Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

NEW! Group Buy: LCI BI-XENON Headlights OEM HELLA

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgm001
Damn man are you sure that the inner/smaller bulb does not light up ? Cuz if it does not, what is it use for ?

It looks like a xenon bulb too..
I have these headlights on my E60 and the inner/smaller bulb does not light up.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Am I sure? I did this conversion almost 4 years ago. The inner/smaller reflector is there to keep the dual round light look of BMW ... the use is only to hous the H8 bulb for the AE halo ring ... exactly just like the real adaptive EXCEPT on the the adaptive headlight it house two bulbs ... the same H8 for the AE on the back side and H3 from the top side for the cornering light.

Heck if you simply want to make your pre-LCI AE (instead of the high beam) as DRL I found the coding hack for that when I did my headlight conversion and there's a thread of my finding here too... but to get the LCI llight features goodies you'll need at least the LM2.

The p/n maybe the right one but the pic you got up above is not for that p/n so there are couple things going on here... the pic is just a generic pic that's why I suggest you to get the real latest close up pic from the seller of the front (to see the dynamic wording on the main Xenon ring) and the bottom portion to confirm the adaptive control box connector.

Or ... if the latest real pic you get from the seller match the pic you get above ... simply it's not the adaptive version ... here's some threads for your reference:

- I bought and using this 'till now -> https://5series.net/forums/private-m...lci-lci-75896/ (note the seller has 2 items pre-LCI & LCI) exactly the same Hella just like the pic you have up above
- Real LCI adaptive headlight for sale by other members here -> https://5series.net/forums/private-m...dlights-95625/ - as you can see the frosted inner/smaller round reflector then the 2nd & 3rd pic from the last is the location of the H3 cornering bulb from the top of the headlight & if you see the last pic you see the smaller adaptive control box under the light.
- ANother LCI adaptive headlight for sale -> https://5series.net/forums/private-m...-uk-rhd-79376/ - note 2nd pic there's no smaller control box for the adaptive under the headlight but you can see the available connector to the right of Xenon ballast. Also in the same pic note the present of a long box (in the middle of the pic) that has blue wire that is related to the adaptive funcion.

Now ... these people able to provided very detail pics of the item they try to sell so to get to the bottom of this is to have your seller provide very detail pic too.

Also, if the price is too good to be true you might wonder of what's going on ... now the p/n provided is easy to get 'cuz it's what people looking for the real thing is a real latest detail pic from the seller ... heck put a current newspaper w/ a date while taking it so you know you get the real thing.

Damn man are you sure that the inner/smaller bulb does not light up ? Cuz if it does not, what is it use for ?

It looks like a xenon bulb too..

Anyways, yes the retrofit harness its not that expensive,, its more the Lm2, but since I want my angel eyes as DRL, I need to get it absolutely and I can always sell my bruce 6.1 cables and buy a new LM2 with the wires,, so its not a big deal to me.

Yes, but I know that they are adaptive I checked with the part number and they are adaptive, plus, yes I know that they are made for cornering and turn only in one side (if you didn't code them to let them turn in the other side lol)

For sure if I find a used pair less expensive it would be great, but it seems like nobody sell one...if nobody is interested in this group buy, I think I'll just buy coilovers first and wait for a used pair of lci akl heads to appear on the classified page or on ebay....

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 01-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Am I sure? I did this conversion almost 4 years ago. The inner/smaller reflector is there to keep the dual round light look of BMW ... the use is only to hous the H8 bulb for the AE halo ring ... exactly just like the real adaptive EXCEPT on the the adaptive headlight it house two bulbs ... the same H8 for the AE on the back side and H3 from the top side for the cornering light.

Heck if you simply want to make your pre-LCI AE (instead of the high beam) as DRL I found the coding hack for that when I did my headlight conversion and there's a thread of my finding here too... but to get the LCI llight features goodies you'll need at least the LM2.

The p/n maybe the right one but the pic you got up above is not for that p/n so there are couple things going on here... the pic is just a generic pic that's why I suggest you to get the real latest close up pic from the seller of the front (to see the dynamic wording on the main Xenon ring) and the bottom portion to confirm the adaptive control box connector.

Or ... if the latest real pic you get from the seller match the pic you get above ... simply it's not the adaptive version ... here's some threads for your reference:

- I bought and using this 'till now -> https://5series.net/forums/private-m...lci-lci-75896/ (note the seller has 2 items pre-LCI & LCI) exactly the same Hella just like the pic you have up above
- Real LCI adaptive headlight for sale by other members here -> https://5series.net/forums/private-m...dlights-95625/ - as you can see the frosted inner/smaller round reflector then the 2nd & 3rd pic from the last is the location of the H3 cornering bulb from the top of the headlight & if you see the last pic you see the smaller adaptive control box under the light.
- ANother LCI adaptive headlight for sale -> https://5series.net/forums/private-m...-uk-rhd-79376/ - note 2nd pic there's no smaller control box for the adaptive under the headlight but you can see the available connector to the right of Xenon ballast. Also in the same pic note the present of a long box (in the middle of the pic) that has blue wire that is related to the adaptive funcion.

