Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

PYSpeed | Velocity Adjustable Throttle Booster System Group B

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: A fast one!

PYSpeed is proud to be the authorized dealer to bring Velocity Adjustable Throttle Booster Response System to United States. It is the hottest seller in Asia and much discussed on the various threads here and oversea. Installation is a breeze within 5 minutes, and comes with 1 year warranty. Here are some threads about Velocity:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=79260
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/uuc-parts-wil...le-booster.html

Let's kick this off with a 10 people Group Buy for the price of $420 shipped.

VELOCITY brings forward the sheer excitement of driving, by improving and optimizing the throttle response, enabling up to 30% of improved throttle response. Installation of Velocity is simply by ?plug and play? to the throttle pedal connection, without any modifications to the car. Upon installation, the unit is powered up by the ?SPORT? button. Velocity offers 4 modes of selection and users can vary the throttle response simply by selecting the ?+? or ?-? button on the control pedal.

Velocity utilizes proprietary, intelligent and self-learning feedback algorithm that monitors the car?s sensors and optimizing the injection mapping of the Electronic Control Unit (ECU). The unit then automatically calculates the fuel injection amount and timings required, according to the various power modes and altering the car?s response tremendously according to the desired selection.

Another unique feature (first of its kind) of Velocity is that it allows users to switch between ?Original Profile? or ?Sports Profile?. The unit has a built in function that allows users to switch off the sports profile if they want to drive the car in normal mode, or switch on if they want to have increased throttle response, simply by the touch of a button!

Technical Specs
- 4 power profiles selection (MIN, MEDIUM, MAX1, MAX2), adjustable according to different driving needs.
- Optimized throttle characteristics to enable immediate throttle response to the engine in real-time, resulting in faster response.
- Simple ?plug-and-play?, with no modifications.
- Slim and compact design.
- Unit can be powered off during driving, and powered up as needed, anytime.
- Intelligent, self learning feedback algorithm to enable optimized driving throughout the power band.

PYSpeed | Velocity Adjustable Throttle Booster System Group B-velocity02.jpg

PYSpeed | Velocity Adjustable Throttle Booster System Group B-velocity03.jpg

PYSpeed | Velocity Adjustable Throttle Booster System Group B-velocity07.jpg
Old 06-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys gonna do installs?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Basically its the same thing as a sprint booster? Hmmm
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Thats a bad ass steering wheel, lmao...So besides the fact that you can change the settings, it's pretty much an adjustable sprint booster?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Is there only one Velocity for all E60 models regardless of automatic or manual transmission? Also, it would be nice to confirm which of the 4 power profiles selection (MIN, MEDIUM, MAX1, MAX2) is most comparable to the current Sprint Booster? Reading the other threads is seems like people say it is either MEDIUM or MAX1, and depends on the car, but not sure if I read that correctly..

If I can get somebody to buy my SB to offset the price of the Velocity, I might be in...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Members

nice steering wheel ... where did you get them and how much? I want it..
Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com' post='923112' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:15 PM
Velocity utilizes proprietary, intelligent and self-learning feedback algorithm that monitors the car?s sensors and optimizing the injection mapping of the Electronic Control Unit (ECU). The unit then automatically calculates the fuel injection amount and timings required, according to the various power modes and altering the car?s response tremendously according to the desired selection.
Does this mean that the Velocity unit actually alters the stock ECU's programming with relation to fuel injection and timing? This scares me. The SB simply alters the signal for the drive-by-wire throttle to shorten the delay but it doesn't mess with fuel injection and timing, as far as I know.

My guess is that the Velocity unit does the same thing as the SB but whoever wrote the above just wanted to sound more technical. '

Can someone elaborate? For those who has aftermarket software like me, I don't think they'll want any other adjustments to fuel and timing.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A fast one!

Originally Posted by Cwest' post='923115
Is there only one Velocity for all E60 models regardless of automatic or manual transmission? Also, it would be nice to confirm which of the 4 power profiles selection (MIN, MEDIUM, MAX1, MAX2) is most comparable to the current Sprint Booster? Reading the other threads is seems like people say it is either MEDIUM or MAX1, and depends on the car, but not sure if I read that correctly..

If I can get somebody to buy my SB to offset the price of the Velocity, I might be in...
Yes, 1 velocity for both manual and automatic. Max 1 is equivalent to aggressive version of SB, Medium is equivalent to standard SB.

Max 2 has the highest punch, more powerful than the SB.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='923621' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:01 AM
Does this mean that the Velocity unit actually alters the stock ECU's programming with relation to fuel injection and timing? This scares me. The SB simply alters the signal for the drive-by-wire throttle to shorten the delay but it doesn't mess with fuel injection and timing, as far as I know.

My guess is that the Velocity unit does the same thing as the SB but whoever wrote the above just wanted to sound more technical. '

Can someone elaborate? For those who has aftermarket software like me, I don't think they'll want any other adjustments to fuel and timing.
Velocity read and self learn to adapt.

SB does not read signals that is coming in.

Velocity doesn?t mess up the fuel injection and timing. The connection is purely into the pedal and not ECU, therefore there is no overwriting into ECUs.

Thanks,
Eric
PYSpeed.com
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

sooooo.. is anyone going to commit to this GB? i'm interested, but one of those guys that usually sign up as #8 or #9 on a GB..
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Contributors

does this work for the c63 amg? and are u honouring that price shipped for canadians too?

Quick Reply: PYSpeed | Velocity Adjustable Throttle Booster System Group B