Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ochocinco' post='865413' date='May 1 2009, 01:33 PM
Here is the part number my dealer gave me said its gonna take about a week to come from germany...He said they just learned about it on monday...Part# 63210 301 815 Sorry to delay things I understand if Bruce wants to use someone in my place....I dont wanna hold things up just trying to save a couple of dollars...
According to BMW of Orlandpark, IL:

This is a "white turn signal" light assembly, possibly LED. Costs $661.00 PER SIDE.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

If anyone else wants to get in on the group buy for the euro lci tailight sets let me know...There is one spot left and the price as of right now is $520 shipped to your door....

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...30&start=30

Thanks
Ryan
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by thefleet' post='865421' date='May 1 2009, 01:52 PM
According to BMW of Orlandpark, IL:

This is a "white turn signal" light assembly, possibly LED. Costs $661.00 PER SIDE.
Not turn signal. The whole assembly is white like the altezza style.
I called my dealership and thats what they said.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY-dsc00434.jpg

Look what I picked up from the factory today Everyone on the Group Buy must have paid and settled because I can start arranging for the shipments. Bit of a fly in the ointment, the mounting brackets did not make the build slot and so although I have the units you will not be able to securely mount them on the car, see the PDF to see what it should like.

3D_mount.pdf

So there will be a slight delay in me shipping these out as full units, because I am not completely happy with shipping these out without the mounts. If anyone in the Group Buy is unhappy with this wait please say so and I'll refund your money ASAP, but will need to open up your slot to allow someone else to take it.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by ochocinco' post='865413' date='May 1 2009, 07:33 PM
Here is the part number my dealer gave me said its gonna take about a week to come from germany...He said they just learned about it on monday...Part# 63210 301 815 Sorry to delay things I understand if Bruce wants to use someone in my place....I dont wanna hold things up just trying to save a couple of dollars...
That number is for the white rear lights http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=63&fg=95

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=26627
Old 05-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='865543' date='May 1 2009, 05:10 PM
Attachment 78406

Look what I picked up from the factory today Everyone on the Group Buy must have paid and settled because I can start arranging for the shipments. Bit of a fly in the ointment, the mounting brackets did not make the build slot and so although I have the units you will not be able to securely mount them on the car, see the PDF to see what it should like.

Attachment 78407

So there will be a slight delay in me shipping these out as full units, because I am not completely happy with shipping these out without the mounts. If anyone in the Group Buy is unhappy with this wait please say so and I'll refund your money ASAP, but will need to open up your slot to allow someone else to take it.
Hope you get those mounts real soon.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Out of curiosity, will these cables make the lights operate as they would in a new model car that didn't require a "retrofit"? The guy with the other retro-kit implied that this mod wouldn't change the intensity of the bulbs when the brake was hit and also mentioned something about multiple lamps being lit during brake application.

Does anyone know the scoop?

Thanks...
Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Members

Ok bruce sorry for delay...Please give up my slot to another member.....
Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolf' post='865691' date='May 1 2009, 09:08 PM
Out of curiosity, will these cables make the lights operate as they would in a new model car that didn't require a "retrofit"? The guy with the other retro-kit implied that this mod wouldn't change the intensity of the bulbs when the brake was hit and also mentioned something about multiple lamps being lit during brake application.

Thanks...

I would love to know the answer to this question.

And I for one have absolutely NO problem waiting for the mounting brackets. I've waited this long for the upgrade until I felt comfortable with the conversion kit -- I will gladly wait a little longer for the highest possible quality product. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolf' post='865691' date='May 2 2009, 02:08 AM

Thanks...
The 'other' kit is actually a variant of my own. I choose not to comment on these variants because there are so many floating around and infact I treat it as a compliment.

My kit operates exactly like that other one (or shall I say the other operates exactly like mine ) i.e. on US spec cars you will have the lights operate exactly like the LCI cars. The difference is the EU cars have the Brake force display light as one of the two Brake bulbs and only on EU cars you will get a single brake light come on normally but on heavy braking both will light up.

Quick Reply: LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY