Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2007 Austrailian GP

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

The 2007 Formula 1 season is upon us again. Looks like it will be another great season judging from the qualifying rounds at Melbourne, Australia.

Pole - K. Raikkonen (Ferrari)
2nd - F. Alonso (McLaren-Mercedes)
3rd - N. Heidfeld (BMW-Sauber)
4th - L. Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
5th - R. Kubica (BMW-Sauber)
6th - G. Fisichella (Renault)
7th - M. Weber (Red Bull-Renault)
8th - J. Trulli (Toyota)
9th - R. Schumacher (Toyota)
10th - T. Sato (Super Aguri-Honda)

I was disappointed to see Felipe Massa for team Ferrari end up with gearbox problems during qualifying.
The BMW's are quick! But they might have reliability issues. As this is their 2nd year, I hope they surprise everybody.
So far, the hard Bridgestone tires are holding up to driver's expectations.
Kimi and Fernando seem to be picking up where they left off last season which will make for very exciting races to watch...Michael who?

See you guys after the race.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

WOOOOOW Don't wana say i told you but hehehe....

Very very happy with the bmw qualifing. Let's just hope they do well in the race also.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Yes!
The BMW's ARE quick. Right from the start, Heidfeld launched from 3rd to 2nd. He finished 4th overall.
Also, Kubica was turning out quicker lap times than his teammate Heidfeld very early in the race, but dropped out. I stepped away from the TV when it happened. Does anyone remember if it was mechanical failure and if so what part of the car?

I'm sure most expected this: Kimi and Fernando are back at it again, one and two, respectively.
Surprise, surprise...a rookie gets on the podium in his F1 debut.
Felipe Massa gets my 'Afterburner' award. He started in 22nd position on the grid and ended up in 6th.

The second round is in Malaysia on April 8.

What a great way to start the season.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='404357' date='Mar 19 2007, 02:55 AM
Yes!
The BMW's ARE quick. Right from the start, Heidfeld launched from 3rd to 2nd. He finished 4th overall.
Also, Kubica was turning out quicker lap times than his teammate Heidfeld very early in the race, but dropped out. I stepped away from the TV when it happened. Does anyone remember if it was mechanical failure and if so what part of the car?

I'm sure most expected this: Kimi and Fernando are back at it again, one and two, respectively.
Surprise, surprise...a rookie gets on the podium in his F1 debut.
Felipe Massa gets my 'Afterburner' award. He started in 22nd position on the grid and ended up in 6th.

The second round is in Malaysia on April 8.

What a great way to start the season.
Yes, i am very happy with the results so far. Indeed great improvement. Now i wonder what they improved that much compared to the 2006 season, or maybe significant increments in all domains....
Anyway, i am sure the engine is very power full, and very rev happy. I hope it's reliable also and it seems the week link is the gearbox (SMG III memmories?! ). The gearbox was the reason Kubica had to abandon. I hope they sort those issues asap cuz it's a pity since the cars are fast, the drivers are good also and they currently have what it takes to win a race. I hope they do this in 2007.

Soon i think if they keep up this trend, we'll see a very very strong team. All they need in the future is a slightly better driver. Kubica is a stay imho, i think he has to yet prove himself.

Mclarens are strong too, and it seems they had a vast improvement compared to 2006, at least from the reliability point of view, although it's a bit early to comment on this, but the cars are fast. Kimi despite the fact i don't like him, he is very fast but we'll have yet to see how the tandem (kimi&ferarri) copes.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

that good BMW
I hope they keep up the good work.
just downloaded it will watch it tonight.
cant wait