Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2 two punks in BMW follow my wife home...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday, my wife called me panicking. Two home boys followed her home and pulled in behind her. They came to the window and asked her how I got the numbers off the car (debadged). As I taught her, she started with the "I don't speaka' English" (she's Japanese). As she hurried in the house with my son, the two home boys asked if she minds if they look in the window.

She said they looked a few minutes in and around the car and left. Her description of their car sounded like an older model M3, with the flared panels. I couple of BMW enthusiast I assume.

Anyway, three outcomes...

1. We went over our home / personal safety checklist again.

2. I made sure her mace / pepper spray keychain works. She's happy with that.

3. Now she only wants to drive a little beat Toyota she?s had since medical school. She refuses to drive the 5. i.e. I got my car back!

Not glad that it happened, but if you're out there, THANK YOU HOMEBOYS!
Old 06-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

If you were the driver I bet you'd be proud Unless these were some ruthless punks.. in which I doubt judging by your description.

Now.. on who did you test that pepper spray? Your wife?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

You can never be too careful - anywhere in the world. Anyway, glad to learn that all is well in the end.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

I have to admit, that is very unusual behaviour, even for an enthusiast. Those guys are taking a risk as well, you never know if the other person has a gun, feels threatened and decides to use it.

Now it it was a Lambo, Ferrari, or other exotic, I can see... But an E60??
Old 06-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Might want to tell your wife that if someone's following her that she doesn't know she should NEVER drive home. Never!

1st choice would be the local police/sheriff. 2nd would be some place very public and busy where there are lots of witnesses.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by BurgessMW' date='Jun 21 2005, 11:28 AM
Might want to tell your wife that if someone's following her that she doesn't know she should NEVER drive home.? Never!

1st choice would be the local police/sheriff.? 2nd would be some place very public and busy where there are lots of witnesses.
[snapback]141594[/snapback]
Good point! Had a similar incident happen to my wife a number of years ago, and she did head for the local police station. The other car bolted...
Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Only drive home if she has a gun and is ready to use it. LOL. Then you can shoot them w/o much trouble w/ the law.

Haha, j/k of course. Burgess is right, drive to the police station and have them ready on the cell phone!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

I would have been concerned that they wanted to jack the car. Maybe they actually did, but conditions weren't right, so they backed off with a lame excuse about de-badging. That's similar to what house prowlers will do if they find someone home. They say they are looking for their friend Jackie or some other nonsense. The previous comment suggesting going to a police station would certainly have been better than a confrontation. There's a lot of strung out meth heads driving around out there that do crazy stuff on impulse.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BurgessMW' date='Jun 21 2005, 12:28 PM
Might want to tell your wife that if someone's following her that she doesn't know she should NEVER drive home.? Never!

1st choice would be the local police/sheriff.? 2nd would be some place very public and busy where there are lots of witnesses.
Yes, this is part of our "home defense" training. We have a fire department about a block away. Our plan was that if something like that happened, go straight to the FD, pull up to the bays, and blow the horn until someone comes out. But she said the guys came up too fast... I think she was more confused then scared. And our area is extremely safe. But you never can be too careful. Trust me, we had a "nice" talk about it.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Originally Posted by Ruf930' date='Jun 21 2005, 01:11 PM
[quote name='BurgessMW' date='Jun 21 2005, 12:28 PM']Might want to tell your wife that if someone's following her that she doesn't know she should NEVER drive home.? Never!

Yes, this is part of our "home defense" training. We have a fire department about a block away. Our plan was that if something like that happened, go straight to the FD, pull up to the bays, and blow the horn until someone comes out. But she said the guys came up too fast... I think she was more confused then scared. And our area is extremely safe. But you never can be too careful. Trust me, we had a "nice" talk about it.
[snapback]141608[/snapback]
[/quote]
Good man! That's a great plan! Firemen do know a little something about rescuing.

Of course, 9mm under the seat ain't a bad plan either.

....BTW, before all you start flaming me, the winky means I'm J/K about the 9mm.

Quick Reply: 2 two punks in BMW follow my wife home...