Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Group Buy: Alcohol Breathalyzers

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by melimel' post='681840' date='Sep 30 2008, 01:42 PM
im thinking.. wow thats a good idea.. but then again.. something kinda feels wrong about keeping that in my car.. im not a lush..lol... then again i dont wanna make a BIG mistake...(had that in my family already, still dragging on-not pretty)

I have one, but I obtained it from the DUI task force I worked on. You have to know how to use it and understand how alcohol is absorded into the body to get a accurate read. You may be a .02 when you left the bar, but I stop you 30min later and you are .08 and I'm taking you to jail. The best way to escape a DUI is not to drink and drive.

Screw buyinh this devices that aren't even certified by NHSTA.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Fah_Q' post='683188' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:22 PM
I have one, but I obtained it from the DUI task force I worked on. You have to know how to use it and understand how alcohol is absorded into the body to get a accurate read. You may be a .02 when you left the bar, but I stop you 30min later and you are .08 and I'm taking you to jail. The best way to escape a DUI is not to drink and drive.

sean get a sling for those things will ya.. ur damm avatar is making me laugh and i want to be annoyed at you right now.. lol..

sorry for posting this comment here.. i just had to get it off my brain or it would be forgotten..
Old 10-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Fah_Q' post='683188' date='Oct 1 2008, 07:22 PM

Any links to NHSTA certified breathalyzers?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='683582' date='Oct 2 2008, 10:53 AM
Any links to NHSTA certified breathalyzers?
There's so many out there... I'd just Google "NHSTA Breathalyers". Not sure how you would use them though. If you are leaving a party or bar and just stopped drinking, your BAC level will still climb while you're driving.

Note: It's against the law in most states for officers give a breath test on one of these devices reffered to as (PBT's or Portable Breath Testers) and have you take another breath test using the "Intoxilyzer"" a sceintific instrument commonly used at the station to measure Breath Alcohol levels. The intoxilyzer gives you the most accurate data and a printout of the persons BAC. Those handle held ones aren't as recognized in court and can't print read outs.

So, there's my 2 cents about those little devices.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Fah_Q' post='683880' date='Oct 2 2008, 04:46 PM
There's so many out there... I'd just Google "NHSTA Breathalyers". Not sure how you would use them though. If you are leaving a party or bar and just stopped drinking, your BAC level will still climb while you're driving.

Note: It's against the law in most states for officers give a breath test on one of these devices reffered to as (PBT's or Portable Breath Testers) and have you take another breath test using the "Intoxilyzer"" a sceintific instrument commonly used at the station to measure Breath Alcohol levels. The intoxilyzer gives you the most accurate data and a printout of the persons BAC. Those handle held ones aren't as recognized in court and can't print read outs.

see sean.. i knew you had some brains under that arrogant hard ass surface of yours.. comon.. coochie coo.. coochie coo..you know you wanna laugh you hard ass...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Fah_Q' post='683880' date='Oct 2 2008, 03:46 PM

So it's pretty much worthless

Btw Mel ... I'm no lush, just researching
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

sorry guys for being MIA. i've been traveling a lot lately so haven't had much time.

anyways most of these breathalyzers are DOT/NHTSA approved as it is becoming a more common thing with breathalyzers. I believe someone was saying ealier that these are no good in court. That's correct, no hand held breathalyzer can be considered evidential in court. In most states a desktop breathalyzer isn't even good enough, so you'll usually have a blood test performed (most accurate way to test). All DOT/NHTSA approved devices are approved as a screening device.

In addition, the absorption of alcohol for everyone is different. It is highly recommended to wait at least 20 minutes since your last drink before testing yourself. Not only are you allowing the alcohol to absorb into your body, but you will eliminate as much of a false positive from having alcohol on the inside of your mouth. That could cause the unit to blow higher than what you should be. Also, if you had a drink and tested too early, then tested again later, your BrAC may be higher the second time, as a result of the alcohol not being fully absorbed.

Here are the DOT/NHTSA approved breathalyzers that we carry
http://www.safety-devices.com/al7000.htm
http://www.safety-devices.com/breathscan.htm
http://www.safety-devices.com/alcomate_prestige.htm
http://www.safety-devices.com/alcomatepro.htm
http://www.safety-devices.com/alcomate_core.htm
http://www.safety-devices.com/alcohawk.htm
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

We use them as drunken entertainment...

See how high we can get the reading... Not before driving of course

There was one at the "Sunset Beach Bar" in St. Marteen. I must have put 20 bucks in that thing... We got the readings pretty dam high... Tequila FTW!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

If I have more one drink after an hour Im not driving. They have stops in NY/NJ all the time. Saturday nights...real late NJ17 is backed up all the way with cops at every corner and they pull over 40 people. Its insane seeing this. You cant even turn around theres cops in the alleys and streets making sure of it. I just put the seat down and fall asleep haha. Hoping no one breaks in. The e60 is extemely comfortable to sleep in.