Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Video on Nav

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the install for awhile, everything working fine for awhile, but now my iDrive screen is blue, everything is blue shaded, no other color. What the heck went wrong? My iDrive screen is messed up! Any ideas?
Old 10-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Contributors

Have anyone completed their install without any problems? How about tapping the CAN wires? where did you tap? Did you have any problem?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Members

Hi 525iSE
I have not seen this problem before. Maybe its were you tapped power you blew a fuse, anything is possible. I really don't know because I haven't seen this problem before. If anyone else had any problems please let me know ASAP. I have sold many interface on this forum and this is the first time I heard about this kind of problem. I am just as concerned about this issue as your are and will try to help anyway I can.

Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2go.com

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='341911' date='Oct 5 2006, 10:57 AM
Have anyone completed their install without any problems? How about tapping the CAN wires? where did you tap? Did you have any problem?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DomofNavwithtv' post='342054' date='Oct 6 2006, 05:19 AM
Hi 525iSE
I have not seen this problem before. Maybe its were you tapped power you blew a fuse, anything is possible. I really don't know because I haven't seen this problem before. If anyone else had any problems please let me know ASAP. I have sold many interface on this forum and this is the first time I heard about this kind of problem. I am just as concerned about this issue as your are and will try to help anyway I can.

Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2go.com
Dom,

Can you give us suggestion where to tap the cables?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Contributors

I can guarantee that no fuses are blown, because I've checked every fuse and none are blown, everything works perfectly fine besides the blue iDrive screen, and this may be because of the MASK or the LCD itself, they're checking it on right now. As for this problem, its happened to another member, Harry, he said it might be due to the fact that we disconnected the monitor and plugging it back in a few times, but I only took it out once and re connect it once. For all who've tried installing, I'd suggest tapping power from cigarette lighter outlets, do not tap any power thats going into screen or MASK. If you tap the CAN wire, its best if you can tap middle of the wire, as far away from the pin head as possible, therefore if you have some prob. you can just tape it back with cloth tape so BMW won't find it, that goes for any wire tap actually.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Black Sapphire Mettalic 525i, Premium Package, Pro Nav, Bluetooth, HUD, Aux In, Eibach Prokit, Navtogo TV Unit, 20" Defy D1s

Originally Posted by shield' post='342126' date='Oct 5 2006, 09:32 PM
Dom,

Can you give us suggestion where to tap the cables?
I was having the same dilemma. The best place to tap power is from under the footwell. I dropped the footwell panel and tapped from the power and ground wires on the cigarette lighter adapter. This is switched power as opposed to the constant power in the glove box. If you'd like, you can still run the B+ wire to the fuse box in the glove compartment and use a wiretap like below for a nice clean tap with no splicing. Everything works great!

Video on Nav-picture.jpg
Old 10-06-2006, 03:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kevykev' post='342214' date='Oct 6 2006, 04:46 PM
I was having the same dilemma. The best place to tap power is from under the footwell. I dropped the footwell panel and tapped from the power and ground wires on the cigarette lighter adapter. This is switched power as opposed to the constant power in the glove box. If you'd like, you can still run the B+ wire to the fuse box in the glove compartment and use a wiretap like below for a nice clean tap with no splicing. Everything works great!

Attachment 24526
Unfortunately some of our European cars, do not have this passenger footwell power outlet. But yeah everyone have been suggesting that. kevykev, have you installed the iDrive controller? any problems with it?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Black Sapphire Mettalic 525i, Premium Package, Pro Nav, Bluetooth, HUD, Aux In, Eibach Prokit, Navtogo TV Unit, 20" Defy D1s

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='342225' date='Oct 6 2006, 07:28 AM
Unfortunately some of our European cars, do not have this passenger footwell power outlet. But yeah everyone have been suggesting that. kevykev, have you installed the iDrive controller? any problems with it?
Haven't installed the IDrive controller yet, mine hasn't been shipped yet. Is it causing problems? Has anyone installed it successfully with good results?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Contributors

Mine works fine for a couple of minutes then everything turned blue. Could be a defective interface or a defective iDrive controller. When you install your iDrive controller, you also need to tap power, where will you tap for that one? or will you just share the tap at the passenger footwell? Please let us know when you install your controller. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Members

Dom,

So where is the best place for us to tap into power for units? I do not want my screen to "turn blue" like 525i's. I don't think my 04 has lighter outlet in foot well. So where should we? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am having dealer putting aux input in this Thursday. Then a audio video guy to install Dom's units along with DVD player and switcher with headrest monitors..

Wade

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='342460' date='Oct 6 2006, 10:39 PM
Mine works fine for a couple of minutes then everything turned blue. Could be a defective interface or a defective iDrive controller. When you install your iDrive controller, you also need to tap power, where will you tap for that one? or will you just share the tap at the passenger footwell? Please let us know when you install your controller. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Video on Nav