Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

** Not for everyone to see**

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't want to eat meat or animal products, go veggie or vegan but i think the issue here is the treatment of animals in our food chain. So if it is a big enough issue for you, seek out humanly produced animal products and pay the premium. The video is a PETA produced propaganda film that is probably as biased as one produced by meat processors of America. That said the behaviour in the film is disgusting. I would hope the norm is somewhere in the middle. There ain't nothing sexy about butchering an amimal, that's why I buy steaks instead of cows.

BTW, that's Alec Baldwin narrating.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Please do not hurt the lettuce, cut the grass, or lean on a tree. Just because they cannot squeal, bark, mooo, or move doesn't mean they do not hurt. You're naive if you believe those scientists that say plants and veggies can't feel. Tell that to family members who have a love one in a "veggie" state for years.

We should all starve and die. Where's the humanity in that? Where's the humanity when there's war? This video shows two sides: One is that there are some excessive abusive animal handlers necessary or not, and two - it's so one sided that if you can't recognize it, you might as well kill youself to save the rest of us from misery.

Anybody up for some "hush puppies?"
Old 09-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

i dont even want to watch because i want to continue to eat meat and not puke
Old 09-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Please do not hurt the lettuce, cut the grass, or lean on a tree. Just because they cannot squeal, bark, mooo, or move doesn't mean they do not hurt. You're naive if you believe those scientists that say plants and veggies can't feel. Tell that to family members who have a love one in a "veggie" state for years.

We should all starve and die. Where's the humanity in that? Where's the humanity when there's war? This video shows two sides: One is that there are some excessive abusive animal handlers necessary or not, and two - it's so one sided that if you can't recognize it, you might as well kill youself to save the rest of us from misery.

Anybody up for some "hush puppies?"
I agree. Members of PETA should off themselves, donate they're bodies afterwards for cremation to fertilize baby trees. Now that's saving the planet! Or find a better way to educate people than trying to use scare tactics.

Knowing the way PETA works, they produced this video and told the handlers to throw those birds as hard as they could.

I think its time for me to make a chicken sammich!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

I know there are things that people don't want to acknowledge but seriously....
Where do people think the meat comes from?
Where their leather comes from?
Other topics that are biproducts from butchered animals.

We're on top of the food chain for a reason.

MMMmmmmm... and I do love veal.
And the leather in my 545.

Thanks for sharing