Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

130 km speed limit on Autobahn on the German roads

Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

no more 200mph in your M5 or M6 on the German roads.
maybe 130 km/h speed limit on German highways
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/11/03/no...ocial-democrat/

dose this still count for the Nuerburgring???
Old 11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

I hope they don't do it before my 2011 ED. The ring is a race track, not part of the highway system.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='490534' date='Nov 6 2007, 03:25 AM

Why 130 ?
They could impose 150 or 160 kmh instead of 130 .
With the previous government we were very near to increase to 150 kmh the limit
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted
Red face

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='490534' date='Nov 6 2007, 03:25 AM

It will never realize .. politicians also need to drive fast. Just a hype.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2004 530d. Poverty spec

The ring is a race track, not part of the highway system.
Actually the Nordschleife (the old 13mile race track, not the new GP one) is classified as a "one way public toll road". See here.

Pedantic. Sorry

Andrew
Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

There won't be any speed limit for the next 15 years. Thats quite sure. There's just a stupid idea from stupid politicians who think they could decrease the CO2 emissions to 3 million tons less a year.

I saw a TV show where they compared a cow to an E60 525i. The E60 produces 2.7 tons CO2 in 15.000km and the cow 3 tons a year
Old 11-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Cows could never do 200km/hr so I'll stick with the BMW
Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

It will not happen in the near future...

The politicians want us to be upset, so that we forget about other stuff...

Today they raised their salarys... just a little raise, about 10%...

Fact is, most highways in Germany are limited allready. There is just no general speed limit.
A generall speedlimit would not help decreasing CO2 emmissions. The average speed driven on the German Autobahn is 117kph allready...
How can a general speedlimit help?
Answer: it can't!

And: Seeing that car manufacturers like BMW are NOT really trying to build environment friendly cars... shouldn't we fight against them?

In all seriousness: fighting against the speed is fighting against the symptoms. But we should fight the problem, not the symptoms!

The car industry has the technology for fuel saving for a very long time allready. They could built 3.0 L/100Km cars without any problem. They wouldn't be unsafe and tehy wouldn't be slow. But they don't do it...
Instead they bring us great Hydrogen 7er's... And the process of making Hydrogen is much worse to the environment (takes waaaaay too much energy) than burning a couple tanks of regular fuel. And then: why are they bringi8ng Hydrogen, a so called environment friendly technology, to the biggest and heaviest car? And put it in the 760 ONLY? I mean, wouldn't it be smart to bring ou a 1series Hydrogen? And even if you do it with the 7er... WHY with a V12 only?
This all doesn't make sense.
The car industry is what we should fight against.
Speed limits are useless.

A general speed limit will not bring a CO2 reduction as predict by those politicians, and it will not even reduce accidents and injuries suffered from accidents.

So, relax...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by boltoa' post='490697' date='Nov 6 2007, 07:58 PM
Actually the Nordschleife (the old 13mile race track, not the new GP one) is classified as a "one way public toll road". See here.

Pedantic. Sorry

Andrew
+1 I was trying to find some info on that.
I hope this will not be a 130km or I will be going there before it dose trun into a Sunday drive road (slow road)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='490960' date='Nov 7 2007, 12:27 AM
It will not happen in the near future...

The politicians want us to be upset, so that we forget about other stuff...

Today they raised their salarys... just a little raise, about 10%...

Fact is, most highways in Germany are limited allready. There is just no general speed limit.
A generall speedlimit would not help decreasing CO2 emmissions. The average speed driven on the German Autobahn is 117kph allready...
How can a general speedlimit help?
Answer: it can't!

And: Seeing that car manufacturers like BMW are NOT really trying to build environment friendly cars... shouldn't we fight against them?

In all seriousness: fighting against the speed is fighting against the symptoms. But we should fight the problem, not the symptoms!

The car industry has the technology for fuel saving for a very long time allready. They could built 3.0 L/100Km cars without any problem. They wouldn't be unsafe and tehy wouldn't be slow. But they don't do it...
Instead they bring us great Hydrogen 7er's... And the process of making Hydrogen is much worse to the environment (takes waaaaay too much energy) than burning a couple tanks of regular fuel. And then: why are they bringi8ng Hydrogen, a so called environment friendly technology, to the biggest and heaviest car? And put it in the 760 ONLY? I mean, wouldn't it be smart to bring ou a 1series Hydrogen? And even if you do it with the 7er... WHY with a V12 only?
This all doesn't make sense.
The car industry is what we should fight against.
Speed limits are useless.

A general speed limit will not bring a CO2 reduction as predict by those politicians, and it will not even reduce accidents and injuries suffered from accidents.

So, relax...
Well said, Iceman!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 130 km speed limit on Autobahn on the German roads