Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

NEW! Group Buy: LCI BI-XENON Headlights OEM HELLA

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black
Default NEW! Group Buy: LCI BI-XENON Headlights OEM HELLA

Hello guys !

I'm interested to do the LCI headlight retrofit to my car and since I saw that I'm not the only one looking for that, I thought maybe we can do a group buy to save a little more money !

I was looking on ebay and found those headlight that are a bit different that the OE LCI heads.
In fact, see by yourself :

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

2 BI-XENON headlights for BMW 5 Series E60 E61 FACELIFT

OEM HELLA

Real Bi-Xenon with Adaptive Light Function !

Brand New. Shipping directly from Germany.

According to the Hella catalog, these headlamps are for BMW 5-series E60 E61 built AFTER 04 / 2007.

This is the FACELIFT – version of the BMW 5-series E60 / E61 !

The headlamps (left and right) are NEW !

Details about those headlamps:

Crystal Clear Indicator

With servo motor for LDR

Without glow discharge lamp

Without cut-in unit

With daylight running light

Real Bi-Xenon

AHL (Adaptive Head Light)

Original Hella = OEM BMW !

EURO-spec.

Part numbers:

1 x Hella 1ZS 169 009-111

1 x Hella 1ZS 169 009-121

OE BMW part numbers:

63 12 7 044 671

63 12 7 044 672

63 12 7 045 691

63 12 7 045 692

7 044 671

7 044 672

7 045 691

7 045 692

63127044671 63127044672 63127045691 63127045692 7044671 7044672 7045691 7045692 LCI

We ship worldwide !
We always have a very fast shipping service. We usually use DHL.

Bill / Guarantee:
You will get a bill and 2 years manufacturer´s warranty.

Group buy price:

The regular price is 1358 US$ + 99$ shipping

If we get five (5) people in for this group purchase, the price will be set to 1229 US$ + 99$ shipping

The special price is only valid for people outside the EURO ( I don't know why... if somebody in the euro is interested in this, I can maybe ask him if he agree or not)

So, that's it if you know any other seller who sell those headlight, or if a seller on the forum sell them and can beat his price, don't hesitate to propose us your offer !

And if there is more than five people interested in this group buy, I can ask the seller for a better deal !

SO....WHO'S IN ?
The following users liked this post:
Fast550 (03-25-2021)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Not to thread crap ... just want to make sure ... you do know there are 2 different kind of LCI headlights, right?

If the pic is what exactly the seller got it IS non-AHL = non adaptive. So price wise should be less than the real AHL/Adaptive capable version.

The adaptive version has a frosted inner/smaller round reflector as all US market Bi-Xenon (both pre-LCI or LCI) only available with AHL/Adaptive.

So yes, it is Euro spec just to make sure if you do the conversion you'll loose Adaptive ability (probably maybe getting iDrive error too).

Really easy to tell ask your source to take a close up recent pic of the surrounding ring of the main/big Xenon reflector if it is Adaptive it'll have print around BMW Dynamic Xenon.

In case you wondering how the heck I know this 'cuz I'm using this exact same kind for my LCI light conversion ... sorry just looking out ...

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 01-24-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Not to thread crap ... just want to make sure ... you do know there are 2 different kind of LCI headlights, right?

If the pic is what exactly the seller got it IS non-AHL = non adaptive. So price wise should be less than the real AHL/Adaptive capable version.

The adaptive version has a frosted inner/smaller round reflector as all US market Bi-Xenon (both pre-LCI or LCI) only available with AHL/Adaptive.

So yes, it is Euro spec just to make sure if you do the conversion you'll loose Adaptive ability (probably maybe getting iDrive error too).

Really easy to tell ask your source to take a close up recent pic of the surrounding ring of the main/big Xenon reflector if it is Adaptive it'll have print around BMW Dynamic Xenon.

In case you wondering how the heck I know this 'cuz I'm using this exact same kind for my LCI light conversion ... sorry just looking out ...
Thanks for the info !

If I believe his description of the product..they are adaptive ! I know what you're talking about with the bmw dynamic xenon printed on the big circle,,I have adaptive pre-lci bi xenon for the moment, but since those headlight are not from bmw but directly from Hella, I don't think the " Bmw dynamic xenon " would be printed !

