Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Missed the delivery! The cables were actually on my property but the driver didn't leave them....just the yellow claim check saying they were here....

Hopefully I can go pick the cables up at the DHL center this evening. Otherwise I have to wait until Monday......
Old 05-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Members

Thanks Bruce, recieveed my cables today... Two days from the UK to AZ. I told the DHL guy that it takes fedex longer to ship something from CA to AZ. I will be installing tonight and will post some pictures.

Cables look completely professional. And I thank you for all your time, and anwsering all my questions.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Members

Hey are the pics of the install..

Install was very easy 30min at most... toke my time...

The cables are labeled "left" and "right"... well does that mean from the front of the car or from rear of the car. For the cable box to fit for it was standing from the rear of the car.
Hope that?s right...?

I am assuming Bruce couldn't label it as driver side or passenger side because this changes depending on the country.

Here are the pics-

Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Contributors

THANKS for the pics!!

Looks very professional Bruce. Great job!

I would assume that left means the left side as you face the back of the car, as if you were walking up to the trunk/boot from behind it. For example, if I was driving behind someone and their left brake light was out I'd pull up to them at the next light and let them know ... "Your left brake light is out." They would know exactly which side I meant.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

The Left Side would be where the steering wheel is. Hence, Left-Hand Drive/steering (US version).
Old 05-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by forum83' post='879940' date='May 16 2009, 05:30 AM
Hey are the pics of the install..

Install was very easy 30min at most... toke my time...

The cables are labeled "left" and "right"... well does that mean from the front of the car or from rear of the car. For the cable box to fit for it was standing from the rear of the car.
Hope that?s right...?

I am assuming Bruce couldn't label it as driver side or passenger side because this changes depending on the country.

Here are the pics-

You have it done right otherwise it wouldn't have worked. I didn't want to get into the whole driver's and passenger right issue! Although I could have said battery side or not.

In the picture above, I would remove that plug from on top of that picture and let it out because that way it might be blocking some of the vents, remember hot air rises. This is exactly why the mounting position is designed to be there and vertical.

I guess you worked out how to install the item i.e. which hole on the bracket to use. It was a hard time trying to design a single bracket that would work for both Left and Right sides.

I intend making a DIY of my own this weekend to help people with the installation.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Mid way through my install of the V6 last evening. This mod looks so nice I have to get out of my car every so often and look at it!

LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY-dsc_0103.jpg
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolf' post='880162' date='May 16 2009, 10:23 AM
Mid way through my install of the V6 last evening. This mod looks so nice I have to get out of my car every so often and look at it!

Attachment 79505

This pic needs to be archived somewhere as a perfect example of the difference between the 2004-2007 and 2008+ LCI back lights!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Another Group Buy http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=77291 opened for those who were interested. This is the last Group Buy I'm doing for the moment because I've run out of the first batch of units that were made. The next batch has a lead time of about 8 weeks.

I lost some money on the previous Group Buy because I miscalculated the shipping costs and Google increased their fees from 1st of May
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Just got an email today saying my package was shipped...

Quick Reply: LCI Tail-lights retrofit - V6 NON-UK GROUP BUY