Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Laser Pro Park (LPP)

Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Hello all.

I'm pleased to be extending my first Group Buy here. I have a friend who - it turns out - works for the company which recently became the official U.S. Importer and Distributor for Laser Protector's Laser Pro Park (LPP).

So, I've been authorized to offer E60 forum members a special Group Buy discount. Note: this is not a GB that requires a minimum number of purchasers. This GB is time bound. The way it works is you have up until the last date to make your purchase and save some hard earned $. You need to use a specific website (details below), which is the only current U.S. Authorized Dealer.

What is an LPP? Read below. First some GB details.

GB Details

- Runs from June 22 - July 6
- Must purchase from this website: www.dmi-sport.com
- Use this coupon code during checkout: E60ROCKS

Coupon is good for 10% off the site's already discounted prices (and roughly 20% off MSRP). The prices come out like this:

- Single Head Kit: $449.99
- Dual Head Kit: $719.99

This is a very good, one time deal just for E60 members.

Product Details

Free Shipping (included in prices above). Product ships within 2 weeks of your order. Payments accepted on the website are PayPal, Visa, MC, Discover.

Sales tax in NV. None everywhere else.

? The product(s) will be shipped to each customer directly from Laser Protector USA.
? The units come with a 1 year warranty. If you have a problem, you contact the U.S. Distributor ? Laser Protector USA (full instructions are printed in each manual).
? Laser Protector USA will provide customer and warranty support directly to each customer. This is not some grey-market or other such deal. This way, you don't have to wait on me for support issues, though I am happy to help in any way I can.
? Installation is not included. That?s up to you ? the purchaser. Installation requires basic electrical tools, just like you would need to install a car stereo.
? Proper mounting is critical to optimal operation, so your installation (and hence, performance) may vary, of course. Instructions are included in the manual but you need to have some idea of how to work on a car.
? I?m not making any claims as to the legality of the use of the LPP as a jammer, and therefore cannot be held liable for the use of this device as a laser jammer, as the laws are constantly changing and vary from state to state. I?m just providing you this offer and giving you the facts. In most states, as of this writing laser jammers are NOT illegal. However, it's obviously up to you ? the purchaser - to determine the legality of these devices in your area.
? REMEMBER the device comes pre-programmed to function as a parking sensor and it will shut itself off automatically if it detects interference with other laser devices, such as police laser guns. This cut off can be defeated, which will (of course) improve its laser jamming capabilities. What you do with it once you receive it is up to you.

Why Buy a LPP?

Because 1) it has a legitimate purpose - it is first and foremost a parking sensor; and 2) (more importantly) it has a nice side effect in that it blocks police LIDAR (laser) guns from getting a speed reading on your car. He he.

Well, actually the LPP is the ONLY product which I'm aware of which has an actual bona-fide purpose, and happens to block the po-lease from reading your speed. On 2nd thought that's not true. Alternatively, you could buy a Toyota Sienna mini-van because its cruise control has the same effect (laser based cruise control). It's also my understanding that a certain Nissan SUV also has the same feature.

Anyway, if you don't believe me, check these out:

Regarding jammers:

1. In some areas they are illegal. Like I said before, parking sensors are not outlawed, as far as I know. The LPP comes with a "Parking Sensor" type manual.

2. No radar or laser detector will protect you. By the time you "detect" it, you're had.

3. How much did your last speeding ticket cost you in fines, attorney fees, and increased insurance rates???

Is the LPP Legal?

Well, is your PDC legal? Truthfully, you need to check on your state and local laws. I'm not an attorney. I don't give legal advice.

In most jurisdictions, there are no laws against jammers. And I have yet to hear of any laws against parking sensors.

What I can tell you is that the LPP uses laser light, which is NOT regulated by the FCC. The LPP is a Class 1 laser device, which means it is "eye safe." As I said before, there are other devices which jam police laser even thought they are not designed to do so. The LPP is not designed to jam police laser, but a side effect of it is that it does. Personally, I think the problem seems to be with the police LIDAR guns and not all the other products out there which they don't seem to be able to work around.

Please post a comment or PM me for more info.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Check out the car that's pulled over in that first YouTube link...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Yah lol.. the first car that got pulled over is scary
Old 07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Members

My Ride: Fully Loaded Monaco Blue 550i Sport

What if you have PDC already?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Originally Posted by NY550i' post='451176' date='Jul 23 2007, 01:06 PM
What if you have PDC already?
NY550i,

Sorry for the slow response here. For some reason I did not receive the email alert of a reply to this post... anyhoo....

Answer: First off, of course the main reason to buy an LPP is because it's one of the best laser jammers on the market. Second, it's the ONLY jammer in the U.S. that is sold as a legitimate product with a legitimate purpose.

Now, why would you need a parking sensor if you already have PDC? Or how could you justify one? Well, think about how your PDC works. It only activates when you put the car in to reverse. Sure, you could turn it on manually all the time, but who is going to think of doing that every time they need it? How many BMW E60's have you seen with curb rash on the front bumper? I have personally seen plenty, not to mention a couple with major damage (usually ones with lowered suspensions).

So, the LPP is a PDC sensor which is on all the time. You don't have to think about it. It's just always there, working to protect you / your car from damage.

Likewise, this is a reason for it to be on all the time - even when you are driving. How does the LPP (or your car even) know when you are parking? It doesn't. Therefore, the device needs to be on all the time.

If you pull forward into your garage, the LPP will alert you when you're close to the wall (distance warning depending on how you have set the sensitivity - there are 4 levels). Again, with the factory PDC you won't have that.