Now ... these people able to provided very detail pics of the item they try to sell so to get to the bottom of this is to have your seller provide very detail pic too.

Also, if the price is too good to be true you might wonder of what's going on ... now the p/n provided is easy to get 'cuz it's what people looking for the real thing is a real latest detail pic from the seller ... heck put a current newspaper w/ a date while taking it so you know you get the real thing.
Thanks for the links ! I can see the difference, but yeah those on the pictures I've sent are not the exact lights that he sells..

He responded to my email, that he cannot take any closer picture, because the heads are sealed in theirs box and he doesn't want to lose money with selling an open box, if we're not buying..

About the price, I don't think its a scammer, maybe the price is good, but I don't think the famous " to good to be true" can be applied in this case lool

Wtv, if you want to check on his ebay page, he got pretty good reviews and he owns a store also..

Have a look ; 2 Bi Xenon Headlights BMW 5 Series E60 E61 Hella | eBay

Maybe you can contact him to get more details...

I have sent him another email concerning the compatility with the dynamic xenon thing of the car with these heads, but he replied that he do not provide any installation details,etc...

Lool
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I have no use of this part so it's not my problem I'm just looking out ... 'cuz the seller selling a pair = $1358 which what the actual price of a single headlight (at least on this side of the pond) so for me it's a red flag.

And to my understanding the seller suppose to put the pic of the actual item so looking at the eBay link you provide he claimed of selling item just like in that pic while nowhere even BMW have such part as an adaptive (again I mentioned the differences) even in Europe the adaptive has frosted inner/smaller round reflector so another red flag.

So the seller clueless and use a random generic pic he found and re-use it (fine ... w/ an excuse of don't want to open the box) so not selling item as pictured.

But that's just me I maybe over thinking all of this maybe it is a real deal but at the end you are the one that gonna buy it ... so it's your money.

GL!

Thanks for the links ! I can see the difference, but yeah those on the pictures I've sent are not the exact lights that he sells..

He responded to my email, that he cannot take any closer picture, because the heads are sealed in theirs box and he doesn't want to lose money with selling an open box, if we're not buying..

About the price, I don't think its a scammer, maybe the price is good, but I don't think the famous " to good to be true" can be applied in this case lool

Wtv, if you want to check on his ebay page, he got pretty good reviews and he owns a store also..

Have a look ; 2 Bi Xenon Headlights BMW 5 Series E60 E61 Hella | eBay

Maybe you can contact him to get more details...

I have sent him another email concerning the compatility with the dynamic xenon thing of the car with these heads, but he replied that he do not provide any installation details,etc...

Lool

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 01-30-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
I have no use of this part so it's not my problem I'm just looking out ... 'cuz the seller selling a pair = $1358 which what the actual price of a single headlight (at least on this side of the pond) so for me it's a red flag.

And to my understanding the seller suppose to put the pic of the actual item so looking at the eBay link you provide he claimed of selling item just like in that pic while nowhere even BMW have such part as an adaptive (again I mentioned the differences) even in Europe the adaptive has frosted inner/smaller round reflector so another red flag.

So the seller clueless and use a random generic pic he found and re-use it (fine ... w/ an excuse of don't want to open the box) so not selling item as pictured.

But that's just me I maybe over thinking all of this maybe it is a real deal but at the end you are the one that gonna buy it ... so it's your money.

GL!
Yeahh you are right,, you convince me,, I really taught it was good deal of an honest seller, (maybe it is)... But I think I follow your word and not taking any chance to get scammed!!

Moderator please delete this thread ! There is No more group buy going on !

Thanks Blastiwi,,, if you know someone selling a pair of adaptive bi-xenon lci headlight or a right (driver side)pre-lci adaptive bi-xenon light,,let me know !
Old 03-16-2013, 05:54 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525i

Just to point out, its not a scam because i just bought me the same headlights. What they do is they are the middle man. They order the parts from Hella, it gets shipped to them and turn it around and ship it to you. But you get it straight from hella and thats why they cant show you acual pics
Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I bought my Hella LCI tails from a different eBay seller. He said that Hella made them to the same spec as BMW so he was clear that although it's made by the same MFG and same spec and can be used in our BMW, it's not a "BMW" part. However, when I got my part (sealed in a Hella packaging), I was looking at it closely and it had the BMW symbol stamp molded on it. ...I guess it's Hella's way of making money on the side as well...

DISCLAIMER...I'm not defending the OP's eBay seller or anything and I can't say that the same issue applies to these LCI headlights. Just letting you guys know what happened in my situation.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 AM
New Members

Doesnt Umnitza have something similar to those for 699?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:37 AM
New Members

Projector60 with FXR and Orion LED Angel Eyes [p60dfov2] - $699.99 : Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service|87748 66489