For sure I'll ask him to make sure if they are adaptive and compatible with the bmw dyanmic system..

You said that you bought those heads,,Have you done the retrofit.. If so can you post some pics and maybe can you do a little DIY it would be so much appreciated by all the forum members I think ..Thanks !!!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yes description is one thing and pics is another thing ... ideally they both consistent.
Also as you know BMW re-branded Hella lights in use with the vehicle or Hella manufactured it for BMW however we like to see it. Either way this headlight can be use only with this particular vehicle not like its generic.

As I mentioned LCI Adaptive has frosted inner/smaller round lens reflector not clear like the pic because it's in use not as a hi-beam like pre-LCI instead it's in use for cornering light that cornering light is part of the adaptive mechanism. On this headlight the inner/smaller round reflector has no purpose (aside to complete BMW look) ... well it's where the AE halo ring bulbs located behind it but there's no light shine out or anything (like hi beam for pre-LCI)

The other easy way to tell get pic of the bottom portion of the headlight under it there should 2 connector plugs, one for the Xenon ballast and if it is adaptive the other is for the AHL module ... in my case since it's non-Adaptive like the pic above it has only one connector for the Xenon ballast and there's a indentation for the other connector but no actual hole and/or connector.

Yes, I did full LCI light conversion almost 4 years ago (the 1st one who did pre-LCI Halogen -> LCI Bi-Xenon conversion) myself here's my thread -> https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...dlights-77535/ (not a DIY) and I bought my headlight from another member on this forum at less than 1/2 the price (yes they are used) but with all the bulbs & ballast and the task was not an easy one ... all the re-wiring ... the coding programming etc.

There's a whole bunch of good LCI light conversion thread(s) from discussion to DIY ... I myself don't have my notes w/ me anymore as it's been a long while but I followed those threads and did my own conversion myself w/ no problem.

GL!

Originally Posted by tgm001
Thanks for the info !

If I believe his description of the product..they are adaptive ! I know what you're talking about with the bmw dynamic xenon printed on the big circle,,I have adaptive pre-lci bi xenon for the moment, but since those headlight are not from bmw but directly from Hella, I don't think the " Bmw dynamic xenon " would be printed !

For sure I'll ask him to make sure if they are adaptive and compatible with the bmw dynamic system..

You said that you bought those heads,,Have you done the retrofit.. If so can you post some pics and maybe can you do a little DIY it would be so much appreciated by all the forum members I think ..Thanks !!!

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 01-24-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yes description is one thing and pics is another thing ... ideally they both consistent.
Also as you know BMW re-branded Hella lights in use with the vehicle or Hella manufactured it for BMW however we like to see it. Either way this headlight can be use only with this particular vehicle not like its generic.

As I mentioned LCI Adaptive has frosted inner/smaller round lens reflector not clear like the pic because it's in use not as a hi-beam like pre-LCI instead it's in use for cornering light that cornering light is part of the adaptive mechanism. On this headlight the inner/smaller round reflector has no purpose (aside to complete BMW look) ... well it's where the AE halo ring bulbs located behind it but there's no light shine out or anything (like hi beam for pre-LCI)

The other easy way to tell get pic of the bottom portion of the headlight under it there should 2 connector plugs, one for the Xenon ballast and if it is adaptive the other is for the AHL module ... in my case since it's non-Adaptive like the pic above it has only one connector for the Xenon ballast and there's a indentation for the other connector but no actual hole and/or connector.

Yes, I did full LCI light conversion almost 4 years ago (the 1st one who did pre-LCI Halogen -> LCI Bi-Xenon conversion) myself here's my thread -> https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...dlights-77535/ (not a DIY) and I bought my headlight from another member on this forum at less than 1/2 the price (yes they are used) but with all the bulbs & ballast and the task was not an easy one ... all the re-wiring ... the coding programming etc.

There's a whole bunch of good LCI light conversion thread(s) from discussion to DIY ... I myself don't have my notes w/ me anymore as it's been a long while but I followed those threads and did my own conversion myself w/ no problem.

GL!
I've read a lot of description with the product number and it really seems to be adaptive headlight !

Anyways, I've sent him an email asking all our questions about adaptive or not and for some close pictures of the headlight !

