at McLaren when he expected Hamilton to behave like a #2 driver but the team weren't having it. That's the reason Alonso left McLaren a year early (he still had a year left on his contract).

I think Massa felt obliged considering that Ferrari had just given him a 2 year extension to his contract, and they had kept his seat open for him after that nasty accident a year ago.

This could all have been avoided if Rob Smedley (Massa's engineer) had delivered the instruction in some kind of coded message. Plus Massa would have had to fake a mistake. Taking a corner too fast and going onto the run-off area would have done the job. Nobody would have known it was a team order. But Smedley and Massa were no doubt both pissed off at what was being asked of them and instead put their own futures with Ferrari at risk by causing this shitstorm.

Ultimately though it's all Alonso's fault for being too much of a pussy to try and overtake Massa in a proper racing move.

Its the way they did it that is almost more of an issue than anything else. Alonso was putting him under pressure, so Massa could have easily faked it.
But then there's obviously the matter of pride and true spirit of racing, and more to the point that that Massa had an incredible start and deserved to be out front and hold on to that lead. I can understand why he did it that way, but would not expect someone with his experience to do it in that manner. I don't like Alonso for a host of reasons -- and he seems to add to that list of reasons every race at the moment, but Massa also went down in my opinion after what he did at the weekend. Totally unnecessary and no one in the team benefits from it. But hey, like CWS530 mentioned above, Massa will probably pay the fine with some loose change lying around and just think scr*w you Alonso and Ferrari.

But at least no-one had to drive into a wall this time to help Alonso win.
(At times I think they should rebrand it from F1 to the Muppet Show )

Anyway, I am not going to complain too much. I missed most of the race sleeping off my hangover from a "mexican" party the night before -- yes, way too much tequila!
Old 07-28-2010 | 03:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I missed most of the race sleeping off my hangover from a "mexican" party the night before -- yes, way too much tequila!
As long as you have your priorities right, that's the important thing :-) You didn't miss an exciting race that's for sure. Silverstone was much much better.

Originally Posted by xBMWx
(At times I think they should rebrand it from F1 to the Muppet Show )
Spain can be thankful that Alonso did it this last weekend and not on the world cup weekend, thus cancelling out a bit of Spain's joy. I can imagine Alonso doing a good impression of Animal - the drummer from the muppet show.

Old 07-28-2010 | 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

thanks mate, perfect!
Old 07-30-2010 | 05:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by swajames

"....we are exposing our lives and the reason for it is very simple, to succeed, to win, it's to get the thrill when you cross the finish line..in first place" Ayrton Senna da Silva
What is sad and ironic is that Massa almost paid the ultimate price a year ago to the day, but on this day, his team & teammate begrudged him that thrill.....they would have had to fire me.
Old 08-01-2010 | 09:59 AM
Contributors

How close was Schumacher to putting Barrichello into the wall at 200mph?

Quick Reply: 2010 Formula 1 stuff