Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!
View Poll Results: Who will win 2006 F1
Alonso
53.85%
Schumacher
46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

2006 F1 last race in Brazil

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='344211' date='Oct 12 2006, 07:13 PM
If I were Flav, this is what I'd do:

Put a special one race sweetheart of an engine into Giancarlo's car (like they did for Alonso in China last year) and send him out there with ONE objective: Win the race. If Fisi beats Schu to 1st place, what happens to Alonso becomes irrlevant - he wins. Also, this strategy would help Renault (who are more concerned with constructors title right now anyway) because if the team back Fisi to win, it will boost the Italian's confidence [remember he won in Brazil before (albiet an odd result)] and he has the ability and equipment to take the checkered = 10 pts. Renault. Then, you can bet Alonso isn't going to just sit back. He's almost as persistent as Schu, so he will do his best to beat/catch his teamate. Its a win-win.

As an aside:
I think its bulls@*t for Ferrari fans to think that Alonso's nearly foregone championship is the result of luck. Luck is Schu's six years without an engine failure. This is racing. The timing sucks for the red team, but don''t forget it happended to Alonso in Monza as he was burning through the field. C'est la vie.

I can't wait for Brazil.
Me too and i agree, although i think no Ferrari fan mental enough can think for real that Alonso might win out of luck (or the road to the championship was made out of luck). Sorry for being harsh.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

10-8 I was thing Alonso would have much more.
So I`m not the only Ferrari Fan.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

This sport is about luck and how much money you have nowadays. You don't see good old race from the old time like Senna vs Prost, two teammate fighting for positions now that's classic. There's hardly passing at all and all the camera focus is the first few cars.

Got bored of watching F1, used to be a big fan.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='344453' date='Oct 13 2006, 02:29 PM
This sport is about luck and how much money you have nowadays. You don't see good old race from the old time like Senna vs Prost, two teammate fighting for positions now that's classic. There's hardly passing at all and all the camera focus is the first few cars.

ya your right but I like the the suff before they race, the tec stuff and how they design the cars.

Its going to be even more boring to watch next year.

I engine design no mod, all same tyres. its all dow to the best driver not the tec stuff but there is still some tec stuff left.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='344460' date='Oct 13 2006, 02:47 PM
ya your right but I like the the suff before they race, the tec stuff and how they design the cars.

Its going to be even more boring to watch next year.

I engine design no mod, all same tyres. its all dow to the best driver not the tec stuff but there is still some tec stuff left.
If so it should be more interesting right? pure racing, not technology racing.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='344463' date='Oct 13 2006, 02:52 PM
If so it should be more interesting right? pure racing, not technology racing.
no because next year Alonso will win most of the time. No other driver is as fast as him.
BUT I hope there is more rain in the race next year more fun then
I that why Schumacher is not racing next year he will win again, and again...... if itis down to the driver.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='344453' date='Oct 13 2006, 02:29 PM

you should try this out itmuch more fun. Gumball 3000 2006

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=gumball

1-6
Old 10-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='344466' date='Oct 13 2006, 03:01 PM
no because next year Alonso will win most of the time. No other driver is as fast as him.
BUT I hope there is more rain in the race next year more fun then
I that why Schumacher is not racing next year he will win again, and again...... if itis down to the driver.
It will be interesting to see, I still don't think Alonso is the fastest in the bunch. He got the edge because his machine is better than the others.

Too soon to judge next year. I have to stay home to watch the last race.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='344472' date='Oct 13 2006, 03:13 PM
It will be interesting to see, I still don't think Alonso is the fastest in the bunch. He got the edge because his machine is better than the others.

Too soon to judge next year. I have to stay home to watch the last race.
ya your right when Alonso go to MB-M he will just have blow out all the time just like this year car
Old 10-13-2006, 03:20 AM
Senior Members

Hmm we make too many assuptions. Maybe Mclaren will come with a much more reliable engine/car. Teams have the time to prepare the cars. True that they didn't perform too well in this year but let's not anticipate.

And to reply to the car/engine combo i must say that the engine probably does 50% of the performance of the car and the other is 40% aerodynamics (leaving the driver aside)...so the teams have the resources to make the difference, there is no doubt and i bealive the next season will be very interesting (Alonso vs Kimi) and other preteneders aswell. I for one will keep a close eye on BMW's performance. Very pleased with the progress so far, they have to just keep the rythm. Also hope they dump Sauber for 2007 season.

Quick Reply: 2006 F1 last race in Brazil