Yes, I did found some thread and DIY about the retrofit, the lm2 akl part number and retrofit cable set needed, I just asked the question to know if you did have one you know more details and explaination that I have, more easy the retrofit will be !

I see on your thread that you had a really good deal for your lights !! You are so lucky and it looks good !

Anyways thank you man !
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Members
Senior Members

Nobody is interested ..?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't believe its a simple plug n play. I believe you need to buy the LM2 cables from a dealership which are at least $200 plus if my memory is correct, then you also need to have it programmed. It's a pretty expensive upgrade. I wanted the LCI headlights when I first got my E60, but after having Simon blacked out my pre-lci and installed Orion V4's, I can honestly say I would rather keep my pre lci the way they are than to get the LCI ones. It just looks so much more "clean" in my option when it's blacked out and only the AE shows
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yeah it's not plug in play,,in fact you need to buy the retrofit harness and a new LM2 ! Yeah I tough about keeping my pre lci,, but these looks so nice with the two xenon bulb and like once black out and with the new orion v4 and the simon led fins ..it would look so bad ass haha plus, it would be easy to sell them once you change your car,, soo when you think about it its not that expensive !
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 AM
Members
Senior Members

Sorry ... I keep involved in your thread ... but you really might want to get to know what exactly you getting ...
There's is only one xenon bulb on each headlight for both low & high beam (that's why BMW call it Bi-Xenon) ... the inner/smaller round reflector on this kinda of headlight does not lit up at all ... just a cosmetic look ... it does not function as hi-beam like your pre-LCI.

I'm sure you already know too that the other LCI headlight with adaptive (the real one) the one that has frosted smaller/inner round reflector even that does not function as high beam (like pre-lCI used to be) but as a cornering light which lit up when in use during low speed cornering (only one side depending on which corner) or backing up (lit up both of them.

On the good side ... the retrofit cable kit cost only 'bout $35 (not $200) even from dealer ... the kit only contain front head & tail lights socket & plug (that you have to cut & re-crimp for the headlight not just a simple adapter) and a pair of very long wires from under the steering wheel to the tail light in use to power the rear LCI rods.

Originally Posted by tgm001
Yeah it's not plug in play,,in fact you need to buy the retrofit harness and a new LM2 ! Yeah I tough about keeping my pre lci,, but these looks so nice with the two xenon bulb and like once black out and with the new orion v4 and the simon led fins ..it would look so bad ass haha plus, it would be easy to sell them once you change your car,, soo when you think about it its not that expensive !

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 01-30-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

Sorry ... I keep involved in your thread ... but you really might want to get to know what exactly you getting ...
There's is only one xenon bulb on each headlight for both low & high beam (that's why BMW call it Bi-Xenon) ... the inner/smaller round reflector on this kinda of headlight does not lit up at all ... just a cosmetic look ... it does not function as hi-beam like your pre-LCI.

I'm sure you already know too that the other LCI headlight with adaptive (the real one) the one that has frosted smaller/inner round reflector even that does not function as high beam (like pre-lCI used to be) but as a cornering light which lit up when in use during low speed cornering (only one side depending on which corner) or backing up (lit up both of them.

On the good side ... the retrofit cable kit cost only 'bout $35 (not $200) even from dealer ... the kit only contain front head & tail lights socket & plug (that you have to cut & re-crimp for the headlight not just a simple adapter) and a pair of very long wires from under the steering wheel to the tail light in use to power the rear LCI rods.
Damn man are you sure that the inner/smaller bulb does not light up ? Cuz if it does not, what is it use for ?

It looks like a xenon bulb too..

Anyways, yes the retrofit harness its not that expensive,, its more the Lm2, but since I want my angel eyes as DRL, I need to get it absolutely and I can always sell my bruce 6.1 cables and buy a new LM2 with the wires,, so its not a big deal to me.

Yes, but I know that they are adaptive I checked with the part number and they are adaptive, plus, yes I know that they are made for cornering and turn only in one side (if you didn't code them to let them turn in the other side lol)

For sure if I find a used pair less expensive it would be great, but it seems like nobody sell one...if nobody is interested in this group buy, I think I'll just buy coilovers first and wait for a used pair of lci akl heads to appear on the classified page or on ebay....

Quick Reply: NEW! Group Buy: LCI BI-XENON Headlights OEM HELLA